Do you think we will win the league next season  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will win the league next season

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the current issues holding us back? No.

i don't see the gap being as ridiculous next season, but the if the current issues aren't fixed then I don't see Rangers moving forward.

Players mentality is one of the main issues that let's us down, we don't have enough first team players who want to win every single week. Almost every game we lose the lead and find ourselves chasing the game. Most of the current players a bottle jobs. They can't handle being a rangers player.

Financially we are at a huge disadvantage compared to the rivals. And being able to bring in a high caliber player(s) is looking unlikely. We also have players who are depcreciating with every game they play and look undesirable to even the most desperate of clubs.  

It wouldn't surprise me if another SPL club came in for the likes of Waghorn or Harry Forrester and for them to shine because the pressure is far less aggressive compared to Rangers. But it's getting rid of these players is the first hurdle.

We have a relatively unknown manager, new to the Scottish game and new to the pressures of Rangers. But time will tell if he is just a bearded, Portoguese Mark Warburton, or a no bad Jose Mourinho.

Currently we have a board that has put money in to keep the club ticking over, but I haven't seen any progress on a DoF, an increase in Transfer Budget or even how we can make money from Merchandise. I realise this last bit is still a legal battle. But it's still a huge hinderance.

Based on this seasons performance, we are miles away. I want to give Pedro a chance and I'm dying to see what kind of player he deems fit for the famous. But time isn't on our side, if we have any chance of shutting down 10iar, we need investment, cracking players and an unstoppable desire to win the fucking league. 

Not cunts who seemingly feign injury or bottle it on the big stage.

I feel relatively confident that we will not win the league next season. Why? Because, as others have already stated, it is highly unlikely that the Board/King will provide the funding necessary to acquire the quality players that we so desperately need. I suspect that our acquisitions will be pretty 'bargain basement', and that we'll simply exchange old poor quality players for new ones. I think PC will be frustrated in his his attempts to bring in the players that he really wants. More difficult times ahead Im afraid

My automatic response is always to say of course we can win it but I'd just be falling into the same trap I'm screaming at the rest of the fans not to fall into, we badly need investment in the first team, some might no want to admit it but we're miles away from the tims, for us to win the Title we need to improve significantly while they need to go backwards a bit too.

I don't think it's realistic to expect that to change in one season given the obvious restrictions we have so I'd be content with seeing us get a lot closer to them in the knowledge that Caixinha actually does know what he's doing and there is clear signs that we can then realistically challenge the following Season.

We must win a Cup though, we've no won a major honour in 6 years, understandable given what we've came through but we must regain that winning habit, it's what Rangers is all about.

My aims for next Season

• Put Aberdeen firmly in their place in individual games and in the League

• Finish comfortable second

• get within 12 points of the tims

• win a domestic trophy

• beat the tims in at least 1 League game

If we can achieve all of those goals, ones that should be realistic with our budget then I believe it will put them under serious pressure heading into the following Season, it'll give us real belief we can break their dominance and it'll hopefully convince whonever is running the club that Pedro Caixinha deserves to be backed financially.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

Too early for a poll on this subject .... PC needs a chance to see what he can do to improve our situation .... so not so easy to vote yes or no.

:UK: 

This, we need to see what kind of players Pedro can bring in, and who he can get rid off. :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

My aims for next Season

• win a domestic trophy

A more realistic assessment of what is achievable unless someone is willing to spend £15m to £20m on players and hike up the wage bill to at least £25m, and theres zero chance of that and therefore zero chance of winning the league.

Fucking horrific that our journey back has required two team rebuildings due to piss poor recruitment strategies by managers and boards, doubt anyone certainly not me envisioned that we'd have to deal with those additional self inflicted burdens when contemplating the road back in 2012.

As things stand at the moment, no. But this could easily change depending on what occurs during the summer. I agree with others that think that this poll may be a bit premature.

It really irks to have voted negatively but that's where I realistically place us under current conditions, both in terms of the squad and the board.

3 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

A more realistic assessment of what is achievable unless someone is willing to spend £15m to £20m on players and hike up the wage bill to at least £25m, and theres zero chance of that and therefore zero chance of winning the league.

Fucking horrific that our journey back has required two team rebuildings due to piss poor recruitment strategies by managers and boards, doubt anyone certainly not me envisioned that we'd have to deal with those additional self inflicted burdens when contemplating the road back in 2012.

And we still don't employ even one single  scout. How can we expect to recruit effectively, if we don't have ANY staff assigned specifically to that field. 

Our club is a physical example of the dictionary definition of insanity. 

28 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

My automatic response is always to say of course we can win it but I'd just be falling into the same trap I'm screaming at the rest of the fans not to fall into, we badly need investment in the first team, some might no want to admit it but we're miles away from the tims, for us to win the Title we need to improve significantly while they need to go backwards a bit too.

I don't think it's realistic to expect that to change in one season given the obvious restrictions we have so I'd be content with seeing us get a lot closer to them in the knowledge that Caixinha actually does know what he's doing and there is clear signs that we can then realistically challenge the following Season.

We must win a Cup though, we've no won a major honour in 6 years, understandable given what we've came through but we must regain that winning habit, it's what Rangers is all about.

My aims for next Season

• win a domestic trophy

If we can achieve all of those goals, ones that should be realistic with our budget then I believe it will put them under serious pressure heading into the following Season, it'll give us real belief we can break their dominance and it'll hopefully convince whonever is running the club that Pedro Caixinha deserves to be backed financially.

I must be a greedt kant as beating celtc once IN the league ISnt good enough. They are a good outfit but not superstars as shown IN europe this year. We need to get all negative thoughts dampend and fully believe PC will buy INto our faith and rubs off on his staff and new players. Negativity breeds negativity and before you know IT we will be back to first base.

Your post IS fine other than being happy with beating those cunts once, IF we beat them IN the first match confidence would go through the roof and that carries on to the next game and so on. A new season IS a new challenge and everything thats happened this year should have no bearing on next years campaign

4 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I must be a greedt kant as beating celtc once IN the league ISnt good enough. They are a good outfit but not superstars as shown IN europe this year. We need to get all negative thoughts dampend and fully believe PC will buy INto our faith and rubs off on his staff and new players. Negativity breeds negativity and before you know IT we will be back to first base.

Your post IS fine other than being happy with beating those cunts once, IF we beat them IN the first match confidence would go through the roof and that carries on to the next game and so on. A new season IS a new challenge and everything thats happened this year should have no bearing on next years campaign

Mibbes, but having a shit team and not getting the level of investment to compete certainly will.

A lot will depend on the unwashed and what happens there as I cant see Rodgers, Sinclair, Dembele, Tierney and Armstrong being there by end of next season. The weight of the EPL pound will see them leave and that money will go straight into Desmonds' back pocket. Only reason Rodgers signed a new contract was so more compensation is paid out when he goes.

We can do this if we can cleanse the squad without too much financial damage and spend wisely. A lot to ask of Pedro, King and co but fuck throwing in the towel already for next season to them bastards!