Miller And Kranjcar

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller and Nico are not first team starters anymore- their time is almost up.

that said, I've seen a lot, lot worse than them play for us as recently as the end of last season. I'll repeat their time as first picks are up now but you need to question the sanity of who picks them.

11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Aye, well, we don't have that Niko.  

Niko looked our best player during pre-season.  For some reason he just hasn't carried that through to the competitive season.  He's frustrating to say the least but Pena's coming in now so the manager will have options. 

4 hours ago, Blackandra said:

It's a shame to see Kenny going down hill so quick this season. The bit that stood out for me was when he picked up the ball on the left cut into the middle, went past a man then passed it straight to one of their players which ended up with Dundee nearly getting a chance on our goal. The other was his missed chance near the start. Why did he not hit it first time. Think this season is 1 too far for him. 

That was horrendous, he had all the time in the world to make the pass and completely fucked it 

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Pretty barren last season, at least there's consistency with how he's started this term.

Missing so many opportunities is wrong - that's the role of a striker.

That you can't see that, or refuse to as you believe any form of criticism of your selected favourites is treachery, is pathetic.

I don't reject criticism - I reject the witch hunt it has become - guys like yourself never see positives only perceived negatives and then get all humpy when some disagree. You look at his age not his contribution. 

5 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I don't reject criticism - I reject the witch hunt it has become - guys like yourself never see positives only perceived negatives and then get all humpy when some disagree. You look at his age not his contribution. 

I agree with a SNP supporter :confused:, leave the witch hunt out. Been a great servant for us on all 3 occasions.  And how man you did Ally miss just to pop up at the right time to smash us a winner ? 

Miller has been playing the same way he usually plays. It's just that all around him has been vastly improved therefore he now is standing out as a weak link  

He can't start games from now imo

Niko is a great impact sub and should be brought on when a bus has been parked 

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You are on a moral crusade to defend his age.

I think it is a factor, but I keep harping on about positive contributions of player's, not ages. I challenge you to find otherwise.

Almost every week I ask at the end of the game what positive impact Miller has made. What significant involvement has he had as a striker and an alleged captain-on-the-park. 

And every week I'm scratching for more than a pass that nearly came off or won a header. What I do find is him throwing a tantrum or moaning at others, pointing at others to do his work, breaking down moves etc.

I'm as critical of Bates as I am Miller. I loved Clint hill and on the whole like Alves. So how does that fit into your ageism theory?

Miller has played more outfield minutes than any other I reckon. Has he been motm? Had he been our best forward? Has he justified a jersey? - according to you that doesn't matter as he's part of a winning team. Bonkers.

You say you don't reject criticism. Yet you never give it. You would have more credibility if you did. It's not always a negative you know. But not once can I recall you posting criticism of player's when they blatantly deserve it.

A bit similar to your defence of McCoist, and then absence from posting for a while when he failed us rather than admit you were wrong and backed the wrong horse.

And now you are using age to defend unacceptable footballing performance, even though as above it makes no logic. 

Mental. But then so is giving pass marks to a striker who finds space but fucks every chance.

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

I agree with a SNP supporter :confused:, leave the witch hunt out. Been a great servant for us on all 3 occasions.  And how man you did Ally miss just to pop up at the right time to smash us a winner ? 

What was McCoists scoring record whilst missing his chances or only popping up with his last minute winners?

For how shite we were last season Miller still wasn't top scorer. He has been outshone by a kid. We are in September and he's on the same tally as our full back. 

When almost everyone sees the same thing it's normally the case. It's only a witch hunt if you are defending the indefensible.

I said he would be a sub and I would bring him on late on when needing something as he is fresh and maybe has lost a yard but he would still get us the odd vital goal.. He is never a starter, I went mental when he missed the sitter in the second half , he should have rattled the fucking back of the net but he choose to bloody place it. 

Kranjcar is overall the worst player in the squad. No exaggeration. He will cost us points on his own. I think i must be insane or something, no one i speak to at the games or on here seems to see how bad he actually is. Point in case that 3 vs 1 we had yesterday - any other team in the league would have scored. We didn't, because we have that fat old cunt who had to give the ball wide to Morelos half an hour early because he can't run :megaanguish:

Miller needs pulled from the firing line. He's killing us right now, and the worst part is he's experienced and intellegent enough to know it himself. Give Pena and Windass a run. For me, Miller could easily come on later on and grab a couple of important goals later on in the season. It tends to go over night at his age though, and there's definitely signs to say it's went for him. Maybe last season and he second half of the season in the championship was his last stand. We'll see, but aye, for now he needs dropped immediately. 

The two that replaced them should be starting in front of them from now on.

Windass scored 1 made 1, pacey and a take on against the fullback.

Pena contributed more than miller by scoring 1 albeit offering the same kinda touch/passing that Miller does.

Also we need guys who can last from the first whistle to the last, don't understand why we have these 50-60 minute men starting games, I would understand if we were starting lots of younger inexperienced players, then a bit of experience is needed, to talk them through it etc.

Only Pedro knows the motives, mist of us are baffled though.:dunno:

6 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

The two that replaced them should be starting in front of them from now on.

Windass scored 1 made 1, pacey and a take on against the fullback.

Pena contributed more than miller by scoring 1 albeit offering the same kinda touch/passing that Miller does.

Also we need guys who can last from the first whistle to the last, don't understand why we have these 50-60 minute men starting games, I would understand if we were starting lots of younger inexperienced players, then a bit of experience is needed, to talk them through it etc.

Only Pedro knows the motives, mist of us are baffled though.:dunno:

Nah that's only cos Miller and niko stretched them, grafted, tired them out and wore them down. ??

15 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Miller had 3-4 chances so was obviously getting into good positions and set up the crucial first goal - niko was making things happen and stretching and tiring out Dundee - was it perfect by neither, no - but it was not the car crash many on here imply either. 

Miller played the ball into the player who assisted and who set up the opener.

3 hours ago, dan_ger said:

Is Nico just back from injury, I've missed the last few games?

Result looked good, so surprised to see this many complaints. 

Na, he's just shite.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Miller has been playing the same way he usually plays. It's just that all around him has been vastly improved therefore he now is standing out as a weak link  

He can't start games from now imo

Niko is a great impact sub and should be brought on when a bus has been parked 

Worked great against Hearts.

Miller is doing my head right in this season, can't fault the guy for his effort and desire over the years but he has ideas much above his station to the player he believes he is.

Dropping back, stifling Dorrans in particular imo, demanding the ball then doing absolutely nothing with it.

Stay up front and link with el Buffalo and let the midfield do their job, when he did this yesterday he linked with Alfredo/Candeias and boom its a goal.

Someone desribed him on here before as being like an old dog you don't want to put down but is clearly struggling, never been a more apt description.

We have no room for sentiment in this team if we want to challenge the beggars.

That said, i still think he could do a job coming off the bench.

Don't think either should start next game.They certainly both have something to offer coming off the bench if things need changed but having them in our starting line up holds our play and tempo up on so many occasions.If only Miller could have Nikos vision and skill and Niko have Millers stamina and desire then by God what a pair they would be!

Kranjkar was quite effective for the first 15/20 mins, he made a 70 /80 yard run to get on the end of a breakaway and was more or less finished quite soon after that. I would much prefer to see him as a last 15 min sub when a game is stretched and let him find the space.

I am glad we won yesterday , or everyone in the team would be getting it. 

Niko and Kenny were not at their best but contributed in a victory for us, but for some of our experts say they should never play again for us. 

If PC thinks they should play , they play, 

Thats good enough for me.