Wee Wullie Henderson tells it as it is

Just now, Rfc52 said:

That's exactly it. The money MW got we can debate whether it was enough or not. Bottom line is what he spent was a disaster.

What he spent on garner could've got an actual goalscorer for this league easily. His recruitment let us down badly. 

We should in all probability be looking to add to a squad which had just finished around ten to fifteen behind the taigs. He's left us needing to rebuild from scratch all over again.

Not good enough 

Exactly, we shouldn't need to spend £50m to beat the dregs of Scottish football. We have a budget right now that should be miles ahead in 2nd place. As it turns out, we're not. 

With a combination of money and the right manager, we will take the league.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Why? It's an overdraft.

Needed. After 4 years of CL money and selling players. And genenally having everything their own way.

If its me and I'm running a business that has 25 million pounds worth of assets that aren't strictly necessary I'd be punting them.

Unless of course my valuation was pulled out of my arse and further to that even if it wasn't, the assets are not that sought after really?

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I'd be quite happy if the club announced it would ring fence 10M from ST money for Pedro's warchest. At least then we would have assurances that money would go into the 1st team. If the board wanted to match that with investment then so be it. 

How do you allocate that £10 million though? To an extent I agree with Willie Henderson, and he does have the authority to speak about all things Rangers, but how far are the ambitions of Rangers today? I think there is an argument to be made that spending money will generate wealth for the club; at the top echelons of the game there is wealth, even for Rangers if we achieved the necessary means to get to there.

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

How do you allocate that £10 million though? To an extent I agree with Willie Henderson, and he does have the authority to speak about all things Rangers, but how far are the ambitions of Rangers today? I think there is an argument to be made that spending money will generate wealth for the club; at the top echelons of the game there is wealth, even for Rangers if we achieved the necessary means to get to there.

Willie Henderson, does have the authority to speak about all things Rangers but the article he states what we need [50M], not what we've got [0M] that's why i suggested ring fencing 10M of the ST money to ensure Pedro get's some sort of warchest. Could the football board do this though?

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Willie Henderson, does have the authority to speak about all things Rangers but the article he states what we need [50M], not what we've got [0M] that's why i suggested ring fencing the ST money to ensure Pedro get's some sort of warchest. Could the football board could do this though?

How would you allocate it though; would it be solely for transfer fees? I think this club needs the kind of money he is stating, which would be allocated in more than transfer fees. Perhaps he is not so far off the mark.

20 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I'd be quite happy if the club announced it would ring fence 10M from ST money for Pedro's warchest. At least then we would have assurances that money would go into the 1st team. If the board wanted to match that with investment then so be it. 

As soon as the club announced they have £10m for signings then you can stick an extra million or two on every single signing, if a seller knows you've got money they'll milk you like a cow

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

How would you allocate it though; would it be solely for transfer fees? I think this club needs the kind of money he is stating, which would be allocated in more than transfer fees. Perhaps he is not so far off the mark.

I think the club does need that kind of money but we haven't got it. We've only just started paying transfer fees after years of free transfers and out of work players, I think the next step is allocating more to transfer fees to get a better standard of player. We still have a long road ahead unless we get someone to buy us that is willing to put the money in.

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

As soon as the club announced they have £10m for signings then you can stick an extra million or two on every single signing, if a seller knows you've got money they'll milk you like a cow

We're stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. because if they don't think we have the money then they won't enter talks.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

I think the club does need that kind of money but we haven't got it. We've only just started paying transfer fees after years of free transfers and out of work players, I think the next step is allocating more to transfer fees to get a better standard of player. We still have a long road ahead unless we get someone to buy us that is willing to put the money in.

I agree, but just one more thing, would the £10 million you would like to see ring fenced be transfer fees alone?

2 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

If Celtic don't spend anything then you'd be correct. But going by the inflated transfers prices they'll get close to 10 million for dembele and Sinclair probably abit more being that he's English and they cost abit.  Say for instance celtics budget is boosted by a player sale coupled with champions league money then hendersons claim of 50 million wouldn't be far off.

a good defence will cost around 8 million a good solid midfield around 15 and forwards about 10

add more to beef the squad and for wages 50 million won't be far away

Septic never have been and never will be huge spenders no matter how much they bring in. The only time I can remember them investing heavily in one transfer window is the summer they brought O'neil in. Other than that it's mostly 5-8m tops. How much did they spend this summer even with CL football?

Also the arrogance of that mob will probably limit any spending they will think they just have to turn up next season and the title is in the bag.

Yeah they could sell Dembele etc  but they might not replace them with equally as good players even if they do spend big money on them look how many duds we've brought in on big fees over the years.

Also lets not forget this is a team that has 1 win in its last 8 European games they are hardly the Brazil 1970 squad. In terms of Scottish football are they that good or is everyone else right now that bad?

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

We're stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. because if they don't think we have the money then they won't enter talks.

I can see the appeal for fans in knowing money would be ring fenced for signings but just don't think it'd do us any favours in going into negotiations, still, £10m is a bit of a dream for me atm, I doubt we'll have half of that to spend.

Just now, NixonRFC said:

I can see the appeal for fans in knowing money would be ring fenced for signings but just don't think it'd do us any favours in going into negotiations, still, £10m is a bit of a dream for me atm, I doubt we'll have half of that to spend.

I think it's a dream also I'd like to see it done so that the manager has a fair crack at the whip and fans have some assurances when buying ST's.

Better still, Here's £15m, That £15m has to improve the team to a level where it can compete for the Scottish title, That £15m has to buy at least 2 much better quality defenders, 2 midfielders of much better quality and a striker.

If players aren't offloaded from the wage bill the £15m would also have to include wages.

2 defenders

2 midfielders

1 striker

Videos welcome.  

8 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

In a sense money will always be ring fenced anyway when it comes to any expenditure any company makes. in this case the figure doesn't have to public knowledge. I personally think £10 million is a conservative figure in solving the problems in our squad.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

And it would exclude salaries? I think my question makes sense, because I wonder what value the type of player this team needs would cost in a transfer fee alone.

I understand where your going. I think the 'football board' would be best analyse, how best it could be spent on the 1st team. Fans need assurances that money will be spent improving the 1st team.

Just now, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Better still, Here's £15m, That £15m has to improve the team to a level where it can compete for the Scottish title, That £15m has to buy at least 2 much better quality defenders, 2 midfielders of much better quality and a striker.

If players aren't offloaded from the wage bill the £15m would also have to include wages.

2 defenders

2 midfielders

1 striker

Videos welcome.  

We're fortunate in that some players are coming to the end of their careers and can be offloaded rather easily; we are doubly fortunate that those particular players play in the very positions we most need to improve.

5 minutes ago, hemdale1873 said:

Septic never have been and never will be huge spenders no matter how much they bring in. The only time I can remember them investing heavily in one transfer window is the summer they brought O'neil in. Other than that it's mostly 5-8m tops. How much did they spend this summer even with CL football?

Also the arrogance of that mob will probably limit any spending they will think they just have to turn up next season and the title is in the bag.

Yeah they could sell Dembele etc  but they might not replace them with equally as good players even if they do spend big money on them look how many duds we've brought in on big fees over the years.

Also lets not forget this is a team that has 1 win in its last 8 European games they are hardly the Brazil 1970 squad. In terms of Scottish football are they that good or is everyone else right now that bad?

They would still have griffiths in reserve who like it or not is better than anything we have and has scored a lot of goals for them. Armstrong could easily be having a Hutton year and be sold for 8 million.  They have quite a few players on form at the same time and the fees would mirror that.

on our hand we have 1-2 players worth keeping and the rest need paying off before we even begin to build