Monty Zoomer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some right guff written about Toral.

1. He is not out if contract but he only has one more season to run

2. He has not been given a new contract by Arsenal. They simply registered his change in circumstances with the FA when he returned from Granada and the paperwork was misinterpreted as a new contract by some media. 

He looks good enough to me. He needs matches but is improving. I'm not sure what our budget is but an offer for both of our loan players would be a good place to start. 

Hyndman has a long term contract. Wilshire is likely to leave and there might be a squad place for Hyndman at Bournemouth. I'd love to get him permanently but I think it's a bit far fetched 

27 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I don't think either will be a huge loss. We will see undoubted investment and midfield is obviously a priority. I am sure the gaffer will see us ok. :thumbup:

They will be a huge loss if we don't replace them with players similar or even better. These two have made all the difference to our midfield.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Its a long shot but Bournemouth could be relegated, I don't know if that would help or hinder our chances of keeping him.

Should have had him when he was on a free in the close season.  

Would love to have Hyndmand again but let's face it he has been excellent up here.  He will get his chance pre-season down south no doubt and if he plays anything like the way he is with us (or how he did for Fulham) then we have no chance.  The best we can hope for is another loan IF we are lucky.

Personally speaking I am not a big fan of Toral and I hope we could get a solid defensive midfielder in there instead. 

Whatever money King gives us, it's important to take 3/4 million from it and submit a bid for Hyndman outright. 

Really it's upto Bournemouth and Hyndman too what they do. I've no idea if there's a chance, but I'm talking in an ideal world if we get something to spend and the other parties are agreeable to it. 

Toral? meh ... not fussed. He's better than Halliday and has been a lot more use than that wee Rossiter has, but ideally if we were to keep him next season he'd be a squad player on low wages. I could handle that. 

Can't get my head around people saying don't get Toral back next year, he will be head and shoulders above anyone else who comes in, he is good enough and with the budget the manager will get, we won't get anyone as good.

2 minutes ago, mus said:

Can't get my head around people saying don't get Toral back next year, he will be head and shoulders above anyone else who comes in, he is good enough and with the budget the manager will get, we won't get anyone as good.

We all see the game differently, but I can't get my head around anyone that seriously thinks he's done well or is head and shoulders above anything else. I just can't see it. 

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

They will be a huge loss if we don't replace them with players similar or even better. These two have made all the difference to our midfield.

I don't really see what others do in them. I am confident we will replace both sufficiently. Call it blind faith but i am sure our midfield next season will be far stronger than it is this year. It simply has to be. 

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

I don't really see what others do in them. I am confident we will replace both sufficiently. Call it blind faith but i am sure our midfield next season will be far stronger than it is this year. It simply has to be. 

You're right, it has to be. We needed more midfielders and those two have been good in that respect. Toral has his critics, and it's understandable, but he has good touch and can use the ball well; in Hyndman I'm not sure there is a better midfielder in this league; his ability to switch the play and change direction is very skillful, and he must be very hard to play against when he is on his game. I think we need even better next season, but I think it's helped having them here. I think both Halliday and Holt have enjoyed having help in that area. Because of the midfield I think we have a chance next weekend, and hopefully these two players perform at their best for that match; if they both start.

Toral can go was decent on Saturday but I don't think he's good enough for us let alone Arsenal, Hyndman is be delighted if we could get him back next year if we could get him permanent we should splash the cash £2/3mlll. Won't happen though