Next Manager Poll

Amato

Next Manager  

528 members have voted

1. 1. From the names mentioned, who do you hope we appoint as the next manager?

2. 2. And who do you think it will be?

• Billy Davies
    • Alex Mcleish
    • Frank de Boer
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Tommy Wright
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Michael O'Neill
    • Kenny Miller
    • Dougie Freedman
    • Alan Irvine
    • Alan Pardew
    • Graeme Murty
    • Walter Smith
    • Dick Advocaat
    • Gio Van Bronckhorst
    • Sir Alex Ferguson
    • Jim Duffy
    • Steve Clarke
    • Other (say who. No "Mourinho" or "Pep" jokes.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, ClarkeyRFC said:

I voted for Michael O'Neill, but with Northern Ireland in playoffs and a potential world cup the timing is probably wrong.

Next choice for me would be Harry Redknapp, his man management skills could get the best out of some of our underperforming squad. 

Can't bear Arry myself. 

I would go for Moyes .vast experience in the worlds toughest league .plenty of contacts here and abroad .i know he played 5 or 6 games for them as a youngster ,but he was was due in at Ibrox to sign for us when jock wallace left the night before.he is also from good stock ,.his old man scouted for us for a while.bring him in Rangers

Not McInness.

He will cost us £1.5m in compo to the sheep. Fuck giving them the money.

And I remain to be convinced he could do a job for us. His sheep team got pumped 3-0 off Motherwell in the quarters and pumped off the mankies on Wednesday night.

Nah not for me thanks

I'm sick of this British Rangers man nonsense. I want quality, a quality manager doesn't need to know the Scottish game. Anyone worth their salt can assess most situations they are in and come out the other side on top. Of course we can't attract the likes of Pep or Mourinho but i'm sure they would get on just fine up here, and they are not Rangers men. 

Players like Jack and Dorrans have been ok but i expect more from them, and guys like Miller, Wallace and Windass have been poor. All the aforementioned are British and have let the fans down at times, poor manager or not they have not been good enough. 

Money talks, and we need clobber together as much funds as we can to pay a quality manager a decent wage. If i was to guess, i would say we probably don't have a lot of cash lying around which makes the situation even more difficult.

I hate to mention Brendan Rodgers or anyone else associated with 'Them'  but IMO, he isn't a tactical genius. He is definitely no Mourinho, this is backed up by his naive team set-up's in Europe. But Rodgers' man management skills are second to none, he has everyone of his squad running through brick walls for him. We haven't had that since Walter Smith was at the helm.  Our next appointment needs a bit of quality obviously, but the man management aspect is key for me.  

With every passing year of turmoil our supporters, while having Rangers at heart, are becoming more and more polarized, I'm sick of seeing our club ripping itself apart.  If we are to become again, that immovable force within Scottish football  we once were, we need unity from top to bottom, and that is before you even mention budgets and finances. 

My post might seem a tad dramatic but i really do think we are at a cross roads here, play our cards right we can maybe just about stop 10IAR, if we fluff our lines again it is all but sealed for them. I'm just not sure the current board is up to the current task, its one of the most important moments in our clubs history in my opinion.

Seen this and how anyone wants McInnes after reading the facts i'll never know. 

Michael Prud'homme

06-08 - Won the league with Standard. Their first in 25 years.
08-10 - Finished second with Gent. Their highest ever finish. Also won the Cup (their 3rd ever trophy).
10-11 - Finished second with Twente. Won both domestic Cups.
11-13 - Won the Saudi league with Al-Shabab, first in 6 years.
13-17 - Won 2 Cups, the league and 2 MOTY awards with Brugge. Also took them to the last 8 of the EL and knocked back Belgium job.

McInnes:

- Failed at Bristol City
- Won a league cup. 
- Consistently second in our domestic league.
- Never further than third round qualifier for the Europa League in 4 attempts. 
- Would cost £1m more.

Ive gone for Frank De Boer. 

Probably not a popular choice, and I can understand why, but I take him if he could get the right staff with him.

