Jamie Walker says he could get a ‘bigger club than Rangers’

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why would a massive Rangers fan say the club aren't the be all and end all? 

If I was a footballer there'd only ever be one team I'd want to play for.. 

But if the club don’t come for you life goes on, what’s he supposed to do cut his throat ?

47 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The above quotes are what he actually said and remove the typical slant of the journo which is as always negative towards us.

Typical DR article. Would have thought folk would have learned by now.

You'll have Brackley blue nose in here perving again with that sort of talk:lol:

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Be patient. 

Why would we pay £1m+ for him when  we could land him for nothing in a few months time? 

Exactly, some just like to jump the gun and all because of quotes written in the DR, He’s only saying if it doesn’t happen life goes on and he’ll work hard to maybe get a better move, anything’s better than hertz I suppose.

45 minutes ago, shaka said:

Might be just my reading of it but it sounds like he's preparing himself for Rangers not coming in for him and possibly going for someone else instead (Lewis Morgan) so he's putting himself on the market for other teams...

Who the fuck is lewis Morgan?

This is why modern football is fucked, too bit players thinkingnthey are superstars.  Go find a bigger club as at your age and from what I have saw of you.  You should be flattered we are interested in you but we can all see what you are all about now. 

Lets hope Ramgers drop all interest as your agent seems to be turning your head and we don't need this sort of attitude anywhere near Ibrox 

I am with the majority here in not really caring if we sign him now. His form seems pish.

This does however make me realise just how fickle clubs and fans can be. I can see why a player really should never pass up signing for one club on the understanding that another club will come in for them in six months.

Scott Allen is an extreme example of this, imagine he had passed up £6k a week for 3 years and then had lost form and we never went in for him.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still boo the judus cunt, but I do have some understanding.

25 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why would a massive Rangers fan say the club aren't the be all and end all? 

If I was a footballer there'd only ever be one team I'd want to play for.. 

That's not how it works now, they have an agent and they go where the most money is regardless if they don't kick a ball for the next 3 years.

This is why football is fucked, two bit no marks who actually think they are superstars. 

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I am with the majority here in not really caring if we sign him now. His form seems pish.

This does however make me realise just how fickle clubs and fans can be. I can see why a player really should never pass up signing for one club on the understanding that another club will come in for them in six months.

Scott Allen is an extreme example of this, imagine he had passed up £6k a week for 3 years and then had lost form and we never went in for him.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still boo the judus cunt, but I do have some understanding.

He should have sat tight and signed a pre contract with us, he would have still been at at Ibrox but his agent again gave the boy bad advice. 

If that was my son the agent would have been sacked, he would have be told make the move happen now or in 6 months  when his contract is up. He would have began his career here with the fans 100% behind him , but he can regret never playing for the Rangers and that would kill me if I had the chance to play for us but fucked it myself.

1 hour ago, Detroit Lion said:

If we wanted him, we would have got him.

Can’t see much wrong with what he says, he’s coming out of contract and has to consider any offers.

I agree. He wont have a contract come the summer and can't sit around assuming we will sign him. He has to put his name around a bit which is probably why he did this interview. He's right in that we knew what we had to do to get him...pay £1m. I'm glad we didn't as he isn't worth that with only a few months left on a contract!

Our alleged chase of him is embarrassing any way, he isn't good enough for where we need to be as a club. He has serious delusions of grandeur. Levein has apparently been spoon feeding him this crap. End all interest officially by signing up someone far better, more befitting our club and it's needs. This cunt is pish. 

There is absolutely 2 sides to this ..

There was plenty of talk from us regards signing the lad, plenty for the lad to think a sufficient bid was coming so he became intransigent when dealing with his club. 

However, the lad only has one year left on his deal & we should not be paying anywhere near £1m for a guy who isn't even an international, the time of RFC being held to ransom because we are RFC has to come to an end.

Also, for those saying "he's not good enough" I would say it's about increments. Our target right now is winning Prem & he is certainly good enough to help us with that, he is a better player, IMO, that Windass so will therefore improve our squad. Like a few other Prem targets I.e. Moult they will improve on players in our squad . 

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

His comments are not good and maybe he shouldn't have said them but I also agree that he needs to put himself on the market because it's Pedro who wants him and he maybe thinks Pedro will be gone by January 

That prick Levein is brainwashing him into thinking he is better than he is and can do better than us to try and get a performance or run of good form out of him. It's so transparent.