Next Manager Poll

Amato

Next Manager  

528 members have voted

1. 1. From the names mentioned, who do you hope we appoint as the next manager?

2. 2. And who do you think it will be?

• Billy Davies
    • Alex Mcleish
    • Frank de Boer
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Tommy Wright
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Michael O'Neill
    • Kenny Miller
    • Dougie Freedman
    • Alan Irvine
    • Alan Pardew
    • Graeme Murty
    • Walter Smith
    • Dick Advocaat
    • Gio Van Bronckhorst
    • Sir Alex Ferguson
    • Jim Duffy
    • Steve Clarke
    • Other (say who. No "Mourinho" or "Pep" jokes.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

He is as mad as a meat axe and it would end in tears.

The players he worked with for the most part have very positive things to say about him. And the results he got don't lie. Perhaps it would end in tears......most appointments do, even the better ones (Dick Advocaat, Mourinho at Chelsea) but I'll be happy as long as he takes us forward a couple of years and then we can move on again if need be. I'm hoping, but not expecting, the next manager to be the one who actually manages to win the title back. But it absolutely has to be someone that moves us forward, and Davies has a track record across various clubs of doing that.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honestly don't know anymore, and to be honest I don't think many people do. There's no magic wand. The best name on paper could fuck it just as much as the worst. It's the ultimate conundrum. The players are a bigger issue for me. Time and time again they let us down. They are good enough players IMO, and have shown at times they have ability, but then they somehow become incapable of producing the very basics consistently let alone anything better than that. It's fucking bizarre. Some of them should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, and any who try to blame Pedro are utterly gutless. Pedro has been sacked, and deservedly so, but collectively, he, the players and the board are all culpable in this sorry mess.

Football is a very simple game, that far too many try to over complicate. It really isn't that difficult. I just want a manager who can execute the most simple, yet overlooked qualities in a manager. Stability, organised, good communication, authoritative, passionate, ability to adapt and change things and merely play players in their preferred positions. And with regard to the players all they need to do is follow their fucking runners, pass the ball 5 yards, show a bit of bravery on the ball and burst their balls for 90 minutes. The stupid cunts can't even do that but if they did it goes a helluva long way.

Right now, we just need to steady the ship and get back to basics. It really shouldn't be too much to ask.................

54 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

I want Billy Davies and I realise that's not popular.

I've read and heard over the last few years that 'city slicker' Mark Warburton had all the answers, that Frank De Boer was the messiah we had missed out on......sexy names don't necessarily cut it.

Davies will do a job. How far he'll take us I don't know, perhaps after 2 to 3 years it will end in tears but I'd bet for the most part of that period he takes us forward. He did it with Preston, he did it with Derby and he did it with Notts Forrest.

Naw he didnt. Had a good season with Derby once. One good season and being a fan does not make a gers manager. He falls out with very board. Exactly the kind of instability we don't need!!!!