McKay - "I wasn't being treated the way any human should be treated"

Gaz52

I am uncertain as to Pedro c's ability as a Manager. But this is a cheap stupid shot from McKay. He had hardly been stuck in a Gulag.and forced into hard labour. Instead he was paid as much money a month as many of his age would be lucky to earn in a couple of years. He was given a great opportunity but wanted more, yet failed to consistently deliver. His sense of entitlement and lack of courage demonstrates that whilst he may have abilities as a footballer, he is no Ranger.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedro gave him enough rope when he came in, showed he wasn't able to perform well enough several times, didn't sign the contract offer he had on the table - getting told you are no longer in the first team picture and to train with the youth squad is a perfectly reasonable end to that.

Coming out with this pish illustrates his victim attitude, same as when he got marked in a game, went in the huff like a petulant child. He can fuck right off!

Just hearing that ISIS members destined for Guantanamo Bay have been diverted to Auchenhowie instead. Head ISIS member Mohammed Al Karashi Bakhtadi was quoted as saying "For the love of Allah, please do not take us to the Auchenhowie Concentration Camp. We are not animals."

I told the story on here before about a pal of mine who done work on his house (might have been out Barrhead way but not entirely sure) quite an ambitious project it was like his own personal 5 aside pitch with nets and astroturf - he came round to start at 6am to get early starts in and the wee prick opened the door more than once looking knackered except he hadn't woke up early to get the door he'd been up all night playing FIFA and then would go to straight into training. Got called a liar. 

I'd be more amazed if it wasn't true as I don't think he applies himself at all. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I told the story on here before about a pal of mine who done work on his house (might have been out Barrhead way but not entirely sure) quite an ambitious project it was like his own personal 5 aside pitch with nets and astroturf - he came round to start at 6am to get early starts in and the wee prick opened the door more than once looking knackered except he hadn't woke up early to get the door he'd been up all night playing FIFA and then would go to straight into training. Got called a liar. 

I'd be more amazed if it wasn't true as I don't think he applies himself at all. 

This doesn't sound any truer now than it did the first time.

Gutted to see you back by the way.

1 hour ago, 1NachoNovo said:

I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that he is willing to keep Waghorn, who is also consistently shite. Waghorn and McKay are 2 peas from the same pod. Get the ball, try to do something, fail and then repeat. I'm completely baffled why Pedro favours one over the other. 

To be fair he can only be accused of 'willing to keep' if he is rejecting offers. A decent offer for Waghorn and he will be gone (imo). 

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I believe it now more than I did at the time 

Won't be the first young Rangers player to have ruined his career through laziness and complacency. Maybe the club aren't doing enough to make sure the young players are doing all the right things off the field?

We appear to be going through two extremes in terms manager's treatment of players.

From Warbs, who man managed McKay by taking him under his wing and defending him after a 5-1 mauling at Celtic Park, calling him outstanding and saying he 'never hid'. (No wonder he's joined him at Forest, bet it will be comfortable for him).

To Caixinha, who seems to have frozen McKay out over a poor work ethic and/or stalled contract talks, banishing him to the u20s until they were resolved, which I assume is what McKay is alluding to.

In my view, it's good that Caixinha exudes authority, and won't take crap, but equally McKay was one of our better talents with age on his side. You have to command player's respect but you also need to make them feel valued. It's a fine balance and I don't think Warbs or Pedro have it right in terms of player management, they are at opposite ends of the spectrum when you need something in between.

Very concerned that Pedro could alienate certain factions of the squad and morale will suffer. I'm hoping he can ship out more of the deadwood but I'd question the handling of McKay.

Anyhow, as much as the Celtic goal was unforgettable, we move on. Unfortunately to Dalcio at the moment - desperately need a couple of stronger attacking options brought in pronto.

In terms of strikers, can't say I'm over-enthused by the quartet of Waggy, Miller, Morelos and Herrera either. It can't be left to Miller to carry the can, the two newbies need to step up but I think we need another out and out forward. We could do worse than Moult. Probably better too but not convinced we have the right scouts/ people to find the right man.

6 minutes ago, FSM said:

Won't be the first young Rangers player to have ruined his career through laziness and complacency. Maybe the club aren't doing enough to make sure the young players are doing all the right things off the field?

I agree with that. Unprofessionalism at the very top filters right down but then guys like Paul Le Guen came and now Pedro with tough measures and regimes and the wee wanks can't handle that either. 

Theres happy mediums probably to be had inbetween Ally McCoist's karaoke's after shock defeats/arse hitting with the ball in training and Pedro's 6am starts and other gobbledegook 

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

5971208802a42_PoorWeeBarrie.thumb.png.b18378f7bb030f5308f21bcabce2472b.png

That looks like tarrier anti-British troops propaganda to be honest (about inhumane acts in Afghan) seen stuff like that from them before and bet my life a tarrier made that.

4 minutes ago, WWTC said:

“I said they will get everything from me. But I told them: ‘If you try and do something the opposite way from what I want, you will see the devil in front of you."

Forgot he said that.....well I guess we know he wasn't bullshitting on that then.

24 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Forgot he said that.....well I guess we know he wasn't bullshitting on that then.

In all seriousness, given our performance last season, is there many players you'd argue a case for? We didnt sign 9 players (so far) for no reason, and i for one agree with it. Whether he gets it right with his new look team is up for debate, but we've not even seen his first 11 yet.

I liked McKay but at the same time it doesn't really bother me he left, when he was up for it he was good to watch and was a great player but sadly he only did this a few times a season. Maybe playing down south will make him a more consistent performer and he will become the player he can be, but good luck to him anyway. As for getting frozen out, if he is not going to sign an extension then I don't see the problem, most employers would rather have someone who is leaving away from the other staff with some employers even giving people full pay just to stay home.

Stupid wee boy that thinks he is a far better player than he actually is. He is just another in a long list of young Scottish players with loads of talent that can't be arsed to reach their full potential. 

Goodbye Barrie you won't be missed, just remember you left the biggest club you will ever play for. 

That article is a brass neck. He comes across as a wee pussy. Says things were bad but doesn't specify how.

He has a load of talent but is 22 has failed to bulk up physically, is clearly emotionally immature and blames everyone for his ills.

He was offered a contract but didn't take it. Tried to hold us to ransom for more money but it failed. So he is off to MW who will tell him he is better than he is, play him regardless of form and tell him he's a superstar.

Pathetic wee boy.

One of the best first touches I've seen at Ibrox but 2 or 3 good games a season isn't enough. 

Got plenty of hugs and love from Warburton and Weir and it'll suit him playing in the Championship for a team that aren't expected to do anything. 

Previously had my best wishes but that comment is pathetic. Fuck off barrie. 

(I'm entirely aware that Barrie McKay couldn't be less interested in having my best wishes or not)

4 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

A player who needed to up his game and show more heart, but in typical taig fashion, he shifts the blame on to others, always the victims.

He had his chance to prove he warranted whatever figure he & his agent were holding out for, and in typical McKay fashioned he turned up twice under Pedro. He's in a routine were the odd goal or assist warrants a pat on the back, rather than it being an expectation; Pedro sussed that out, just like most Rangers fans already had. Honestly, I think Warburton is a horrible manager for him to be playing under during important years of his development. Even if he performs well at Forest, how will he cope when he's playing under someone who expects his wingers to change games on a weekly basis?