Internet hipster fans

40 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

You talk about people saying we should get some untested winger no one has heard from Venezuela because someone got him on a free in FM.

In the same breath you defend an untested manager from Qatar via Mexico who no one has heard of.

I know hipsters love to try and be ironic but your taking the piss.

I'd like to defend the OP here.

Just kidding.

He's made an absolute arse of it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I didn't say you wanted him to fail. A minority of posters clearly do though.

Its actually sickening how many negative posts are on here tonight. Yes,we are all fucked off. Its been a horrible shit show of a season but Pedro is the current manager of Rangers and has to be given time.

Less than a dozen games with a squad we all know is shit,very unbalanced,and have not got the mentality to play for our club is not enough time. I would say the reason he likes to bring a lot of young players through is because they are hungry,open to different ideas and will do what he is asking them to do. I think a few of this team have chucked it, have big time charlie attitudes and do not want to work for this manager as he is not blowing smoke up their arses like the previous manager did. 

He might not be everyone's cup of tea, or choice as manager but he is our manager and deserves a chance. Who would people suggest take the job?

Let's make this plain, Derek McInnes would never challenge or win the league as Rangers manager,so I wish this wank fest would stop. He has had 4 years as Aberdeen manager without Rangers in the spl. 2 years without Hibs and one without Hearts (both of which would be realistic rivals for them) and still they trail well behind Celtic. He has not closed any gap at all,and has tried to claim that as success. European wise he has not done well at all. No thank you

I've just posted that and it was very cathartic :dance: I stand by most of it lol

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

And when he inevitably fucks it up that's another year wasted for us.

Managers don't need a window to show they have what it takes btw. The better ones come in and show they can turn things around and get the best out of mediocre players. Has that happened? Has Pedro shown he can change our fortunes when we are up against it? Or do we need some SPFL lower table dross and a Mexican nobody to see what's staring us in the face? Am I writing him off? Of course I am because I've seen enough of him and previous managers to know he doesn't have what it takes to succeed at this club.

We don't have the time to gamble on giving under performing dross 'windows' but we have no choice because we are skint and in the hands of lying crook bastard. 

Calling these players "mediocre" is a compliment to them quite frankly. It's not as if he walked in to an under-performing side which had a poor manager.. He walked into a side that were never going to reach anywhere close to a Rangers level even if you gave them decades. He's came in, made them work harder, gave them less time off and has been upfront with the players as to who is not good enough to wear the shirt. I'm struggling to see what more he could've actually done behind the scenes to at least see some short-term/long-term improvement? What did this guy generally have going for him with regards to our club when he walked in? A large budget? Nope. A decent side? Nope. A side who albeit weren't good enough but gave 100% on the pitch anyway? Nope. He had and still has absolutely fuck all to work with and that won't change until he at least gets new players in during the summer. 

When Warburton was manager I could sit with a list of things that needed to change between games. With Pedro I can't think of much if anything. What difference will any change that can possibly be made make? You could've started Halliday, Waghorn, Holt or anybody else tonight and the performance would still have been the same along with every other shite performance since he's been here. The squad is full of rotten players who contribute absolutely nothing and have no tactical nous. Pedro even said as much that they didn't follow instructions. Not because they refused but because they simply are not good enough to improve beyond "pass ball to team-mate" "kick ball in goal" and they're STILL shite at doing that. No manager in the market that's available to us would get the best out that team (my opinion of course). And nobody is kicking them on to becoming 20 goal a season strikers or flamboyant midfielders. I just think it's an absolute shame that attention is being directed off those utterly utterly fucking pathetic wanks that wear our strip and on to a man who has had zero to work with since day one. 

If I'm wrong though I'll 100% hold my hands up and say everybody calling for his head was right. If we're not pummeling teams within the first 5 games next season with his players then I'll be right along with you. However for now, while these players I generally fucking despise are still with our club, I'll be backing him and hoping the man succeeds to getting us back to the top of football in this country.

Agree with your last part though. Fuck Dave King. 

Said it in K.A.I thread but give this guy £20,000 and get him to find the players in South America who would adapt to Scottish/British game. Said it in the previous thread as a slight joke but now am thinking of phoning him myself!

tim vickery.jpg

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Pedro has a huge rebuilding task ahead of him. He needs at least one transfer window to prove he can make a difference.

The people who anger me are the ones who expect and want him to fail so their chosen manager gets the job.

Willing Rangers to fail so that another manager can take over is insane. Clearly putting their favourite man ahead of the good of our Club.

That's not supporting Rangers that's supporting someone we don't even employ. Go support the team that manager works for if you feel that way

Point me in the direction of these people. This is a fantasy some people have in their heads when voicing ciritcisms of Pedro. 

2 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Pedro can fuckoff cos he can't turn these cowboys into good footballers

Doesn't make sense. Managers should help players improve but they can't make shit players good and they can only help players who want to actually put the effort in. 

