Next Manager Poll

Amato

Next Manager  

528 members have voted

1. 1. From the names mentioned, who do you hope we appoint as the next manager?

2. 2. And who do you think it will be?

• Billy Davies
    • Alex Mcleish
    • Frank de Boer
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Tommy Wright
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Michael O'Neill
    • Kenny Miller
    • Dougie Freedman
    • Alan Irvine
    • Alan Pardew
    • Graeme Murty
    • Walter Smith
    • Dick Advocaat
    • Gio Van Bronckhorst
    • Sir Alex Ferguson
    • Jim Duffy
    • Steve Clarke
    • Other (say who. No "Mourinho" or "Pep" jokes.

2 hours ago, Blueenose said:

Murty is the man for me. Most of of those are unrealistic options anyway. 

Id bring Murty in and have miller as his number two. Murty took the tarriers on at the Harris dome and had us playing some brilliant stuff during his short tenure 

Naw he never. Watch the games back. Eejit.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Other!

@K.A.I I find the above list uninspiring - whoever it is kinda needs to understand Scottish football - have experience - and as I know no one really abroad, the name that sprang to mind was Alex Neil - did well at Hamilton , mixed bag at Norwich - currently at Preston. 

No.

Heard a bit of Barry on the radio slagging off the foreign contingent conveniently glossing over our shit and underperforming British players. Seem to be a lot of pundits who are churning that one out.

I don't care who we get on or off the pitch as long as they're good. An insight to the British/Scottish game would be advantageous but I couldn't give a fuck where they're from.

1 hour ago, trueblueal said:

I think the man with the most impressive record is Michel Pruedhomme. He's well respected across Europe and has done it in Belgium, Holland and Austria. He's never really had a failure and rejected the Belgium job only last year. Here's a link which gives a little bit of background...

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/belgium/story/2913957/michel-preudhomme-rejects-links-to-belgium-managers-job

Interesting option. Has he left Club Brugge?

Mibee I'm over tired but with Allan supposedly going to be hands on with the next appointment then mibee the big quiet gentleman Pelligrini might be an outside shout..??..

Of course he might want some cash to splash come January that this Board will baulk at..

Not sure if anyone else has suggested this and don't have time (OK - can't be arsed) reading through 6 pages to check - but my recommendation would be to go for Guus Hiddink.  Definitely worth an enquiry from the club, IMO. One of the best managers I've ever seen and the Australian national side rumoured to be chasing him as the current coach is looking as stable as the unfortunate Pedro over the last few weeks. 

McIness, Davies, or Moyes are the only ones who seem realistic to me. Would rather someone else but none on the lists I've seen are good enough or would come. Moyes was with them so that also rules him out. Fuck knows what the board do here. McInnes would be the safe option but I'm not even sure he'd take the job either. This don't fill me with optimism. The likely candidates are all pretty similar and uninspiring when you consider the job in hand. We've seen their ceilings. I'd be tempted to throw Davies in to the end of the season and see who's available then. He's no worse than the rest of the realistic options.

8 hours ago, Blueenose said:

Murty is the man for me. Most of of those are unrealistic options anyway. 

Id bring Murty in and have miller as his number two. Murty took the tarriers on at the Harris dome and had us playing some brilliant stuff during his short tenure 

I'm done :confused:

Thank fuck the board have squashed the Davies interest.. of all affordable managers it has to be mcinnes.  But I have my doubts he could topple Brendan Rodgers as they’ll successfully defend the treble.  I just hope that they get it right. Also I’d like a public apology from the halfwit that chose Pedro as he was never fit for Rangers. Then hopefully a statement with his resignation as the cunt obviously knows nothing about football

Murty's story has been rewritten on the back of a point at celtic Park, we were god awful against Inverness & Dundee during his tenure. Of course it was a massive step up and I appreciated his efforts and all in all he handled it well, but his caretaker period needs to be as short as possible, none of this give him to end of season.

I would love to say likes of de Boer or Gio, as I do think that is the level we need to target to truly progress as a club. People often cite the need for a good Scottish/British manager who knows the club...but that viewpoint is based nearly entirely on the successes of Sir Walter...but those successes were not that of a "Scottish/British" manager...they were that of Sir Walter and very few would have even got close to replicating what he did regardless of nationality, especially second time round!

That all said, we are in a dogfight now just to simply establish ourselves as 2nd best and unless we are going to back a revolution a la Advocaat...not gonna happen. I think we do need a short-term fix, make us disciplined, hard to beat, improved work-rate and start to get a bit of fear factor back for a visit to Ibrox! On that basis I am thinking Big Sam, he fits that bill while still offering a "statement" type appointment... he was England manager a year or so ago.

As an aside, your poll suggests "from the names mentioned", who mentioned Jim Duffy? And was it for any other reason than he squared up to Lennon last year? FFS

By the way my "other" is Derek McIness...he ain't on list of who you think it will be poll?

3 hours ago, William McBeath said:

McIness, Davies, or Moyes are the only ones who seem realistic to me. Would rather someone else but none on the lists I've seen are good enough or would come. Moyes was with them so that also rules him out. Fuck knows what the board do here. McInnes would be the safe option but I'm not even sure he'd take the job either. This don't fill me with optimism. The likely candidates are all pretty similar and uninspiring when you consider the job in hand. We've seen their ceilings. I'd be tempted to throw Davies in to the end of the season and see who's available then. He's no worse than the rest of the realistic options.

McInnes will not turn down the chance to manage Rangers

1 hour ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

McInnes will not turn down the chance to manage Rangers

Do you know him or are you saying that because he's one of us? I'm not convinced because of the state we've been in and the difficulty in managing us right now. Hope your right though as he's one of the ones I'd be happy enough with.

I voted for Michael O'Neill, but with Northern Ireland in playoffs and a potential world cup the timing is probably wrong.

Next choice for me would be Harry Redknapp, his man management skills could get the best out of some of our underperforming squad. 

This is an even bigger appointment for the Board than the last two imo. There is absolutely no scope for error here. Warburton's appointment you could understand and it arguably did what it was supposed to do in the short term. He was found out quickly though. Caixinha's appointment, on reflection, was baffling. The board were obviously willing to try something different. However, this time around it MUST be the right appointment.

It must be a guy who has a fucking idea what he's going to do to win football matches at this club. Not a fantasist or a psychologist, but an individual who has seen success and knows how to breed it wherever he goes. This is not a club with a new found ambition. This is Rangers Football Club where success runs through every blade of grass on the hallowed turf, through every piece of silverware in the trophy room and through every vein of blood of everybody and anybody with an affiliation for this institution. 

What makes the decision even harder is the problem of identification of what it will take to stop Brenda and his goons. Another half season in the Champions League will give them further financial power and strength to dominate further. They spend £4m on a young talent, whilst dominating Scottish Football, and sell him for £10m to a club down south whilst raking in a further £18m+ CL revenue. Their revenue streams are maxing out to levels that ours are a fucking far cry from. This is an issue, a real issue, that the board need to consider.

I guess Ferguson is right. A Rangers man would be good. However, how many Rangers men out there, that are still managers, have enough of a clue to guide us back to where we belong? McCoist certainly doesn't and he is barely a Rangers man. McCall I don't think does. Ferguson definitely doesn't. Walter has retired. McInnes? Well, that is one for a debate. Billy Davies? Away and don't talk pish. McLeish? I reckon he's happy doing what he is doing at the moment.

It must be an appointment that will capture the imagination of the fans and the inspiration of the players. Anything other than that and we may as well chuck it.