20k tickets to be collected Thursday, will be mayhem

Smile

Just now, LochendBilly said:

Not sure at all mate, just read what it said on the website as per the link. 

Just read this post on FF, seems a lot of folk are still not aware of these. I wonder why the club don't push them more.

Reading posts on here about the club selling a big number of last minute tickets over the weekend, potential kick off delays etc got me wondering about the Readycard's that are available. Essentially it's a smartcard that is 'Pay As You Go' rather than a 'pre-loaded' like a season ticket. You can buy tickets online and never have to visit the TO to buy/pickup etc

I think many are still unaware that these even exist. A lot of people I've spoken to were unaware of them. I'm surprised that they are not advertised a lot more by the club. It would surely not only save fans time and money, as well as queuing in the rain at busy times, but also save so much time and effort for the TO staff. 

Over the years, I have never been offered one when buying tickets at the TO. When ordering online, the confirmation email states that instead of being sent a paper ticket, you may be sent a Readycard, which never happened either.

I know in recent times the TO will have been understaffed due to cutbacks, and it maybe wasn't seen as a priority, but these were around long before the spivs.

Might be a bit of an initial outlay for the club, but surely wouldn't cost that much to send one out to all the people with a Rangers number, with instructions on how to link with friends and family.

Seems like it would be win/win for club and fans.

Do many FFers have one of these?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the ticket office will be open later tomorrow to allow folk to pick them up after work?

I opted to collect mine as I ordered on Sunday and dont trust my postman!

Unfortunately, like most people, I work 9-5 (same as the ticket office opening hours) several miles away from the ticket office, so wont be able to pick them up in advance.

If i leave work at 5pm, id be over there for 5:30 at the earliest, which would normally be plenty of time. 20k in the queue is gonna take fucking hours though!

4 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I'm confused  Bears.  I signed up to all the non season ticket home games . The money has been taken for Thursday night.  Does my smart card get activated automatically or do I collect a ticket or get one sent out ? 

Smartcard will be activated

2 hours ago, FSM said:

They really need to invest in a print and scan system like they do for concerts, or better still, a smartphone ticketing system.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2958889/Barcelona-introduce-new-smartphone-ticketing-Nou-Camp.html

This would be a great idea so simple and hassle free 

Everyone should have a smartcard to do away with the queues.  I imagine if we keep selling out they will badge this up as a membership scheme of sorts, either way it needs sorting. The club would cover the cost of cards with the money saved in postage.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Does anyone know if the ticket office will be open later tomorrow to allow folk to pick them up after work?

I opted to collect mine as I ordered on Sunday and dont trust my postman!

Unfortunately, like most people, I work 9-5 (same as the ticket office opening hours) several miles away from the ticket office, so wont be able to pick them up in advance.

If i leave work at 5pm, id be over there for 5:30 at the earliest, which would normally be plenty of time. 20k in the queue is gonna take fucking hours though!

I don't think that tweet is right so wouldn't worry about it too much.

Season ticket holders will have smart cards, plenty of game by game people have smart cards which will be activated, quite a few got their tickets sent by post. There's no way 20k are going to collect a paper ticket.

14 hours ago, FSM said:

They really need to invest in a print and scan system like they do for concerts, or better still, a smartphone ticketing system.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2958889/Barcelona-introduce-new-smartphone-ticketing-Nou-Camp.html

I was at a Copenhagen FC game this season and they did the print and scan tickets . It was not a problem. We have done a lot as a club recently but I hope that something like this is looked into.