22 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Aye I'm on meth because I'm questioning why a player that's been training with us for weeks looks well off the pace.

Maybe he's still settling but IMO actually giving him more game time in these friendlies might actually help him instead of restricting him to a wee cameo.

I didn't think he looked off the pace at all. The couple of times he got on the ball he looked fine and the rest of the time he was moving about and getting into decent positions, just no-one passed to him 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Give the lad a chance before he is seriously judge. As the top priced transfer we will want a decent return but for now lets let him get on with learning to play with his new squad. I think he will be a good purchase and fingers crossed he's a bigger part of the Rangers puzzle for this season! 

19 international caps for Mexico.   The most expensive summer signing the Manager has made.   He's clearly rated highly by the Manager.    But for some reason he's not been let loose to any meaningful extent in games so far to show what he can do.  

Is it that his fitness needs to be upped?  Is it a language barrier?    Or is he so good that live Alves he'll slot easily into the team and he become a bit of secret weapon - a box to box dynamic bull of a footballer or something like that - the Manager unleashes on an unsuspecting SPFL when the season gets going.      

9 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

19 international caps for Mexico.   The most expensive summer signing the Manager has made.   He's clearly rated highly by the Manager.    But for some reason he's not been let loose to any meaningful extent in games so far to show what he can do.  

Is it that his fitness needs to be upped?  Is it a language barrier?    Or is he so good that live Alves he'll slot easily into the team and he become a bit of secret weapon - a box to box dynamic bull of a footballer or something like that - the Manager unleashes on an unsuspecting SPFL when the season gets going.      

Aye, we're gonna nuke they smelly bastards in September ......:bangbang:

On 7/22/2017 at 10:00 AM, onefootwillie said:

Give him a break he is on for 20 min . He is a big tall guy and I would guess after 5-6 games we will see him at his best. Glad we have a much more physical presence in the team now. 

Yep, he didn't break someone's leg and score s hat-trick in the first five minutes, overweight piece of shite that he is.  

some absolute fukking roasters on RM and getting worse M8.

Unlike our journey through the divisions and the Warburton years this team is not going to be bullied by anyone, back to the Rangers way.  

On 22/07/2017 at 6:27 PM, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I do see your point but there's fitness and then there's match fitness, if he's not match fit then I'd rather throw him into the friendlies and let him try and find his feet or we could end up with him getting "thrown to the wolves" in competitive games and he'll be judged far more harshly in those ones.

I agree, we already know how much we can expect from Jack, Dorrans and Kranjcar but we know nothing of Pena who we have spent a fair bit of Money on.

24 minutes ago, Smile said:

I agree, we already know how much we can expect from Jack, Dorrans and Kranjcar but we know nothing of Pena who we have spent a fair bit of Money on.

I suspect he'll get more game time in the next 2 friendlies.

53 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Time will tell, but for anyone to write him off so soon is ridiculous!

Look at Clint Hill last season, most had him wrote off before he even kicked a ball and he was one of our best players come the end of the season. Just using him as an example 

Just now, LoyalRanger86 said:

Look at Clint Hill last season, most had him wrote off before he even kicked a ball and he was one of our best players come the end of the season. Just using him as an example 

Great example. We already know that Pena was highly regarded in Mexico, at one time, so he must have something about him. 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Great example. We already know that Pena was highly regarded in Mexico, at one time, so he must have something about him. 

How he will be remembered for his time here is down to him and I'm confident all the guys that have been brought in can do a good enough job for us. 

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I wasn't writing him off. It was a genuine question.

I see plenty in the thread have got the wrong impression and dived in though :lol:

I wasn't referring to you in particular; I also think I saw Cardoso being written off on another thread, which is a little more incredible. We are a hard lot to please at times, but some perspective wouldn't go amiss.