McKay - "I wasn't being treated the way any human should be treated"

Gaz52

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I wasn't solely blaming him but he was at part fault for both goals.

Far too slow to close his man down for the first and giving the free kick away for the second by trying to get a carry coal bag from his opponent.

That's individual errors he is accountable for, he has had a year at Rangers from Accrington Stanley so he should know the demands by now.

Now Bates and Fod also were to blame but i seen enough of this guy last year to have the opinion that he would never be good enough, if Pedro thinks he is then fair enough, we will see what happens then.

I agree with most of that, but I've seen Windass show some skill, get into a very good position, and then run out of ideas; there was a match against St Johnstone, at their ground, where he got into the six yard box and then looked for someone to pass the ball back to. I think he lacks the ability to understand how he should play, and I saw signs that he was dealing with that; it appeared to me that the manager was getting him to use the ball more wisely. I could be wrong, but I would stick with him this season; if he doesn't prove himself then he should be moved on.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pedro is anything like the managers I work with, He is treating those players he wants to leave as crap,to try to force them to move on,That seems to happen in my Workplace,Especially the older yins seem to get grief. It seems to be human nature to treat someone like shit you want rid of.Can see several players complaining in future when they leave.

48 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

And people questioning why he has gone but some of the other duds are still there - it's because no one wants them, not because Pedro does.

So why are Waghorn and Windass in the team then if Pedro didn't want them?

Why aren't they banished with O'Halloran/Keirnan/Forrester etc?

18 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

He also said he was expecting a few more in, and since then it's only been Dorrans. The players they've brought in were fairly easy deals to conclude as we weren't dealing with Scottish sides. We wouldn't have bid for Walker and McLean if they weren't also on his radar. 

Yeah fair points regarding bids being rejected.

He still said that the players are his first picks though so i'm assuming he is happy, it's now a waiting game to see if they come good but early signs are worrying and we have been through enough shite to ignore them.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Degrees of ineptitude and/or effort? One of the 'banished' doesn't appear to be a responsible adult, let alone a professional footballer.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree with most of that, but I've seen Windass show some skill, get into a very good position, and then run out of ideas; there was a match against St Johnstone, at their ground, where he got into the six yard box and then looked for someone to pass the ball back to. I think he lacks the ability to understand how he should play, and I saw signs that he was dealing with that; it appeared to me that the manager was getting him to use the ball more wisely. I could be wrong, but I would stick with him this season; if he doesn't prove himself then he should be moved on.

Yes, glimpses of something now and then.

McKay showed plenty more glimpses of skill and was deemed not good enough.

I think it was away to Ross County he was fouled a few times and was looking to the bench for support, that to me had alarm bells ringing about his mentality, get up and get on with it and the first chance you get make sure that person who fouled you knows you are there.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yeah fair points regarding bids being rejected.

He still said that the players are his first picks though so i'm assuming he is happy, it's now a waiting game to see if they come good but early signs are worrying and we have been through enough shite to ignore them.

I think we still need a few more creative players, and I'll be worried if the window closes and it's just Dalcio and Candeias. Even if both play blinders in the weeks leading up to the window closing, you need options and there's no strength in depth in any areas other than the central defence and midfield. (Candeias can also play right wing back, and I assumed he'd play there when Tav is out.) 

I was disappointed Thompson and Hardie weren't involved in the European ties, even if just to give them a run out to see if they could impress. 

Player didn't want to sign new contract so wasn't going to be part of first team future plans. No problem with him being excluded from first team activities in those circumstances. Further, if he was shunned by manager, so what? I'd expect the manager to be paying attention to those that will be part of his plans and see anyone else as an irrelevance.

PC may not have impressed so far but his dealings with a player so obviously disinterested in working with/for him don't really add to that disquiet. McKay wanted away, he got away, his method in achieving that was more troubling than PC allegedly cold-shouldering him. Doubt McKay will be missed, his contributions weren't that weighty.

6 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

Degrees of ineptitude and/or effort? One of the 'banished' doesn't appear to be a responsible adult, let alone a professional footballer.

Well i couldn't possibly answer that but there are plenty rumours about that would suggest so.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Well i couldn't possibly answer that but there are plenty rumours about that would suggest so.

We're used to knowing that the majority of last season's squad are dire, quite what a new manager would think on seeing exactly what he had to work with is sobering. I guess Waghorn and Windass are just further down the list for now.

I'm sure Barrie will survive....

Dont think the methods Pedro is trying to put in place are working though.

The whole thing is just looking like a shambles and we are most likely undervaluing everyone.

As mentioned I wont write off Dalcio yet but getting rid of McKay and bringing him in is looking like a terrible move already and McKay wasn't the most consistent.

36 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

We'd be playing 5 a side? Can only assume they have a better attitude 

Disappointed to see him leave but he would be better now just to shut up and get on with his career. 

The manager (Warburton) who he now speaks so highly about is the one he wouldn't sign a medium-long term contract for two years ago.  That fact makes it pretty clear that who ever was our manager, his intention was to leave sooner rather than later.

19 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

We'd be playing 5 a side? Can only assume they have a better attitude 

Hardly 5 a side, i take the point that we need to make up numbers but i would have Barjonas/Burt/Thompson in for Windass (i know tgey are all slightly different players) and Hardie to be given a shot in place of Waghorn.