Revealing line-up early

Pedrono1

For the life of me I can't understand what the fuck Pedro was doing or thinking about by revealing to all what our line up would be over 36 hrs before a game , surely he should know that this allows teams to set up shop accordingly which was proven yesterday I hope this isn't a sign of things to come . 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

How was it 'proven'?

I think Lee M has said he made adjustments to his set up once Pedro announced the team mate. 

I am very much in the camp of give Pedro time needed but can't help but feel that was a very odd blunder. 

We hit 19 shots with only 6 on target and we had 13 corners and done nothing really apart from maybe testing the keeper twice, our players just aren't very good we could have announced the team a minute before the game and this bunch would still struggle and plus the fact that most teams stick every player behind the ball minus a striker or a winger for the counter almost every game as they know the players we have. 

About the only adjustment killie would've made was to stick Sammon out on the right against Beerman and the wee man handled him well on the whole. 

Apart from that killie went at this game the exact same way. 

We played terrible football as a team, but let's blame the manager for the shit he has to pick from. 

23 minutes ago, Pedrono1 said:

For the life of me I can't understand what the fuck Pedro was doing or thinking about by revealing to all what our line up would be over 36 hrs before a game , surely he should know that this allows teams to set up shop accordingly which was proven yesterday I hope this isn't a sign of things to come . 

Only one definitive reason if you apply logic, he isn't sending a message to our opposition, he wanted the players to know. It seems like a clear message. If you *rseholes on the top dollar cannot do the job I will replace you with kids and the whole world will see that the kids can do no worse than what you serve up weekly. If you want to play or even be in the shop window you will need to work. If you do not work, you won't be getting much game time.

They put Sammon on Beerman, exploited the space they knew Tav would leave, and left Bates to distribute from the back.

McCulloch admits he tweaked things when he learned of our set up, and also used the fact we'd done it (motivationally) in his pre match speech.

We were shite and that is the biggest reason for dropping points. But this tactic helped them (to what extent is debatable), was never to our advantage, was ridiculous at the time and in hindsight, and hopefully won't happen again.

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

About the only adjustment killie would've made was to stick Sammon out on the right against Beerman and the wee man handled him well on the whole. 

We played terrible football as a team, but let's blame the manager for the shit he has to pick from. 

Exactly, you can't make Lobster Thermidor from shite.

26 minutes ago, markem said:

I think Lee M has said he made adjustments to his set up once Pedro announced the team mate. 

I am very much in the camp of give Pedro time needed but can't help but feel that was a very odd blunder. 

Yeah i agree it was a strange thing to do, but i don't see what difference it really made.

Lee McCulloch probably went for the experience of Sammon and Boyd to try bully the young boys but they did ok considering.

The bizarre thing, for me, was subbing Hyndman at half time.

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yeah i agree it was a strange thing to do, but i don't see what difference it really made.

Lee McCulloch probably went for the experience of Sammon and Boyd to try bully the young boys but they did ok considering.

The bizarre thing, for me, was subbing Hyndman at half time.

Someone behind me at the game said he wasn't supposed to play on the plastic pitch - not sure how true though. 

1 hour ago, Pedrono1 said:

Do you think it would have made any difference if he hadn't done it?

It shouldn't and isn't a big deal. We were playing fucking Killie. Rangers should be able to tell Killie our team a week in advance, areas we want to exploit, which of our players are struggling, patterns of play we've been working on - the lot, and still fucking pump them. 

Theres no excuses for last night - not naming the team early, not the pitch, not our injuries, not the handballs. None. The players aren't good enough, it's just that simple. Pedro could be a hidden gem, he could be the next Mourinho for all it's worth. If the board don't take this one final chance in the summer to invest heavily enough to turn this horror show squad on its head then the guy doesn't have a chance and never will. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

From what I can see it's where he's been playing anyway recently.

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

They put Sammon on Beerman, exploited the space they knew Tav would leave, and left Bates to distribute from the back.

McCulloch admits he tweaked things when he learned of our set up, and also used the fact we'd done it (motivationally) in his pre match speech.

We were shite and that is the biggest reason for dropping points. But this tactic helped them (to what extent is debatable), was never to our advantage, was ridiculous at the time and in hindsight, and hopefully won't happen again.

Putting Sammon on Beerman is something they could have done right before the game regardless when it was announced, Tav had to start so announcing the team hardly changed that, every centre back we have distributes from the back.

Had we won yesterday McCulloch would have said fuck all about "tweaking" his team, he is only saying that cause he got a result. Announcing the team did not effect that result a jot, it was the fact our players are absolutely gash