Foderingham

WGOH

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He seems to have a confidence about him in the past couple of games, he looks to be more assured, bringing in the experience at the back looks to have helped. If he continues the way he's improving he'll do fine. Ok, as a goalkeeper any mistake, (and he will make one or two), he does make will be highlighted, as at Rangers we are used to having good goalkeepers and can be quite critical of them at times, but he's only 26 and hopefully his best years are ahead of him.

11 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Thats not my point, my point is that in a heap of shite keepers it's not saying much to be top of that heap. He's an average keeper but in Scotland looks good cos the others are so fucking shite

He only needs to be better than the rest of the shite.  If we can have a player like that in every position we'll easily beat every team out width Celtic. 

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Not his biggest fan but he has definitely looked a bit more at ease with the new defence in front of him.

One of the many things I have noted about our new team / defence is that our defenders play the ball forward and don't put Wes under unnecessary pressure.

Alves always looks for the long pass, and our 2 holding midfielders give Cardoso an easy option. 

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He only needs to be better than the rest of the shite.  If we can have a player like that in every position we'll easily beat every team out width Celtic. 

Imo he's not good enough and it's beating the scum that is the aim who wants to be second best? 

We need to reset our standards to a higher level of player and expectation. 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Couple of fantastic point-blank saves. That's what he's good at.

He's a good goalkeeper, I've always said it, but he costs us some stupid goals which if he could cut out he could be one of the best in the UK.

24 when he joined and 26 now, developing really well

I think in the next few years you'll see less and less of those mistakes from him, even in the time he's been with us the frequency of these errors is falling.  

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There was a thread on here the other day about how shite he was and we should accept a good bid and play Alnwick instead.  Now he's a great keeper and Windass is amazing too.  It's hard to keep up on here at times.  I suppose you're only as good as your last game.

I'm a fan of Big Wes but I know plenty of folk who don't rate him at all

16 hours ago, WGOH said:

Didn't do much at all today, but made a couple of great saves and commanded his area really well.

That save when the boy was offside was genuinely sensational. Best keeper in Scotland easily. 

It was a couple of really good saves. I like the guy and with the new defence in front of him, he should concede even less. As a negative though, I always wanted him to come out more to deal with cross balls/corners. A good solid keeper though IMO. 

16 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Looks to benefit from having a real defensè in front of him, Bruno and Cardoso versus Kiernan and Wilson

It helps big time to have someone good at one on one situations but I've always firmly stood by and believed that a keeper is strongly dependent on having a good defence in front of him and that is often a telling difference to how a keeper performs. Sadly last season was an eye sore so we should see a lot better from him this season!

16 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

It is clear he is a very good keeper. 

I dread to think how worse our stats would have been last season if it weren't for him. 

we wouldnt have been beaten 5-1 by the tarriers at home thats for sure

we'd have been in the bottom 6 and missed that game :lol:

13 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There was a thread on here the other day about how shite he was and we should accept a good bid and play Alnwick instead.  Now he's a great keeper and Windass is amazing too.  It's hard to keep up on here at times.  I suppose you're only as good as your last game.

This is so true. People on her lauding Windass as well yesterday, very short memories. 

8 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Imo he's not good enough and it's beating the scum that is the aim who wants to be second best? 

We need to reset our standards to a higher level of player and expectation. 

If your suggesting we go out and sign better players than Celtic I don't think we have the money for it.  What money we do have would be better spent on wide creative players rather than a new Keeper.  We were 39 points behind Celtic last season and finished 3rd so a title win this season is unlikely.  I think a more realistic target for this season is to get 2nd and finish within 10 points of Celtic.  That would see us established as the best of the rest, closed the gap on Celtic by around 30pts, and put down a solid foundation for a title push the year after. I would hope for a cup win on top of that but and getting back to Winning ways.

On 31/07/2017 at 7:04 AM, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

That's because the majority on here don't have a fucking clue and offer knee jerk reactions and opinions based on emotion rather than fact and logic. 

I like Fodders and hopefully we will see a good season from him as he has quaility in front of him now. I think last season he was left in the lurch lots of times last season by the 2 in front of him.