Miller & Dodoo Upfront

I would agree with this, give them a run against Partick next week.

I know this not about Garner but he really is a stupid idiot and is a liability as far as I am concerned. I think he should try ice hockey or something because every time he goes on a football pitch he is one crazy moment from a  :redcard:   

Guest Lloyd72
14 minutes ago, Cottonbudjoe said:

Dodoo has been involved in a goal once for every 63 minutes he has played for us.

Imagine what he could do if he had a good run of games.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Bears r us said:

I know this not about Garner but he really is a stupid idiot and is a liability as far as I am concerned. I think he should try ice hockey or something because every time he goes on a football pitch is one crazy moment from a  :redcard:   

Which is strange because he's only ever had 2 career red cards afaik.

Fair enough slagging the guy today he was shite but I still think he has potential in a two man pairing but just not as an out and out finisher.

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Which is strange because he's only ever had 2 career red cards afaik.

Fair enough slagging the guy today he was shite but I still think he has potential in a two man pairing but just not as an out and out finisher.

I have tried to give him a chance and see past his stupid behaviour mate, but to me he in an embarrassment and not even a good goal scorer. I do not see what he brings to the team.

If he can change his ways and starts to do well I will obviously say I got it wrong. :happy:  

5 hours ago, jamess said:

Could never understand why Dodoo never got a decent chance.  But I'd be more general and say 'anyone but Garner and Waghorn' up front.  Just a dreadful goals per chance return rate.

Oooohhhhhh....... You're going to get the Garner Fan Club on arguing that he'll score barrowloads if he's played upfront with a partner. They just ignore the fact that's been done plenty of times & he's still pish. They've probably all sent him Get Well cards today after that horrific headbutt he received. Fannies.

47 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I know this not about Garner but he really is a stupid idiot and is a liability as far as I am concerned. I think he should try ice hockey or something because every time he goes on a football pitch he is one crazy moment from a  :redcard:   

He's a shitebag.

1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

I have no idea where people get the opinion the Garner is physical, he's not he is just fucking stupid, runs blindly into defenders and whenever he gets the slightest nudge falls to the ground, and I've also heard the excuse that he'd be better with a striking partner, naw he widnae, he's fuckin' rubbish, how many more times are we going to hear "oh unlucky Garner" as he misses another chance, as for Waghorn I've tried to like him but that miss just before Kenny scored today was the final straw, as far as I'm concerned he can go anytime, I have no idea if Dodoo is the answer but he does seem to be more composed when presented with a scoring opportunity than those useless other two so probably does deserve a run in the next few games to see if he's up to the challenge.

Absolute nail on the head. Enjoyed your post almost as much as today's result.

The lack of awareness does me in.

A perfect example was in the first half when Waghorns shot was saved and fell to Garner, to be fair to him he done the first part superbly in turning the defender, by this time the goalie was readying himself for a shot and two defenders were homing in on him leaving Waghorn completely on his own 6-8 yards out, a simple touch pass would have led to a certain opener.

It happens all the time.

14 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Our options arent great upfront there's nothing Caixinha can do about that until the summer so that has to be the pairing from now until the end of the season IMO.

Garner ha had enough chances now, he's a complete liability who is more interested in petty squabbles than playing football and Waghorn moves like he's towing a camper van and is one of the least clinical strikers I've ever seen playing for us.

With Miller you always get a shift, he leads from the front and his intelligence as a footballer is under rated and Dodoo, who I don't think is great either, at least gives us pace which always gives us a dangerous option and an out ball even if he isn't playing well.

Absolutely agree. Garner made me cringe yesterday when he dropped to the deck at 3 mins and Waghorn is just plain shite. Miller proving the haters wrong yet again and Dodoo instrumental in 2 of the 3 goals. 

Waggy  goal ratio for shots is abysmal i cant forgive him for them chances he squandered at the piggery if only Miller played in that advanced role instead of  waggy that day we would have won that.

Garner and Waggy simply not good enough hopefully baldy will still be employed at forest in the summer so he can collect some of his  Shit .       

Said it since parkhead that Waghorn has had his chance, he's technically really good but can't finish at all. If the chances he had yesterday fell to Miller we could've scored 5, and we would've beat cellic as well. He isn't good enough, good as a squad player in the lower rounds of the cups but fuck paying 6k a week for that. 

Thought it was weird Miller started in the midfield, but look where he is when he gets you goals, always in the box. He needs to play upfront or not at all. 

I've said for a while Dodoo could go on and become a really good player for us, it'll prove to be one of MWs better signings IMO. Theres something not right if he doesn't start the next game and he's sitting watching Waghorn miss 5 chances a game. I couldn't see his goal but watching it back he's actually quite far out and it's a great finish

It's a guarantee that Waghorn would never have passed to Miller for that goal yesterday the way Dodoo did. 

Like many others been saying for ages Dodoo deserves a decent run. Miller is a no brainer as he is obviously our best striker. I reckon Waghorn has potential but needs proper coaching and a better set position than out front.

Garner I wouldnt allow near the first team again. Abysmal footballer and possibly the worst I have seen upfront for Rangers

The first goal perfectly sums up Waghorn and Miller. Waghorn misses a sitter (again), n the ball comes to Miller in what is a much much harder chance and he buries it. 

I've always thought Dodoo was a bit of a headless chicken but his Finnish at partick on the volley shows there is definitely a player in there. He also shows composure in front of goal when Waghorn just blasts it everytime right at the goalie or 30 yards over. Even when Dodoo hit the bar you could see he took his time picked his spot and was very unlucky! Rather than very hopeless which Waghorn always is.

8 minutes ago, superally07 said:

The first goal perfectly sums up Waghorn and Miller. Waghorn misses a sitter (again), n the ball comes to Miller in what is a much much harder chance and he buries it. 

I've always thought Dodoo was a bit of a headless chicken but his Finnish at partick on the volley shows there is definitely a player in there. He also shows composure in front of goal when Waghorn just blasts it everytime right at the goalie or 30 yards over. Even when Dodoo hit the bar you could see he took his time picked his spot and was very unlucky! Rather than very hopeless which Waghorn always is.

Was coming in to post similar. The goals Dodoo has scored have all shown quality and composure. Even that one ruled out at Tynecastle.

Deserves a run in the team now. 

Dodoo got a double against partick away after coming on as a sub. 

We were a goal down and it was 80+ minutes 

Next game was tynrcastle and he got a goal disallowed. That was on the 30th of November 

He didn't see game time until the taigs at Ibrox, where he was subbed on again and very nearly equalised had forrester not been greedy and played dodoo on. 

And again yesterday scored a great goal himself, set up anothet and was a baehair away from scoring. 

The boy in my opinion has been squandered and should be getting played. 

I was a tad embarrassed with Garner yesterday, his frolicking and stupidness got on my nerves. He runs about like a wee ticket and does very little but put us in a stupid position, getting himself booked and being one idiotic tackle/incident away from us playing with 10 men.

Dodoo looks more composed, able and less petulant - as well as having a bit of football about him - It's a no brainer to play him ahead of Garner.