Dave King statement on "Big tax case"

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Decent statement if it wasn't for the fact he previously claimed:

:sarcasm:

I am no fan of King but was happy he put out that statement and it explained to me better how it worked. :thumbup:

When did he say what you have quoted above, because that has burst my balloon a little after reading what he put out today.  :unsure:

Robust and well timed statement, let the mutants have their whine and then respond, ultimately theres fuck all title stripping can be done or they would have done it already.

Bet Kings almost delighted the ruling and the foaming tarriers response has taken the derry off the team.

Few things better than a beeling taig, hopefully this statement makes em even more beeling..

The tims fired the first shots and King has returned fire in great style. If Liewell is stupid enough not to cease fire then King must open the INGENIOUS film makers debate where over a dozen high profile cel*s were involved in a tax avoidance scheme now deemed as illegal . We were up front and transparent with everything regarding EBT'S , lets see if they're as open with their tax avoidance issues.

5 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

The tims fired the first shots and King has returned fire in great style. If Liewell is stupid enough not to cease fire then King must open the INGENIOUS film makers debate where over a dozen high profile cel*s were involved in a tax avoidance scheme now deemed as illegal . We were up front and transparent with everything regarding EBT'S , lets see if they're as open with their tax avoidance issues.

This, eric riley would have been on the SFA's payroll when involved in this scheme, Liewell himself was on it.

3 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

I would go further - if the hostile fire from the east end continues I would want the above financial matters brought into play, but also a straight, public, question posed by King and the Rangers Board: 'Have the  Scottish football authorities yet considered, or do they intend to consider, the possibility of sanctions (following the international precedent set by the Penn State case) being imposed in any proven cases where child abuse has been covered up?'  It's a fair and reasonable question. The reaction would be interesting to say the least. 

54 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

‘And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

‘I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.

‘I know that the Murray Group might not say that, because it might be tantamount to admitting it.

Unfortunately that will probably be where the guns will be turned on.

54 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

It absolutely certain that this will be used by the obsessed and their media lackies to rebuff his statement today.  Would hope King has a ready response to this otherwise his statement will be refuted and lose impact.  He has to have been aware that they would use this against him.

The Celtic board issued a statement agitating for a re-opening and reversal of the decisions previously made when, in fact, nothing has changed. It is disappointing that they have attempted to influence the footballing authorities to alter its historic football honours by calling on administrators and lawyers to achieve off the pitch what its teams failed to do on the pitch. 

So typical of the offended ones, and laughable when you see shit like this https://footballtaxhavens.wordpress.com/ and falsifying attendances in the 60's and 70's ( Is that not some sort of tax avoidance ? )

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

It absolutely certain that this will be used by the obsessed and their media lackies to rebuff his statement today.  Would hope King has a ready response to this otherwise his statement will be refuted and lose impact.  He has to have been aware that they would use this against him.

Yes, if he doesn't he'll be made to look foolish.

3 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Really good statement - folk, even amongst our own, will nit pick but I don't really think he could do much better without going to the 'gutter talk' applied by others. 

Jim Duffy on RC critical of the statement saying that it's just stoking tensions.

Yeah, it's definitely us doing that. :huh:

He also clearly doesn't understand what DK has said based on his bletherings. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Jim Duffy on RC critical of the statement saying that it's just stoking tensions.

Yeah, it's definitely us doing that. :huh:

He also clearly doesn't understand what DK has said based on his bletherings. 

King blamed for stoking tensions? :rofl:

Duffy needs to take a look at himself, then around at what's been said by others this week -

what a knob.

Just now, Sparkle said:

King blamed for stoking tensions? :rofl:

Duffy needs to take a look at himself, then around at what's been said by others this week -

what a knob.

Duffy's normally decent enough, but not exactly covering himself in glory on this. 

It's unfortunate that platforms like this are dominated by them. Just means the tone gets set in an anti-Rangers way. There's been very little in the way of opposing points of view when I've listened over the last few days.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Duffy's normally decent enough, but not exactly covering himself in glory on this. 

It's unfortunate that platforms like this are dominated by them. Just means the tone gets set in an anti-Rangers way. There's been very little in the way of opposing points of view when I've listened over the last few days.

Haven't heard It, but it's not like him - he's usually pretty fair.

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

Haven't heard It, but it's not like him - he's usually pretty fair.

Tbf, he's not clamoring for title stripping the way Keevins was the other night. He's saying that it's debatable as to whether Rangers could have afforded it.

Of course they've highlighted King's previous contradictory statement as well. Like I say, absolutely no argument being presented in our favour. Nada. And considering what could be said about EBTs and financial advantages abroad and in Scotland, and all of the other things that've been discussed on here, it's pretty poor.