Foderingham

WGOH

Didn't do much at all today, but made a couple of great saves and commanded his area really well.

That save when the boy was offside was genuinely sensational. Best keeper in Scotland easily. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Looks to benefit from having a real defensè in front of him, Bruno and Cardoso versus Kiernan and Wilson

I think having someone like Bruno Alves infront of him helps him massively, just by watching him.

Guest Lloyd72

His distribution seems to have improved greatly, against Marseille he had 3/4 times where he volleyed the ball long with pinpoint accuracy

Really good goalkeeper we have always had that at rangers ( ok apart from last few years ) but he's solid Keeper. He struggled to command his box in past but with a new back 4 With experience he will learn more and also a new goalkeeping coach will have changed his game.

There was a thread on here the other day about how shite he was and we should accept a good bid and play Alnwick instead.  Now he's a great keeper and Windass is amazing too.  It's hard to keep up on here at times.  I suppose you're only as good as your last game.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

:lol: just :lol:

Gordon is a solid keeper but beyond that who is better than Foderingham?  I think Foderingham is undoubtedly one of the best in the country (which isn't hard). 

55 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

His distribution seems to have improved greatly, against Marseille he had 3/4 times where he volleyed the ball long with pinpoint accuracy

He's always done this well. Which was frustrating when Warburton forced him to slow it down and pass short

43 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Always said he's a good keeper that just needed a solid defence in front of him.

Anyone that blames him for last seasons results is an absolute moron 

Can only thank him for some results last season, far from ideal, but some of they draws and narrow wins could easily have been defeats if there was a less capable keeper between the sticks.

As others have said, having 2 solid defenders in front of him, one of which is genuinely world class, can only be a good thing, and takes some of the pressure off if him.

That said would like to see Alnwick play in the league cup, no point in having him here if we won't play him.

Couple of fantastic point-blank saves. That's what he's good at.

He's a good goalkeeper, I've always said it, but he costs us some stupid goals which if he could cut out he could be one of the best in the UK.

2 mistakes he made yesterday, both within minutes. Put a ball out to the left and it went over Wallace's head then exact same to the opposite side. 

The rest of the game his performance was immaculate, more of the same please. And I think he will command his area well this year, fine tuning is fine with me, you can see visible improvement year after year which is only a good thing. He has still to hit his prime too. 

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

People love to blame someone for this and that, and a keeper is an easy target to make a scapegoat out of... added to the fact he's black, well - he just cant win - no matter how good he is.

You must be at the wind up with that statement. 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Gordon is a solid keeper but beyond that who is better than Foderingham?  I think Foderingham is undoubtedly one of the best in the country (which isn't hard). 

Thats not my point, my point is that in a heap of shite keepers it's not saying much to be top of that heap. He's an average keeper but in Scotland looks good cos the others are so fucking shite

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

People love to blame someone for this and that, and a keeper is an easy target to make a scapegoat out of... added to the fact he's black, well - he just cant win - no matter how good he is.

Don't think I have heard one single derogatory comment on here about him being black. 

So what the fuck you slevering about?