• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Rangers captain before my time.

Absolute knob as far as I'm concerned.

He was a good captain imo for both us and England.

Comes across as a pessimistic cunt towards us now.

Football punditry clearly isn't for him.

Said it before, he needs replaced in the Greatest Ever Team.

Jock Tiger Shaw, Bobby Shearer, Eric Caldow, Willie Woodburn, Derek Johnstone, David Weir, Lorenzo Amoruso, Lee Wallace. Even Bougherra has more of a claim to be part of it these days, and I've no doubt missed many. He has become worse than a tarrier.

Missed what he said due the the usual boozer rabble, but imo with ex players commentating on their ex team ain't gonna go down well, theyre too para about going down as a supporter and end up coming across as the opposite to try to be neutral, could be wrong but I've seen it before

If it was up to me I would remove Conn, Butcher, McCoist and Weir from the list not because of their playing career with Rangers but because of what I consider anti-Rangers actions in some shape or form.  

I had a quick look at the list of names on the HoF and didn't realise Ally Dawson was on it.  No harm to Dawson but he should not be on that list.  

One name that I would add though is Neil McCann.

11 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

If it was up to me I would remove Conn, Butcher, McCoist and Weir from the list not because of their playing career with Rangers but because of what I consider anti-Rangers actions in some shape or form.  

I had a quick look at the list of names on the HoF and didn't realise Ally Dawson was on it.  No harm to Dawson but he should not be on that list.  

One name that I would add though is Neil McCann.

It's saddening to say the least. Could you have ever imagined in the past that you would one day find yourself thinking remove McCoist, Butcher and Weir. Grim.  

1 hour ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Butcher, Weir & Conn should be scratched from our HOF.

I can't bring myself to scratch Weir for some reason :lol: 

That 2010/11 season is probably my favourite ever, but on reflection some amount of arseholes - McGregor, Weir, Whittaker, Lafferty, Naismith, Davis. 

It's really sad because that season was for me one of the best ever. I balled my eyes out watching the Killie game on TV.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Destroys me to say it but get him to fuck from our hall of fame.

We should have a purge. Alfie Conn an aw.

Alfie Conn was a major part of our ECWC team and played a crucial role in more than one cup final against them, that in itself earns him the right to be there.  So as much as he should never have joined them, never forget his achievements as they outweigh his flaw. 

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Alfie Conn was a major part of our ECWC team and played a crucial role in more than one cup final against them, that in itself earns him the right to be there.  So as much as he should never have joined them, never forget his achievements as they outweigh his flaw. 

I still like watching the 50/50 studs up challenge on whoever was in goal for them in the 73 final for the goal :UK: 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I still like watching the 50/50 studs up challenge on whoever was in goal for them in the 73 final for the goal :UK: 

Ally Hunter IIRC, that was a great day out, even Princess Alexandra resplendent in her blue coat and white gloves arriving in Lesser Hampden by Helicopter. 

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Ally Hunter IIRC, that was a great day out, even Princess Alexandra resplendent in her blue coat and white gloves arriving in Lesser Hampden by Helicopter. 

My old man was at the game, he would have been 20. I was still more than a decade away :lol: 

Love John Greig's story about spitting on, and wiping his hands on his shirt so he could greet the Princess.

5 hours ago, DietofWorms said:

Sutton actually speaks more sense than Butcher about the game and Rangers....and I fucking hate Sutton.

I agree, and thought that if you never knew which one of them was an ex scum player, and which one of them played for, and captained, the Mighty Glasgow Rangers, you'd have put money on Sutton.

Butcher sits in that commentary box, and moans, bitches, and whines, his way through games about Rangers.

Is he bitter about something to do with the club? Is he unhappy that he wasn't even in the running for the managers job, at any time?