Mckay

Bobthemod

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

The usual set up for a corner is that your two CB's go up (them being tall and considered good at heading) and your LB/RB sit back for the second ball or counter attack. Which is why Tav shouldn't be taking corners- for a defender to defend a counter after just taking a corner is a hard ask. You then need to ask a midfielder to cover weakening the advantages of the said corner.  

(Fuck am good eh? :pipe:

sorry, Keyser, it's basic tactics to get defensive coverage for a wing back if he takes a corner.

on the topic of exposure to counters - arguably warburton's system's biggest failure. 

warburton failed to implement the tactic used by every successful team using the same system - an immediate tactical foul as soon as the opposition get possession.

1 hour ago, baxterboy said:

what ratio of corners does Tav take compared to McKay 40-1?

and you pick one example. 

Tav has phenomenal dead ball talent compared to McKay and should be taking most corner kicks instead of McKay.

Your inability to recognize this, mirrors the ineptitude of the coaching staff. 

Taveniers crossing and free kicks have been woeful this season 

1 hour ago, baxterboy said:

aye, those specific free kicks posted in response to your post are world class and as good as anything i've seen from beckham or carlos.

and for you not to see it, as a Rangers supporter, is embarrassing.

Tav has hit a couple of decent free kicks but Deary me sticking him in the world class category is deluded. barry Fergusson, amorouso and even Charlie Adam were able to hit a decent free kick but I wouldn't class them as world class .only rangers player you could genuinely make that argument for was maybe Albertz because when he got a free kick in the right area you knew there was a very good chance of it at least hitting the target . With tavenier you just don't get that at all . Like that one last night at the end , I wasn't surprised in the slightest he had fucked it 

7 minutes ago, WGOH said:

I thought McKays corners were decent last night - don't know how many times we won the first ball and fuck all happened. 

This:tu:

The lack of desire in the box was abysmal.

How bad is it that we missed Clint Hill as our goal threat last night.

Him and Toral have done well in recent matches getting on the end of deliveries.

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Is it just me or did we not have 3/4/5 good opportunitys from his corners that were either poor headers or good saves? 

We did.

Our complete lack of desire/composure in the box fucked it though.

5 hours ago, baxterboy said:

i've watched Rangers wingers since Scott, Henderson, Wilson, Johnston, etc i've never seen any of them shite it the way McKay does.

Same era as me and none of those guys were famed for their defensive qualities either - like McKay they were often on the end of some heft challenges - part of the wingers job 

8 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Same era as me and none of those guys were famed for their defensive qualities either - like McKay they were often on the end of some heft challenges - part of the wingers job 

And i bet they all had actual strikers who could get on the end of their balls into the box.

Our joint top scorers are on 6.

Embarrassing

31 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Any playmaker, or whatever you'd call McKay's position, worth their salt must be prepared to give as good as they get where challenges are concerned. 

At the very least you cannot shite out of every 50/50.

At one point last night McKay actually just stopped running when a defender ran towards a loose ball after a poor touch. 

18 hours ago, MasterD said:

He's never been a right winger.

Too often he plays like an old style winger. He should be using the wide position to start but move into the middle most of the time and let the full back use the wing. Naismith played from the wing often but rarely just ran down the line trying to cross, Davis when he played on the right done the same. Move inside to play centrally and link up with the forwards and leave the wide position to full backs.

The only time you commonly see a left footer on the left and right footer on the right running down the wing and crossing it all game is in lower leagues.

is that why o'halloran doesn't get a game?

6 hours ago, WGOH said:

I thought McKays corners were decent last night - don't know how many times we won the first ball and fuck all happened. 

Decent, he whipped over about 14 with fuck all to show for it. They were woeful imo, and so were the guys trying to get on the end of them

8 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Any playmaker, or whatever you'd call McKay's position, worth their salt must be prepared to give as good as they get where challenges are concerned. 

At the very least you cannot shite out of every 50/50.

At one point last night McKay actually just stopped running when a defender ran towards a loose ball after a poor touch. 

Ffs it's shite like your second last paragraph that is just nonsense - try supporting the lad instead of knifing him in the back 

4 hours ago, eosmhdo said:

Decent, he whipped over about 14 with fuck all to show for it. They were woeful imo, and so were the guys trying to get on the end of them

Ffs - winger puts in 214 crosses and he is to blame ?  Oh dear! 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ffs it's shite like your second last paragraph that is just nonsense - try supporting the lad instead of knifing him in the back 

Aye, who's interested in facts eh?

He wears shiny boots and does fancy tricks so that's all that matters. 

He'll get my support when he's on the pitch just like every other player does. But we all pay alot of money to watch him dragging himself about with his sleeves over his hands like he can't be arsed. We have every right to have some concerns. 

9 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Aye, who's interested in facts eh?

He wears shiny boots and does fancy tricks so that's all that matters. 

He'll get my support when he's on the pitch just like every other player does. But we all pay alot of money to watch him dragging himself about with his sleeves over his hands like he can't be arsed. We have every right to have some concerns. 

Very 'supportive' !!