Best SPL players that never played with the Old Firm?

Gaz52

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, miracle said:

Stevie Archibald has to be a shout, only Scotsman I know of who played for Barcelona.

Soon to be followed by Stuart Armstrong and Kieran Tierney, obviously. 

23 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I was looking at their stats from that season and forgot they got made to play their home games at Fir Park :lol: outrageous 

Sure they ended up having to play at Almondvale eventually because Fir Park's pitch got fucked up pretty badly. 

29 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Beto Carranza at Dundee. They had a few good foreigners, Javier Artero & Temuri Ketsbaia, he was a baldy weapon though.

Aye Carranza was good from what I can remember (I was young)..I mind Ketsbaia playing against us after leaving Dundee, with Famagusta.

I'd put forward Sol Bamba. Maybe not always convincing at Hibs but now has plenty of caps under him with Ivory Coast.

Scott Allan too.

3 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Aye Carranza was good from what I can remember (I was young)..I mind Ketsbaia playing against us after leaving Dundee, with Famagusta.

I'd put forward Sol Bamba. Maybe not always convincing at Hibs but now has plenty of caps under him with Ivory Coast.

Scott Allan too.

Ketsbaia was Famagusta's manager as well wasn't he? 

I like the Scott Allan joke at the bottom of your comment 

:mutley:

That Dundee team was mental looking back :lol: Canniggia, Ravanelli, Speroni, Artero, Khizanashvilli, Nemsadze, Sara, Caballero, Beto, Speroni, Rae, Del Rio, Ketsbaia. They should have been challenging and at least winning a cup or 2. Then of course it went tits up with the Bonettis.

4 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

That Dundee team was mental looking back :lol: Canniggia, Ravanelli, Speroni, Artero, Khizanashvilli, Nemsadze, Sara, Caballero, Beto, Speroni, Rae, Del Rio, Ketsbaia. They should have been challenging and at least winning a cup or 2. Then of course it went tits up with the Bonettis.

I remember playing against them on championship manager and never understanding how on earth they had that many good players. 

Who on earth persuaded Claudio Canniggia to play football on Tayside? Madness!

14 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I remember playing against them on championship manager and never understanding how on earth they had that many good players. 

I still play it mate and still face that problem :lol:

19 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I think it's time HMRC were looking into Dundee's possible use of EBTs...

22 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

The Tayzurri!

I loved watching that team on the TV as a kid.