Dave King statement on "Big tax case"

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, oldbear said:

No-one has mentioned his remarks on the media yet.....

" It is unfortunate that we have already witnessed typical bouts of hysterical reporting from certain sections of the media and we should continue to ignore those responsible by boycotting their publications and outlets.

He should name and shame the biggest culprits.

TBH mate he doesn't need too we all know who should be boycotted its time the Rangers supporter took a stand against the republican mhedia in this hate filled cesspit we call Scotland. 

I'm no fan of King and will prefer it when he hands over the role of Chairman to someone else.  That said I think this is a very good response from King in his capacity as a former director and shareholder of Oldco.    It may not be the end of the matter though because although the SFA has given its opinion the SPFL has held its powder dry and will doubtless be influenced by the agitators (as he described them) and the other active harm clubs who are seeking to attempt to influence the SFA and SPFL on this. 

We've now had opening shots from the agitators and an opening shot from King rightly trying to head off any further agitation at the pass (so to speak).    The SFA has put its position and we await the response of the SPFL.    Will the SPFL buckle to the demands of the agitators and the other active harm lot or will that organisation be independent enough and strong enough and free from inappropriate influence to join the SFA and declare the matter closed?    If they can't or won't then King in his capacity as Chairman of Rangers, and his fellow Board members will simply have to get the bugles and banners out for another fight to protect fairly won titles.

It's time for the agitators to back down.    

2 hours ago, Trooblue said:

I would go further - if the hostile fire from the east end continues I would want the above financial matters brought into play, but also a straight, public, question posed by King and the Rangers Board: 'Have the  Scottish football authorities yet considered, or do they intend to consider, the possibility of sanctions (following the international precedent set by the Penn State case) being imposed in any proven cases where child abuse has been covered up?'  It's a fair and reasonable question. The reaction would be interesting to say the least. 

Yep this is what I want,fucking ruin those paedo harbouring bastards 

37 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

1 statement ..yes it's a start but calm down Ffs 

Our board have to keep this sort of stuff going .Continually 

Think we got the 1 statement after the Cup final and we all know how that turned out .Or should  that be turned around 

Thats Dave King's problem - he issues 1 statement  but the haters can use their platform time and time again

7 minutes ago, wotmeworry said:

Thats Dave King's problem - he issues 1 statement  but the haters can use their platform time and time again

With no follow ups or going on the attack 

Thats what we need to start doing 

We are the biggest club in Scotland 

Let these cunts know it 

It is a good statement. I like that he singles out the behaviour of Celtic. I don't think there is much else he can say at this point - it is effectively a warning shot for anyone who is considering pursuing this. 

The comment on the SFA statement is interesting. The only paper that reported it was the Scotsman - the rest just enjoyed trying to stoke the hysteria. 

38 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I'm no fan of King and will prefer it when he hands over the role of Chairman to someone else.  That said I think this is a very good response from King in his capacity as a former director and shareholder of Oldco.    It may not be the end of the matter though because although the SFA has given its opinion the SPFL has held its powder dry and will doubtless be influenced by the agitators (as he described them) and the other active harm clubs who are seeking to attempt to influence the SFA and SPFL on this. 

We've now had opening shots from the agitators and an opening shot from King rightly trying to head off any further agitation at the pass (so to speak).    The SFA has put its position and we await the response of the SPFL.    Will the SPFL buckle to the demands of the agitators and the other active harm lot or will that organisation be independent enough and strong enough and free from inappropriate influence to join the SFA and declare the matter closed?    If they can't or won't then King in his capacity as Chairman of Rangers, and his fellow Board members will simply have to get the bugles and banners out for another fight to protect fairly won titles.

It's time for the agitators to back down.    

The sfa have left it open with the words 'at this time' so DK as almost got this right and needs to address this and get it amended ?

1 hour ago, Vercingetorix said:

I know we know who the biggest culprits are, but would still be nice of him to name them in black and white....still impressed he even used the word "boycott" to be honest.

King is only saying what Vanguard Bears have been saying for years, and actually doing something about it.

Maybe he's decided it's time to act as his own bank account may now be affected?

Hopefully he'll follow up on this statement and actually do something positive in our fight against the Bheast and their ilk.

He could start by telling the Bheast, and all other clubs, to sell their matchday tickets themselves - we don't want any.

He could tell the fans the team would rather play away games without a support, until other clubs start to respect the Rangers.

He could tell the SFA our players are unavailable for the Scotland team (if we've got any Scottish players left).

And he could get our support to bond better in the fight against our enemies by disbanding his club1872 fans group, and come clean with the fans at all times.

If he does even 2 of the above, I'll start to trust him more.

3 hours ago, ranter said:

Think it's a good statement, and gives the impression if liewell wants to have another pop, King has even more to come back with.

Absolutely agree.  DK has kept more than some powder dry for any more salvoes required.  

6 minutes ago, thebooler said:

King is only saying what Vanguard Bears have been saying for years, and actually doing something about it.

Maybe he's decided it's time to act as his own bank account may now be affected?

Or perhaps he just waited on the outcome of the BTC and avoided looking like a fud releasing something that was out of sync

9 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Hopefully he'll follow up on this statement and actually do something positive in our fight against the Bheast and their ilk.

He could start by telling the Bheast, and all other clubs, to sell their matchday tickets themselves - we don't want any.

He could tell the fans the team would rather play away games without a support, until other clubs start to respect the Rangers.

He could tell the SFA our players are unavailable for the Scotland team (if we've got any Scottish players left).

And he could get our support to bond better in the fight against our enemies by disbanding his club1872 fans group, and come clean with the fans at all times.

If he does even 2 of the above, I'll start to trust him more.

The one about away games I've been saying that on other threads and getting dogs abuse for it but I think the sooner we do it the better, with the backing of the club

The SPL inquiry settled the matter no matter what the eventual outcome of the HMRC appeal(s) and that was agreed to by the SPL lawyer who is also the Tims lawyer.

The SPL presented no argument to challenge the decision of the majority of the Tax Tribunal and Mr McKenzie stated expressly that for all purposes of this Commission’s Inquiry and Determination the SPL accepted that decision as it stood, without regard to any possible appeal by HMRC.

That was and is the end of the matter (or should be).  If the SPFL is just the SPL with a new name then nothing has changed.  If the SPFL is a new separate entity then it has nothing to do with them.

It has taken 7 years to resolve the BTC and we cannot come to any arrangement with HMRC because Whyte deliberately got us into administration and oldco has now folded.  The BTC did not put us into admin that was Whyte.