I don't play Football Manager, but wondered, if you're no good at it, can you get the sack? 

I hate getting beat. I hate failure, and failing to achieve a goal, which is probably why I'm a Rangers fan.

When I was younger I always dreamed of playing for Rangers. Then, as I got older, too old to play, I'd dream that I was the Rangers Manager. Recently I've been dreaming I was the Head Coach, rather than the manager, because I much prefer wearing training gear to suits. It's a small point I know, but it shows how I think about things The Rangers Way. I'm not an internet hipster, just a dreamer, a dreamer who wants his team to succeed.

We were several great saves and some absolutely shocking finishing away from a fucking pumping at home to a shite Aberdeen team, disgraceful performance after disgraceful performance all season, two 5-1 humpings from the kiddie fiddlers, a 4-1 humping from hearts, fucking hearts ffs, I realise our current manager/comedian isn't to blame for all that but he's tactically made us worse which is quite a feat in itself and his media ramblings are beginning to give me the severe fear, I love my club and would love to be proved wrong but I suspect I won't be, cheap option and someone way out their depth, fuck this board to absolute fuck. 

7 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Pedro has a huge rebuilding task ahead of him. He needs at least one transfer window to prove he can make a difference.

The people who anger me are the ones who expect and want him to fail so their chosen manager gets the job.

Willing Rangers to fail so that another manager can take over is insane. Clearly putting their favourite man ahead of the good of our Club.

That's not supporting Rangers that's supporting someone we don't even employ. Go support the team that manager works for if you feel that way

Was that not what the SOS were doing with the boardroom troubles? 

They only wanted their men in. Now they've got their own way, and things still ain't good. Will they ever admit that they were wrong? I don't mean about getting rid of the previous boards, they needed removed, but for the current custodians? 

3 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Was that not what the SOS were doing with the boardroom troubles? 

They only wanted their men in. Now they've got their own way, and things still ain't good. Will they ever admit that they were wrong? I don't mean about getting rid of the previous boards, they needed removed, but for the current custodians? 

Pedro didn't pick the  board. 

8 hours ago, Bighouse said:

You talk about people saying we should get some untested winger no one has heard from Venezuela because someone got him on a free in FM.

In the same breath you defend an untested manager from Qatar via Mexico who no one has heard of.

I know hipsters love to try and be ironic but your taking the piss.

Exactly this. Why the OP thinks it's the "internet hipster fans" who are calling out Pedro for what he obviously is, is bizarre. I think he'll find it's the internet hipster fans who are saying "he deserves the chance to show us what he's capable of" like it's a fucking x-factor audition instead of Rangers Football Club.

8 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I didn't say you wanted him to fail. A minority of posters clearly do though.

Nobody wants him to fail. They just don't want to have to listen to some cringey shit about magic hats for 6 months before deciding along with everyone else what was obvious from the start. Some people don't learn.

9 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

It's a fuckin riddy man.

I'll say it again: this forum is hoachin with tarrier filth, masquerading as Rangers fans. And i don't fucking care how many fucking thousands of posts they have on here; they are tarrier filth. Fuck them.

10 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Our support is rife with these spastics over the last few years, creeps that sit glued to football manager and suggest we 'take a gamble' on some random Venezuelan winger cos he got them on a free on the computer, and think that makes them football geniuses.. the same idiots clamouring over Ian fucking Cathro. They blame Pedro and want him gone etc when he is clearly managing a team of English league 1/2 rejects, that have fucked up every record possible this season, and that were signed by the mug before him, he's found out quickly what we all know, that the players are useless. He has to pick them til he gets his own players, some cunts just can't wait to put the boot into him just to say I told you so. Get a fucking grip.

Spot on. I think some of these cunts actually want us to lose just so they can start their shitty wee "I told you so" threads.

53 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Fuck all to do with being a 'hipster' and more to do with us being humiliated 3x in a month and absolutely zero progress being shown.

There isn't going to be any progress shown until he makes his own signings though. At the moment he's being forced to pick players from a squad where it's fairly evident most of them have downed tools because they know their payday here is coming to an end.

He's said on more than one occasion now that the players haven't carried what has been worked on in training all week into the games. There's not a lot he can do about that. If he brings his own guys in and the same thing happens then of course he deserves the sack but right now I feel he's being hung out to dry by the imposters on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

There isn't going to be any progress shown until he makes his own signings though. At the moment he's being forced to pick players from a squad where it's fairly evident most of them have downed tools because they know their payday here is coming to an end.

He's said on more than one occasion now that the players haven't carried what has been worked on in training all week into the games. There's not a lot he can do about that. If he brings his own guys in and the same thing happens then of course he deserves the sack but right now I feel he's being hung out to dry by the imposters on the pitch.

Nah don't agree with that.

Not defending the players, they're a joke but he's not showing me anything that says he'll be a success. His team selections are awful, his subs are eratic, he seems to be a poor man manager and there hasn't been a single player who's improved under him(maybe at a push Garner).