New Daily Record blog.

....       ....              .....                        ....                          ....                            .....

....                         ....                                         .....

....                                                   ....                                     .....

:confused:

:mutley:

14 hours ago, Blue72 said:

When did we all turn into paranoid wee dicks?  Embarrassing 

Have a look at some tweets the likes of Darren Cooney and Jane Hamilton (who wrote a completely made up article about Rangers fans blocking police getting in to Hampden after the cup final) have posted over the years. Sectarian and IRA references and they are still employed by the DR (Cooney is the paper's fucking editor).

Paranoid proddies right enough. 

2 hours ago, Adoniram said:

I see nothing has changed. The usual suspects believing there is no agenda against Rangers.

The usual arseholes working for a rag that wants us cleansed from Scottish society.

Rangers fans my arse.

Paranoid Protestants :sarcasm:

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I genuinely don't follow the logic.

The DR is a skidmark of a paper, of that there is absolutely no doubt. However, when Bears start to get into positions (no matter what level) some of our support go tonto and in some instances help the filth get them sacked. It's completely self-defeating and nothing will ever change.

It's exactly what they've tried with me. 

The only way to change newspapers viewpoints and actions is to get in the mix.  Why would we not want Rangers supporters working for newspapers that obviously have an anti Rangers bias?

Newspapers, political parties and councils are places of influence, of which ours has steadily dwindled over the last couple of decades. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

It's exactly what they've tried with me. 

To be fair Dude your first shot was following the party line was it not and could have been written by any snide journo. Which is why perhaps folks are not keeping the faith....

I do however look forward to more challenging blogs... which I am sure you will deliver

So upward and onward

11 minutes ago, Hoodster said:

The only way to change newspapers viewpoints and actions is to get in the mix.  Why would we not want Rangers supporters working for newspapers that obviously have an anti Rangers bias?

Newspapers, political parties and councils are places of influence, of which ours has steadily dwindled over the last couple of decades. 

this only works if he's allowed to publish his original version (within means obviously), if it's completely changed by the editor which will probably happen, then what's the point

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

To be fair Dude your first shot was following the party line was it not and could have been written by any snide journo. Which is why perhaps folks are not keeping the faith....

I do however look forward to more challenging blogs... which I am sure you will deliver

So upward and onward

I said nothing that hasn't been said on here at length; the board needs to pony up some cash and back the manager. Not sure where defending the manager fits as following the party line though. 

7 minutes ago, quabba said:

this only works if he's allowed to publish his original version (within means obviously), if it's completely changed by the editor which will probably happen, then what's the point

So far, two words have been changed (Nicky Law was changed to Jordan Rossiter)

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I said nothing that hasn't been said on here at length; the board needs to pony up some cash and back the manager. Not sure where defending the manager fits as following the party line though. 

I wouldn't use what is said on here as a benchmark for your writing to be honest, it's full of crackpots and extremists.:lol:

Just some things Dude that caught the eye

"St Johnstone breathing down our neck for the final Europa League place" - wrong there are four places up for grabs, so even if they did get 3rd we would still have got that last slot - so that's fakery and misleading

"the only noticeable difference being Paul Murray's magnificent hair being a vast improvement on the less impressively-coiffured Easdales" -  snidey.

"An absentee chairman who has been spotted on Edmiston Drive even less than the mythical Jordan Rossiter" -   snidey Rossiter joke

I like you as a poster on here Dude ...but ffs stop ingratiating yourself and do the right thing....

Oh and good luck :tu:

24 minutes ago, quabba said:

Which only highlights my point - the more like minded people within a group, the more influence you gain and in the end someone will rise to decision making positions.

@The Dude out of curiosity more than anything else, are they happy for you to be publicly involved in an online forum that could lead to a conflict of interest perhaps or even stuff that you've said on here historically being dragged up by our 'guests' that could be to your detriment. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I wouldn't use what is said on here as a benchmark for your writing to be honest, it's full of crackpots and extremists.:lol:

Just some things Dude that caught the eye

"St Johnstone breathing down our neck for the final Europa League place" - wrong there are four places up for grabs, so even if they did get 3rd we would still have got that last slot - so that's fakery and misleading

"the only noticeable difference being Paul Murray's magnificent hair being a vast improvement on the less impressively-coiffured Easdales" -  snidey.

"An absentee chairman who has been spotted on Edmiston Drive even less than the mythical Jordan Rossiter" -   snidey Rossiter joke

I like you as a poster on here Dude ...but ffs stop ingratiating yourself and do the right thing....

Oh and good luck :tu:

Aye, I got the St. Johnstone one wrong. Completely forgot Aberdeen and Celtic were in the Cup final so the Cup winners place in the EL now moved to fourth in the league.

I made a light-hearted quip at the Easdales expense as part of my belief that very little has changed in the boardroom over the last few year other than whose arse fill the seats.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, it originally said Nicky Law and not Jordan Rossiter. That was the only part which was changed by the DR. It doesn't change the point that was being made.

Not using what is said here as the benchmark for what I should and shouldn't say, even speaking to guys who dont use forums etc, most are like myself and believe King needs to show more interest (and readies) if we are to have a chance of catching them next season.

Cheers. If the last seven days are anything to go by, I'll need it. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Hoodster said:

Which only highlights my point - the more like minded people within a group, the more influence you gain and in the end someone will rise to decision making positions.

Any more common sense from you, my man, and you'll be chased from here with a Saltire up your bahooky.

1 minute ago, rangersmad86 said:

@The Dude out of curiosity more than anything else, are they happy for you to be publicly involved in an online forum that could lead to a conflict of interest perhaps or even stuff that you've said on here historically being dragged up by our 'guests' that could be to your detriment. 

They've already tried that one and it backfired spectacularly when someone else dug up a fairly lengthy post of mine from a few years ago when I 'called out' (for want of a better phrase) some of the stuff I feel is wrong within the support.

No-one has said they aren't happy with it, and they are aware I post here, so unless they do I'll continue posting. Tbh, I think people are really over-estimating what it is I've been asked to do. I've been asked to write a weekly blog, from a fan's perspective, giving my opinion on what's going on from week to week. I'm not there as a reporter, or editorial staff or anything else. Just a punter with an opinion and a substantial platform to share it.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They've already tried that one and it backfired spectacularly when someone else dug up a fairly lengthy post of mine from a few years ago when I 'called out' (for want of a better phrase) some of the stuff I feel is wrong within the support.

No-one has said they aren't happy with it, and they are aware I post here, so unless they do I'll continue posting. Tbh, I think people are really over-estimating what it is I've been asked to do. I've been asked to write a weekly blog, from a fan's perspective, giving my opinion on what's going on from week to week. I'm not there as a reporter, or editorial staff or anything else. Just a punter with an opinion and a substantial platform to share it.

Fair enough, thanks for sharing that. It would probably be remiss of you to not be involved in an online forum in some capacity if you were to be doing that job properly then I guess.