For me Mcleish would be ideal for an assistant, or someone with similar passion for the club. Numan, Mols, Ferguson, people like that, with the right backroom staff and support I think it could work. His past two jobs have been car crashes, but were accidents waiting to happen in their own right. His, and his staffs contacts could be invaluable. 

If Mcinnes had challenged the tims at all in his period at the sheep then I'd consider him a better candidate. For me, he's done exactly what he was expected to do in his time there. If anything, one cup is hardly a success. I'd feel no differently if we appointed someone like Robbie Neilson. 

De Boer has had one job where he's been expected to win, every week. And at that, he was a success. I'm not comparing them as managers, but I'd love to see how someone like Guardiola would get on trying to implement his style of football at crystal palace ffs.

2 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

McInnes:

- Failed at Bristol City
- Won a league cup. 
- Would cost £1m more.

McInnes:

- Won the Championship with St Johnstone

- Kept them up and mid-table for the next 2 seasons

- Took over a basket case at Bristol City that were rock bottom. Kept them up then cost cutting saw them back to the same place

- Took over 9th placed perennial shambles Aberdeen

- Won the League Cup

- Finished 3rd in the last kick of the season

- Knocked Groningen out of Europe

- Finished 2nd with a record points tally

- Knocked Rijeka out of Europe

- Finished 2nd

- Finished 2nd with another record points tally, got to both cup finals, lost in the last minute to a side with 20x the budget (mastered tactics and learned from the previous final)

The facts.

30 minutes ago, bannedfromff said:

McInnes:

- Won the Championship with St Johnstone

- Kept them up and mid-table for the next 2 seasons

- Took over a basket case at Bristol City that were rock bottom. Kept them up then cost cutting saw them back to the same place

- Took over 9th placed perennial shambles Aberdeen

- Won the League Cup

- Finished 3rd in the last kick of the season

- Knocked Groningen out of Europe

- Finished 2nd with a record points tally

- Knocked Rijeka out of Europe

- Finished 2nd

- Finished 2nd with another record points tally, got to both cup finals, lost in the last minute to a side with 20x the budget (mastered tactics and learned from the previous final)

The facts.

Would you seriously take McInnes over Preud'homme? that doesn't even lay a glove on what he's done in his career.

Don't understand for life of me why everyone is so desperate for McInnes. He's done what is expected of him, granted knocking Groningen out is decent but he still never made the group stages. Jimmy Calderwood managed that with the sheep.

Derek McInnes will not topple celtic in the next few years at least with Preud'homme we've someone who's won titles over the favourites all of his career (Standard, Brugge) or punched above his weight and ran the favourites close (Twente, Genk). Won't claim to know much about his stint in Saudi Arabia other than the team hadn't won the title in 6 years.

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

Ive gone for Frank De Boer. 

Probably not a popular choice, and I can understand why, but I take him if he could get the right staff with him.

For me Mcleish would be ideal for an assistant, or someone with similar passion for the club. Numan, Mols, Ferguson, people like that, with the right backroom staff and support I think it could work. His past two jobs have been car crashes, but were accidents waiting to happen in their own right. His, and his staffs contacts could be invaluable. 

If Mcinnes had challenged the tims at all in his period at the sheep then I'd consider him a better candidate. For me, he's done exactly what he was expected to do in his time there. If anything, one cup is hardly a success. I'd feel no differently if we appointed someone like Robbie Neilson. 

De Boer has had one job where he's been expected to win, every week. And at that, he was a success. I'm not comparing them as managers, but I'd love to see how someone like Guardiola would get on trying to implement his style of football at crystal palace ffs.

For me Frank De Boer is another Crystal Palace in the making, we do not have the players required to fit into his style. 

Would take a good few transfer windows to change the squad, he doesn't seem to be able to play any other way. 

32 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Would you seriously take McInnes over Preud'homme? that doesn't even lay a glove on what he's done in his career.

Don't understand for life of me why everyone is so desperate for McInnes. He's done what is expected of him, granted knocking Groningen out is decent but he still never made the group stages. Jimmy Calderwood managed that with the sheep.

