Waghorns shooting

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No composure most of the time.

When he plays on the right he gets into some decent positions but shooting lets him down, or he gets into good positions and takes the wrong option of shooting rather than laying it off. Too often he wants the glory.

Got to the stage where I think it's now psychological and down to him not being able to handle the pressure. You can be a great striker (although not in Waghorn's case) but once the negative ju-ju gets a hold of you it can completely fuck you up. Just look at the likes of Torres or Shevchenko.

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

No composure most of the time.

When he plays on the right he gets into some decent positions but shooting lets him down, or he gets into good positions and takes the wrong option of shooting rather than laying it off. Too often he wants the glory.

I think one of his main problens is his mind. He fluffs the first chance and his head goes down.. the frustration oozes off him. Some days he will score, then score another couple. 

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

Got to the stage where I think it's now psychological and down to not being able to handle the pressure. You can be a great striker (although not in Waghorn's case) but once the negative ju-ju gets a hold of you it can completely fuck you up. Just look at the likes of Torres or Shevchenko.

This. His head is fucked, in my opinion. 

Noticed it at Rugby Park but it's actually embarrassing when he's trying to control a football. Felt like walking out when he was chasing the ball down down the line on Sunday and just ran it out of play. ??

We have had an embarrassment of riches in from of goal over the years, guys like McCoist, Hatley, Wallace, Mols, Arveladze, pros, jelavic and boyd. Most people would fail to live up to the reputation of these guys, coupled with the weight of expectation that comes from playing for us. 

Waghorn has the attributes but lacks the confidence, as someone else said when the bad ju ju gets you it's fucking hard to shake it.  Maybe next season will be different if he stays, time will tell. 

48 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Isny the best but why? 

(wait till ye see he'll score a hat trick on Saturday )

He'll score a hat trick if the goal is 80 feet wide, 50 high, their keeper loses his eyesight and their defense start feeling sorry for him and give him the ball on the 6 yard line. 

42 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know he was ridiculous on Saturday - so were the whole team. I'm agreeing his shooting is pish and he's not good enough but his overall play can be good at times - does the hard parts then fucks the easiest of finishes. 

The whole team should be learning how to pass to a team mate in training all this week - the amount of slack passes & slack passes to a player 3 yards away was painful to watch. I've seen better passing at an under 7's game. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Of course I did but you can point to the odd instances like that for every single player in the world - I've seen Ronaldo and Messi run the ball out of play before. I'm obviously talking generally. 

Even generally I think he's pretty poor technically.