Pedro to sign 'warriors' who will become heroes to the fans

Smile

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know, I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at the all talk no real substance thing. I guess I'm just being a bit OTT because Warburton did the same. But, this guy does seem to really get it, and from the start - more than the bread man.

I'd just like him to be as good on the field as he is as in front of the press. I suppose it's a sizeable part of his job - these press things. Tiring.

28 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I don't know, I'm starting to get a bit annoyed at the all talk no real substance thing. I guess I'm just being a bit OTT because Warburton did the same. But, this guy does seem to really get it, and from the start - more than the bread man.

I'd just like him to be as good on the field as he is as in front of the press. I suppose it's a sizeable part of his job - these press things. Tiring.

I think there's too many members if staff doing too much talking. I don't like King etc saying how many players they're bringing in and I don't like the manager discussing signings until the deal is done. There's no reason for it, if they do sign the player then all they've done Is what they said they'd do and if they don't then they look like bullshitters.  It just leaves them open to criticism

I'm underwhelmed by the fact that Pedro was brought in to manage and not recruit, and now he's talking about overhauling our entire squad with another set of players who will doubt be given c3 year contracts. We're trusting him to do the job our DoF was meant to do. 

it doesn't fill me with confidence 

1 hour ago, gsa said:

Ludicrous comment in my opinion and completely neglecting the facts. 

We need quality this time? 

Walter spent a lot of money second time around. Thomson, Whittiker, Davies, Cueller, Cousin, Mendes, Jelevic, Naismith, etc, etc.

We do not have the money for that quality now. 

I wish people would stop making out old uncle Walter took a rag tag squad from Le Guen and turned them into champions. He didn't. 

He was give the funds to sign a whole new squad. 

I get what your saying, but he didn't have funds galore. Pretty sure he spent his entire £4m transfer budget on Jelavic. Walter knew the type of player he wanted/needed and he got them and they  worked.

Massive difference when you look at what  MW did with the money available and the return we got from them this season: Rossiter, Barton, Crooks, Senderos, Kranjkar. A disgraceful use of funds. 

Right. So we've got an entire squad of players who are either shite or don't want to play for us. And he's going to replace the whole lot of them, with players who will not only die for the shirt, but are also quality footballers.

While this sounds fantastic, and I wish him all the luck in the world, I can't help but feel that the fact that we don't have a pot to piss in might hamper his ambitions somewhat.

19 minutes ago, cp9 said:

I get what your saying, but he didn't have funds galore. Pretty sure he spent his entire £4m transfer budget on Jelavic. Walter knew the type of player he wanted/needed and he got them and they  worked.

Massive difference when you look at what  MW did with the money available and the return we got from them this season: Rossiter, Barton, Crooks, Senderos, Kranjkar. A disgraceful use of funds. 

Thomson, cousin, Mendes, edu, Davies, Cueller....none of them free transfers.

I agree Warburton wasted what money he did have, I wasn't arguing that point.

Merely questioning the narrative that Walter somehow gained success on a shoestring. He didn't. 

35 minutes ago, gsa said:

Thomson, cousin, Mendes, edu, Davies, Cueller....none of them free transfers.

I agree Warburton wasted what money he did have, I wasn't arguing that point.

Merely questioning the narrative that Walter somehow gained success on a shoestring. He didn't. 

It certainly wasn't a shoe string but it was money well spent. Something we're desperately in need of. All our signings need to work and a few of them need to be absolute gems. 

2 hours ago, gsa said:

Ludicrous comment in my opinion and completely neglecting the facts. 

We need quality this time? 

Walter spent a lot of money second time around. Thomson, Whittiker, Davies, Cueller, Cousin, Mendes, Jelevic, Naismith, etc, etc.

We do not have the money for that quality now. 

I wish people would stop making out old uncle Walter took a rag tag squad from Le Guen and turned them into champions. He didn't. 

He was give the funds to sign a whole new squad. 

And in the first season we came up short. We won domestic cups and fuck all else.

Make of the european run what you want, it was great, but characterised the 07/08 team - gritty, determined, well organised. The genuine class like Davis (permanently,) Mendes and Jelavic came later, worth noting that Naismith was miles from a key member of the squad until around 2010 and from memory the likes of Thomson and Whittaker became more effective as we added further to the squad as well. Remember the big fuss in the media that we needed to sign 'flair players' round about 2009?  Aye, we invested money, but if you can't see that our rebuild under Walter came in phases you're clueless. I agree though, the problem is we don't have that money now. 

8 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Good that he's noticed that, I have faith in Pedro to bring in what we need. 

I'm glad you have mate because I don't. He's talking a good(ish) game. However for me a combination of him being an obscure coach and insufficient investment all points to nothing but failure. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I'm glad you have mate because I don't. He's talking a good(ish) game. However for me a combination of him being an obscure coach and insufficient investment all points to nothing but failure. 

Stay positive mate it certainly can't be worse than last summers window

Said it before the 5-1 debacle just after the semi . The only positive I can take from where we are just now is that Pedro has gained a huge slice of knowledge regarding what we are up against . He tried to be too respectful of Celtic in Those two games . Well he learned the hard way that they give us none so we need to return the favour . 

1 hour ago, cp9 said:

It certainly wasn't a shoe string but it was money well spent. Something we're desperately in need of. All our signings need to work and a few of them need to be absolute gems. 

Smith wasted as much money and wages as anyone. People just look on it with blue tinted specs. Even in his second spell, the likes of Webster, Velicka, Amdy Faye, James Beattie, Christian Dailly, Lafferty and Rotten were dreadful signings. 

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

And in the first season we came up short. We won domestic cups and fuck all else.

Make of the european run what you want, it was great, but characterised the 07/08 team - gritty, determined, well organised. The genuine class like Davis (permanently,) Mendes and Jelavic came later, worth noting that Naismith was miles from a key member of the squad until around 2010 and from memory the likes of Thomson and Whittaker became more effective as we added further to the squad as well. Remember the big fuss in the media that we needed to sign 'flair players' round about 2009?  Aye, we invested money, but if you can't see that our rebuild under Walter came in phases you're clueless. I agree though, the problem is we don't have that money now. 

Smith's strength was building a hardworking, defensively sound team, and having a better quality of player to do something great with the ball and win us the game. 

Some of the games we played would make your eyes bleed if it wasn't for the wins at the end. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Smith's strength was building a hardworking, defensively sound team, and having a better quality of player to do something great with the ball and win us the game. 

Some of the games we played would make your eyes bleed if it wasn't for the wins at the end. 

Which is exactly what we need to build for the season ahead. 

40 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Smith wasted as much money and wages as anyone. People just look on it with blue tinted specs. Even in his second spell, the likes of Webster, Velicka, Amdy Faye, James Beattie, Christian Dailly, Lafferty and Rotten were dreadful signings. 

UEFA Cup Final