Gaffbear

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I thought Dorrans and Alves would be great signings for us but they've not done as well as I would have expected.

Cardoso is pish though IMO ... I know he's young and still settling in but he's no different to a Karl Svensson for example. 

Part of me wonders if it's the players who aren't up to it or if it's purely caixinha and his tactics not getting the best out of them.

As mentioned when Walter came in after plg we saw a marked improvement from almost everybody.

I mind when we signed svensson I thought we had a top young European centre back destined for big things...

6 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

He should have never signed Pena or Herrera. Dalcio John and the man city boy on loan are jokes. Got question marks over cardoso, dorrans and alves too. 

The other issue is why he has spent so much on them and not addressed the left wing situation. Why do we not have a midfielder who bursts into the box to support the strikers.

Why is josh windass still here.

Herrera hasn't been given a chance, and Dalcio and John are loan players as cover. 

I will give you Spiceboy Windass, also Alves isn't half the player I thought he was

But you've got to ask with a real budget to replace the team we lost would any of those players be here  

Just now, stewaj3 said:

Part of me wonders if it's the players who aren't up to it or if it's purely caixinha and his tactics not getting the best out of them.

As mentioned when Walter came in after plg we saw a marked improvement from almost everybody.

I mind when we signed svensson I thought we had a top young European centre back destined for big things...

I honestly think a better manager similar to Walter coming back and taking over from Le Guen would get a reaction from most of these players and get the consistent wins that we need. Feel very strongly about that, actually. 

Folk banging on about Alves being some hero make me cringe. He's done fuck all since coming he's been a ghost.

Just shows that all you need for some of our fans to blindly love you is have a famous name. It's not like you have to prove yourself or anything

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Herrera hasn't been given a chance, and Dalcio and John are loan players as cover. 

I will give you Spiceboy Windass, also Alves isn't half the player I thought he was

But you've got to ask with a real budget to replace the team we lost would any of those players be here  

IMO yes.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What defence??

Hes failed to get our defence to defend and his blindspot for Miller will get him the sack. 

But I don't honestly think another manager is going to get that team playing much better. So I don't see what changing the manager at this point is going to achieve. 

I agree as much as I want him gone  the blame lies with the board and investments or lack of within the club.  It's okay thou it only ST money that we all put in yet again only to be wasted. 

Why are those who King promised the world too not demanding answers now?  If this was the last board all hell would be breaking loose 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I'll go further, the decision to let McKay go i agreed with, to not sign a replacement is absolutley moronic!

Letting McKay go was a huge mistake, and I will never change my mind on that. I actually get sick of hearing " they don't even try" etc etc towards the players. That is just rubbish, but it seems to be the  cool thing to say these days. If you are a player and you were to read the comments on here would it give you confidence or not; obviously it wouldn't. And then you get the comments saying that they get paid enough to rise above negative comments; this is utter rubbish as well as what a player earns has absolutely nothing to do with confidence. 

1 hour ago, Gaffbear said:

What a fuckin meltdown after drawing away from home 

Facts are we dominated and they should have been down to 10.first half .

We played nice football and attacked well in the first half . Lost our left back after 11 minutes and jack struggled second half after nearly getting his leg broken .

The free kick they got was stupid but second goal was our defence switching off .

We battered them while they parked the bus for 30 minutes 

It wasn't ideal but you'd think we'd lost  3.0 . There has been vast improvements this season .

Cardosso and alves will gel . Jack and doreans look 10 times halliday and Barton.

Candeias looks a player and Tav is attacking.brilliantly and we now have a goal a game striker . Sure we have frailties but unlike the child abusers weve not had £90m in CL money 

I agree but the performance wasn't good enough and we should have won that. 

The meltdown is because we want a bit of consistency but can't seem to get it 

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He's never had a chance because of the failure to drop Miller

Agreed regarding Miller but I don't think he is that good a target man, Miller is finished butbthats how bad we are

I would have kept Garner , signed Stevie May for £300,000  and signed Morelos, The problem now Herrera and many have is the clock is ticking 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This is where you're missing the point, though.

