McKay - "I wasn't being treated the way any human should be treated"

Gaz52

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final year of his contract and wouldn't sign an extension - so presumably one was offered and from that I would assume he was wanted.  We have had years of threads appearing in RM questioning his attitude and application and when a manager actually does something about it he gets pelters.

And people questioning why he has gone but some of the other duds are still there - it's because no one wants them, not because Pedro does.

A fixture in one of the most timid, weak and disinterested squads we've ever had. Paid more than his returns deserved, of value only for being young and better than the exceptionally useless shit surrounding him.

The human rights angle is the best excuse yet. A new manager finding a team full of half-arsed cowards, trying a novel approach of having first-team players who want to play for us, yet turning up for a few hours a day to work in excellent conditions is some kind of cruel and unusual punishment.

Hope he fails.

If this is who McKay really is I'd boot his baws and send him to play with the kids too. Spoiled wee lassie. I'm a big boy he says while greetin about not getting a hug from his new gaffer. Fair play to Pedro for showing him the door. 

McKay never played his best even for Warburton so using this as a stick to hit Pedro with is ridiculous. We complain about Ally McCoist being too much of a pal and Warburton playing his favs despite one woeful performance after another. I want a manger who shakes it up and demands more 'grown up' attitude. I think our biggest problem these last two seasons has been players living it out in their imaginations that they are superstars without putting in any kind of evidence. Barton, Niko, Garner, Forrester, Wallace, McKay et al.  

In this case I actually have respect for the way Pedro handled things.BM had the offer of a new contract,he didn't sign the new contract and didn't even deserve to have it offered in the first place based on how totally inconsistent he was last season.He could have knuckled down,tried harder to improve his game but chose to do neither.If players are like this then they should be nowhere near the first team squad.

Have same feeling about players that "don't" play for the manager.Think some fans forget that shouldn't matter one bit once that famous strip is put on as they are representing and playing for US!!!God knows how many of us have to work for managers we hate but it's the job we get paid to do.Footballers should be no different.

Too many people make excuses for players.Its football.An easy game to play.They are paid very well for doing it and if for ANY reason they are not playing or trying to the best of their abilities then basically they are taking the piss out of us fans.No ifs no buts.If any player does fall into this category then they are a fucking disgrace to their profession and deserve all that comes their way.

He had his chance to shine and failed.had some good games and scored some crackers for us but has been to often missing in battle.that was even on show with warbs in charge so he can have no complaints.

49 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

So why didn't he sign the contract he was offered? That had fuck all to do with Pedro. He didn't want to play for us - he wanted a significantly improved contract, despite doing fuck all to warrant it. And he called the club's bluff by going to the press about it. 

McKay wasn't being treated unfairly, and his comments just reinforce that he's got a sense of entitlement that his career performances don't warrant. 

McKay not wanting to play under Pedro is absolutely not a nail in his coffin. Especially as McKay only turned up once in a blue moon. 

Just because he didn't sign the first contract he was offered doesn't necessarily  mean he didn't want to stay here.

45 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I believe he is also on record as saying he got his first picks?

That would suggest he fancied Dalcio/Candeis before the likes of Walker and McLean.

He also said he was expecting a few more in, and since then it's only been Dorrans. The players they've brought in were fairly easy deals to conclude as we weren't dealing with Scottish sides. We wouldn't have bid for Walker and McLean if they weren't also on his radar. 

1 hour ago, Frank Harrison said:

Bit of a contradiction there, no?

Not a contradiction but an acknowledgement that a certain type of "tough guy" football manager treat players they fall out with in an appalling manner.

Throwing them out the "big boy" dressing room, making them report at silly hours, making them eat at different times to their mates,removing parking privileges etc. We see it all from this type of so called manager.

It's not man management but is exactly the type of behaviour that in any normal workplace would see a lawsuit for harassment.

Nothing wrong with telling a player he is not wanted but not treating him like shit

14 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I was of the impression there was only one.

Either way the point still stands, he may not have been happy with what he was offered. 

The point doesn't stand though. He turned down numerous offers, even when the club made it clear they weren't offering better terms, and went to the press to call our bluff. That isn't the conduct of someone who wanted to stay here, and it was going on when Warburton was here too.

McKay did absolutely nothing to warrant being one of our top earners, and if he thinks he was good enough for a lucrative contract, then I'm glad Pedro water boarded him. In hindsight, Warburton's digs at Jock Wallace should have been more of a red flag than they were, given how coddled players like McKay, Windass etc seem to be. 

41 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's a team game; this guy has came from Accrington Stanley and you credit him with getting Rangers knocked out of Europe the following season? I'm not buying that. He might not be good enough, maybe he can get better, but this is the whole team, not just him. I never saw that tweet, but no way am I going to even try and defend that.

I wasn't solely blaming him but he was at part fault for both goals.

Far too slow to close his man down for the first and giving the free kick away for the second by trying to get a carry coal bag from his opponent.

That's individual errors he is accountable for, he has had a year at Rangers from Accrington Stanley so he should know the demands by now.

Now Bates and Fod also were to blame but i seen enough of this guy last year to have the opinion that he would never be good enough, if Pedro thinks he is then fair enough, we will see what happens then.

29 minutes ago, OhW said:

I'm almost certain he didn't mean that his human rights had been violated in a legal sense.

Poor choice of words from a thick footballer. even if he had just said "person" it wouldn't seem as ridiculous.

You're right, of course. Somebody will have mentioned the word enough times for it to stick and have him parrot it.

Just once it would be good to have a player with more than dribble for brains to appreciate he got the move and money that he wanted, suck up any ill-feeling about people he didn't get on with, give out nothing but positive platitudes about Rangers for the ten minutes of an interview.