What's a realistic Transfer Budget for next season?

ZeeFour

2 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Going for 10 million to be spent. 

10 million on fees maybe but overall 10 mil won't be anywhere near enough.

By my calculations I reckon MW wasted about 2 million+ on Barton and Krancjar wages alone. Garner cost 1.8 plus maybe another 600k on wages and what did that get us. Don't even get me started on Senderos.  

He never had the money previous managers had but what he did have he spunked away on shite. It just makes you realise how much of clusterfuck he made of it. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I would think that the current incumbents do not want to pony up any cash realistically hence why they have went for the current manager. Soundbites aside which is purely to fuel season tickets I would be surprised if we spend more than 1 M on any player - would think a max of 2 or 3 players will have money spent on them and no more than 1.5/2m tops in total. Even ignoring the finances could the manager attract players in the 3/4 M bracket ? Given that most players down south and in a lot of European leagues will still be on holiday when we kick off our Euro bid and if we fail to qualify all we have to offer players is 38 games against Scotland's finest plus the cups. My hope is between him and Johansson they have an idea of a few seasoned European pros who would be 1st team players.

If it was not for King we could be looking at getting a decent shirt sponsor (say 2/3m a year), a good few million from the qualifiers and Warburton coming in for a few players we could have had a decent transfer kitty.

10 hours ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Wes is one of our best players and you don't get anywhere selling your best players. 

I agree with Waghorn but the rest can stay imo, not that they've been great but there's something to work with in them.

I hear what your saying mate, Wes should command the biggest fee and I'm sure we will be tested on him.  He's a good keep but not that good he's irreplaceable.  

However I would only let him go if Pedro gets the fee to re-invest in the team.

10 hours ago, gj923 said:

Well I would think that the current incumbents do not want to pony up any cash realistically hence why they have went for the current manager. Soundbites aside which is purely to fuel season tickets I would be surprised if we spend more than 1 M on any player - would think a max of 2 or 3 players will have money spent on them and no more than 1.5/2m tops in total. Even ignoring the finances could the manager attract players in the 3/4 M bracket ? Given that most players down south and in a lot of European leagues will still be on holiday when we kick off our Euro bid and if we fail to qualify all we have to offer players is 38 games against Scotland's finest plus the cups. My hope is between him and Johansson they have an idea of a few seasoned European pros who would be 1st team players.

If it was not for King we could be looking at getting a decent shirt sponsor (say 2/3m a year), a good few million from the qualifiers and Warburton coming in for a few players we could have had a decent transfer kitty.

Do we even have a new sponsor for next season?

44 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Do we even have a new sponsor for next season?

32 red is ending and no extension or new one has been announced yet as far as I am aware. Right now it would be better with none until King is gone rather than signing some sub standard one for a few years.

1 hour ago, gj923 said:

32 red is ending and no extension or new one has been announced yet as far as I am aware. Right now it would be better with none until King is gone rather than signing some sub standard one for a few years.

I'm sure I read that Mike Ashley (sports direct) were awarded sponsorship rights after 32 red a few years ago under that sommers.

im not sure if it was linked to any loan from sports direct though- I can't remember but it could've been in exchange for the stadium naming carry on.  He (Ashley)did similar with Newcastle and sold the rights to wonga and kept the money.

Hopefully this year we will reach the stage where income from ticket sales, sponsorship etc will be enough to pay for wages and the running of the club.

A one off 10 million investment in players would, if wisely spent, give us a decent team. 

In future seasons, if we invest wisely, or transfer budget would come from what we get from player sales, and income from Europe.

Finishing 2nd and hopefully a crack at champions league qualifiers, this mite be a bit of speculating to accumulating which as we know is a risky strategy. Needs atleast £10million across the whole starting 11, Caixinha will need all his contacts/experience to unlock some gems. A commanding centre half who just wants to defend and a striker who can naturally score (I know they r in short supply) Joe Garner needs a partner to play off/support all is not lost. What's the chances of Tavernier being the new Ricksen and finding some sort of midfield berth moving forward??

13 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

I'm sure I read that Mike Ashley (sports direct) were awarded sponsorship rights after 32 red a few years ago under that sommers.

im not sure if it was linked to any loan from sports direct though- I can't remember but it could've been in exchange for the stadium naming carry on.  He (Ashley)did similar with Newcastle and sold the rights to wonga and kept the money.

From memory there was a clause that if the extra 5m was drawn down and outstanding after 2016 or something that the shirt sponsor money would revert to Ashley for a year.

10 hours ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Finishing 2nd and hopefully a crack at champions league qualifiers, this mite be a bit of speculating to accumulating which as we know is a risky strategy. Needs atleast £10million across the whole starting 11, Caixinha will need all his contacts/experience to unlock some gems. A commanding centre half who just wants to defend and a striker who can naturally score (I know they r in short supply) Joe Garner needs a partner to play off/support all is not lost. What's the chances of Tavernier being the new Ricksen and finding some sort of midfield berth moving forward??

2nd place doesn't get champions league mate, not for a good few years now. 

Tav is better going forward than defending so there might be something in that, guess PC will judge where to make best use of him.