Derek McInnes will not topple celtic in the next few years at least with Preud'homme we've someone who's won titles over the favourites all of his career (Standard, Brugge) or punched above his weight and ran the favourites close (Twente, Genk). Won't claim to know much about his stint in Saudi Arabia other than the team hadn't won the title in 6 years.

Don't think Preud'homme would come to Scotland. Don't think he's a long term appointment if he would.

Calderwood was in the UEFA Cup when it was 1 round then the group stages. McInnes is beating better teams than that every time before getting knocked out in the 3rd round. Granted Calderwood then qualified in 3rd out of 5 with 1 win then got a home draw with Bayern. McInnes would probably pull off similar every season if it was still the same format.

McInnes is only 46.

1 hour ago, bannedfromff said:

Don't think Preud'homme would come to Scotland. Don't think he's a long term appointment if he would.

Calderwood was in the UEFA Cup when it was 1 round then the group stages. McInnes is beating better teams than that every time before getting knocked out in the 3rd round. Granted Calderwood then qualified in 3rd out of 5 with 1 win then got a home draw with Bayern. McInnes would probably pull off similar every season if it was still the same format.

McInnes is only 46.

If rumour has it he’s applied. I’m not arsed about long term appointment.

I want the best candidate and someone who can actually stop 10 in a row. For me McInnes doesn’t have the capability.

We’ve spent a fortune as it is getting shot of the last lot. To spend 1m plus on McInnes if fuckin madness in my eyes.

Its a lazy appointment, I don’t buy into this must be British or Rangers man pish. The two before Caixinha were that and look how that turned out.

5 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Michael Prud'homme

08-10 - Finished second with Gent. Their highest ever finish. Also won the Cup (their 3rd ever trophy).
13-17 - Won 2 Cups, the league and 2 MOTY awards with Brugge. Also took them to the last 8 of the EL and knocked back Belgium job.

McInnes:

- Failed at Bristol City
- Won a league cup. 
- Would cost £1m more.

Isn't Al Shabab a terrorist group? :whistle:

8 hours ago, JM1872 said:

This is an even bigger appointment for the Board than the last two imo. There is absolutely no scope for error here. Warburton's appointment you could understand and it arguably did what it was supposed to do in the short term. He was found out quickly though. Caixinha's appointment, on reflection, was baffling. The board were obviously willing to try something different. However, this time around it MUST be the right appointment.

It must be a guy who has a fucking idea what he's going to do to win football matches at this club. Not a fantasist or a psychologist, but an individual who has seen success and knows how to breed it wherever he goes. This is not a club with a new found ambition. This is Rangers Football Club where success runs through every blade of grass on the hallowed turf, through every piece of silverware in the trophy room and through every vein of blood of everybody and anybody with an affiliation for this institution. 

What makes the decision even harder is the problem of identification of what it will take to stop Brenda and his goons. Another half season in the Champions League will give them further financial power and strength to dominate further. They spend £4m on a young talent, whilst dominating Scottish Football, and sell him for £10m to a club down south whilst raking in a further £18m+ CL revenue. Their revenue streams are maxing out to levels that ours are a fucking far cry from. This is an issue, a real issue, that the board need to consider.

I guess Ferguson is right. A Rangers man would be good. However, how many Rangers men out there, that are still managers, have enough of a clue to guide us back to where we belong? McCoist certainly doesn't and he is barely a Rangers man. McCall I don't think does. Ferguson definitely doesn't. Walter has retired. McInnes? Well, that is one for a debate. Billy Davies? Away and don't talk pish. McLeish? I reckon he's happy doing what he is doing at the moment.

It must be an appointment that will capture the imagination of the fans and the inspiration of the players. Anything other than that and we may as well chuck it.

I agree and Warburton could have been the man to lead us to glory but his stubborness to adapt and ignorance to the challenge in the league cost him.

Good managers adapt and change style formation when required, hopefully the next man is not one dimensional and rigid.

6 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Michael Prud'homme

McInnes:

- Failed at Bristol City
- Won a league cup. 
- Would cost £1m more.

Alex Neil has a better managerial record in England than McInnes and he's not being mentioned  ... McInnes would be a disastrous appointment, and the club simply can't afford another mistake at this stage.