Ibrox, Old And New, Different Perspectives.

tannerall

15 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

october 63   real 1 rangers 0    puskas 87 min.. return in spain  real 6 us 0   1st round 80k at ibrox game it was only 3/6  17.5p  league price but they new we would only have 1 game so it went to 50p  tthey had some of the best in tyhe world legends  puskas  de steffano gento ....

thank you for that  i was 21  if it was in 63  i was at the 60 final at hampden when real won 7 3  de steffano was one of the best players i ever saw

1 hour ago, Don54 said:

You're right mate idk why they moved them 

Top to Bottom- Original Gates and Copland Road end, in new position at Broomloan Road end, and imitation gates in place at the Copland Road Stand

Gates.thumb.jpg.d3416884603e7dd9cdfa31d3ae546c4a.jpg

The Copland Gates are a joke compared to the original gates. 

4 hours ago, Rmc54 said:

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

I have very fond memories of the bench seats in the Centenary Stand,  having a sing song up the back.  Whenever we had a bit extra in our pockets,  paid the extra and went through the turnstile from the home end.

Questions for older Bears:

What were the names of the stands before the modern day refurb in the early 80s?

Did we call it the Copland Road or was it just 'the Rangers end' etc?

And what was it called before the Centenary Stand? The Derry/North enclosure? And was the Centenary Stand a new stand, or was it simply the extension of the roof and the installation of bench seating?

Sorry for all the questions!

44 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Questions for older Bears:

What were the names of the stands before the modern day refurb in the early 80s?

Did we call it the Copland Road or was it just 'the Rangers end' etc?

And what was it called before the Centenary Stand? The Derry/North enclosure? And was the Centenary Stand a new stand, or was it simply the extension of the roof and the installation of bench seating?

Sorry for all the questions!

As  far as I recall it was The North Enclosure and Copland Road and The Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds was published in 1973, and legislation was enacted with the Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975.This law cut the capacity of Ibrox to 65,000.In the short term, Rangers took the stopgap measure of installing benches in the North Stand, which was renamed the Centenary Stand

6 hours ago, Don54 said:

2usv2o1.thumb.jpg.327fceb20d8c417ba96331538dbb678d.jpgce692c80f471bfdc021e1d9088f3f51f.thumb.jpg.314b69f53be32293a38c4fcf5bd23895.jpgd653e4476c221e7339441d05ed6c9157.thumb.jpg.4a59a4f8d3560e4a099980bac79a5ab6.jpg

6 hours ago, bordersbear said:

Do you know when the first picture was taken? That's how I remember Ibrox from my first visit in early 70's!

I started going about 1973/74. Couldn't put an exact date on that first pic but it was defo before the centenary stand was built. There's no fence at the end of the covered section.