Similarities with Caixinha and McCoist

Gaz52

Not looks wise obviously 

But in terms of being tactically inept and a soundbite manager, then they're pretty much identical. 

Under McCoist, the tactics were never clear, there was clearly no game-plan and the players lacked motivation every single week. These are all things we've seen under PC since he took over in March.

It seems just like McCoist, he underestimates the task at hand, he thinks simply loading a team full of better players than the opposition will be enough, it's not. When we'd go a goal down when McCoist was in charge, you knew there was no way back for us because he didn't have a clue how to change a game - I'm getting the same feeling from Caixinha.

The erratic transfers are similar as well, although what I'll say about PC is we've yet to see what Alves, Dorrans, Pena, Herrera & Walker (most likely) will bring to us. But Dalcio and Candeias already strike a damming resemblance the signings of Ortiz and Celik. 

It's only July and already we've got a feeling of being "stuck" with another manager we don't want, this appointment was a risk that isn't going to pay off, he's tactically naive, he knows how lucky he is to be here hence the constant soundbites and "one of the lads" behavior going in with the fans etc. Being a good guy doesn't make you a good manager. 

If he is the "hard bastard" he claims to be, then he'll know deep down he doesn't have what it takes to manage Rangers and walk whilst he still has a shred of dignity left, last night was the worst result in our history and possibly the lowest I've ever felt as a Rangers fan, it's simply unforgivable. I fear we won't even finish third under him.

You remember the time Pedro made 3 substitutions at half time? You were lucky if McCoist made 3 in two games.

They are not alike. Caixinha's philosophy and methodology appears to be too advanced for the majority of players he is working with (and our fans). Plus, he is delivering it in 2/3 languages. 

McCoist had no philosophy.

2 minutes ago, John Eric Bartholomew said:

You remember the time Pedro made 3 substitutions at half time? You were lucky if McCoist made 3 in two games.

They are not alike. Caixinha's philosophy and methodology appears to be too advanced for the majority of players he is working with (and our fans). Plus, he is delivering it in 2/3 languages. 

Too advanced?

:lol: 

fuck sake man

3 minutes ago, John Eric Bartholomew said:

I understand what you are saying but why are Dalcio and Candeias looking worse than our old wingers? Not every signing works but when two of the guys brought in to improve us look rubbish then it doesn't fill me with confidence.

4 minutes ago, John Eric Bartholomew said:

Oh right, it's our fault we lost to the 4th best team in Luxembourg. If we'd understood his philosophy this would never have happened.?:tu:

Just now, The Godfather said:

Too advanced?

:lol: 

fuck sake man

Speaking from experience, as a qualified sports coach who has worked with adult amateur players, when you over-complicate tactics and instructions players can seriously lose the message or completely fail to attempt them - with disastrous consequences as we saw last night. 

I'm not saying Caixinha's methods are correct or incorrect, for this environment. But if the delivery is over-complicated, our more basic players aren't going to get it.

8 minutes ago, John Eric Bartholomew said:

Well he can get his advanced arse to fuck out of Ibrox then as he has every cunt gunning for us now after that display last night.  The league will be over by september weekend unless we get someone who actually knows how to win games against part time nobody's.   Should have been sacked after the 5-1 game at home against the unwashed as the 2-0 semi was going on 6 a few days before that game and it proved there and then he was lacking.

But I heard let him bring his own players in? We have and we are worse for it, What next? Give him time ? He and the board have handed them 7 in a row and should never have been appointed Glasgow Rangers manager in the first place as questions now need to be raised about his appointment as it has cost the club millions  

4 minutes ago, John Eric Bartholomew said:

Speaking from experience, as a qualified sports coach who has worked with adult amateur players, when you over-complicate tactics and instructions players can seriously lose the message or completely fail to attempt them - with disastrous consequences as we saw last night. 

I'm not saying Caixinha's methods are correct or incorrect, for this environment. But if the delivery is over-complicated, our more basic players aren't going to get it.

It's the players who he has literally just signed who seemed to "get it" the least though?

I must admit, the more the game went on last night, it did have a 'Deja vu' feeling to it thinking back to McCoist trying to negotiate getting us through some early cup rounds. Same story: we wait until about the 75 min mark, and staring defeat in the face, before we decide to step up a gear and start loading the opposition box with players. Awful.  

1 hour ago, John Eric Bartholomew said:

Total Balls he talks a good game but fail to execute what he preaches 

Pedros tactics are more like warburton than mccoist. 

Mccoist was awful but i honestly don't think with the money thats been spent the last 2 years he'd have lost us that game yesterday. Yesterdays game should have been simple. 

Lets not drudge up the past anyway. Yesterday was its own level of shite

2 hours ago, John Eric Bartholomew said:

I remember - it was against Motherwell and he took of three defenders and replaced them with midifelders - at one point Jason Holt was falling back into central defence. He had Miller on the wing and Halliday at right back - and he kept a centre half on the bench!! - it was a total shambles and defines Caxhina - he thinks he's above the game in Scotland but he is tactically inept. He then followed it up by being horsed by Celtic where he was totally out-thought by Rodgers - was 5-1 and probably should have been 8 or even 9 -1 - we then lost to the sheep and now to a team from Luxembourg.

When Limassol tear Progres a new one and we struggle against Motherwell on opening day, I'm sure it will all be down to nobody understanding Perdro and his advanced methodology! 

Just now, TartanTeddy said:

I remember - it was against Motherwell and he took of three defenders and replaced them with midifelders - at one point Jason Holt was falling back into central defence. He had Miller on the wing and Halliday at right back - it was a total shambles and defines Caxhina - he thinks he's above the game in Scotland but he is tactically inept. He then followed it up by being horsed by Celtic where he was totally out-thought by Rodgers - was 5-1 and probably should have been 8 or even 9 -1 - we then lost to the sheep and now to a team from Luxembourg.

When Limassol tear Progres a new one and we struggle against Motherwell on opening day, I'm sure it will all be down to nobody understanding Perdro and his advanced methodology! 

That was the game my hunch became conviction. At one point we had just one midfielder.