It's his team. If you admit yourself that he can't get HIS TEAM playing much better, then surely that means he's failed and his position is untenable?

Forget Miller for a minute.

I think he's got things wrong just like any manager. But sacking him won't suddenly make us world beaters. 

I wouldn't say we are playing terrible football either, we do seem to switch off during the 90 mins which he needs to fix. 

All Im saying is he is our manager and until the end of the season changing him won't make any difference, if he goes in the summer any new manager will need far money than we spent this summer

11 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

There is no way to spin it, we have won 3 games out of 6 and have still not met a top 6 team.   

Yeah but some try to spin it by referring to how bad we were before, seems like one of the biggest cop outs of Rangers fans these days. Trying to polish a turd by saying at least it's not as bad as the last one

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You really think with double the budget he would've bought the same players??

We will have to disagree on that one mate. 

Well within reason. Obviously if he's getting tens of millions some of them wouldn't be here but even at double the budget, I honestly think most of them would still be here.

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Agreed regarding Miller but I don't think he is that good a target man, Miller is finished butbthats how bad we are

I would have kept Garner , signed Stevie May for £300,000  and signed Morelos, The problem now Herrera and many have is the clock is ticking 

Garner was never going to score goals for us. We will have to disagree on Stevie May. 

I agree they need to start playing better. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Well within reason. Obviously if he's getting tens of millions some of them wouldn't be here but even at double the budget, I honestly think most of them would still be here.

I don't think Alves or Herrera would be here, unfortunately I think he would've still bought Pena

Sick and fed up of falling every fucking time there's a chink of light starting to appear. Galling.

This team and the past two teams before just cannot cope with a team swarming them and pressing hard against them. Any team that shows committment and belief, throws ten men behind the ball, will stand a good chance against us. Seen it so many times since 2012. It's an easy tactic for the opposition to use, we just can't handle it. It's probably a mental thing as there is ability there. We're just so damn predictable.

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I honestly think a better manager similar to Walter coming back and taking over from Le Guen would get a reaction from most of these players and get the consistent wins that we need. Feel very strongly about that, actually. 

Agreed, no idea who that is but i reckon a change is needed. Don't want one of these wishy washy managers, someone who can come in and get results.

28 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If you had your way we'd still be rebuilding under McCoist in the lower leagues.

What you say has some merit if we are actually getting better. I don't think we are. We've spent some money and are better man for man in the starting XI than we were last season (I suppose that's progress) but the results are the same. The chances of winning the league are the same and the only way we will win a trophy is if someone get's lucky and puts the tarriers out. 

Overall we aren't in a better position at all.

With so many changes bending in takes time 6-9 months according to some managers ( I know in FIFA 18 it's not a factor) - we play the ball more direct , we have more fight, more goals . Some people have become hooked on moaning and negativity and are so desperate for success that they want the team and club to do the very thing that will make sure we fail - chop and change all the time. I know patience does not come easy to many but patience is required. 

4 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I think the players have got off lightly due to the focus on Pedro.

They blow hot and cold and that inconsistency is killing us.

The centre halves stroll it then fuck up with school boy errors for instances.

In a good few games our play has been cracking then we capitulate. Is it leadership or bottle rather than ability?

That said the continued selection of Miller will cause Pedro his job. 2 goals and an assist all season, and so little more in terms of contribution, we are a man down each game.

At a slight tangent, I think Pedro prioritised reasonably well with the areas of the pitch needing strengthening. I think more was needed but to do it all would be too much for one window. But I think he's likely thought he could rely on several players he inherited including Miller niko and Wallace. And with those 3 I think he's erred. 

I think there's signs of improvement on the whole but also that if he got sacked tomorrow it wouldn't be unjust.

But whoever comes in would have to fire a rocket up the arses of this lot who just aren't doing enough individually or collectively every game for a full 90 minutes.

But yeah, the players really do have a lot to answer for. I'm seeing too many 5 or 6 out of 10 performances than 8 or 9.