**Official Football Manager 18 thread**

Perth_Campsie_Ger

Downloaded this about 6 hours ago. Enjoying it so far, especially the new player roles. Have been looking for a Mezzala type role for a long time. Tried before with editing the AP role in individual instructions you couldn't get it quite right.

I'm currently experimenting with ridiculous tactical set ups:

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 12.21.56 am.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 12.22.54 am.png

:lol: 

Struggling with my strikers as well. Miller gets me the most goals. Haven’t started the season yet so basing that on Euros. 

Pena and Dorrans can’t really play together. Jack is pretty decent.

The youth is pretty decent. 

Downloaded it last week and have only managed a few hours so far. Breezed through the first Euro qualifier 12-0 on aggregate and won a few friendlys. Pena has been a revelation :lol:

Finding a narrow 4-1-3-2 with 3 CM's works well with the current squad although that means no room for Candeias who looks decent or Jamie Walker who I managed to get on loan from Hearts.

Majority of the signings so far have been for the U20's with the likes of Matthew Knox, Tony Gallagher, Kevin O'hara and Callum Smith coming in, Smith actually got a hat trick on his debut at Ibrox in the Europa League qual.

Menus seem a lot different, especially for transfers, scouting, the new social groups feature, etc. Looks like it will take a bit of getting used to.

Played it for about 45 mins last night then got a point where I couldn't be arsed with it. Will get my teeth into it this weekend since I'm not up to much. 

18 hours ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Who you signed mate?

More players than I should have but I'll list the ones worth a look. Brought Jamie Walker and Moritz Bauer in on loan, Rok Vodisek - £300K, Hjortur Hermansson - £450K, Jo Inge Berget - £2.3M. Got Naser Aliji on a free and managed to sell him on 6 months later for nearly a mil, not too bad. Only other player I sold was Herrara for around £4.3M.

Three youngsters my DF brought that look good are Greg Kiltie, Tony Gallacher and Callum Smith (who scored the ET winner in the Scottish Cup for me with a volley outside the box). Lewis Morgan, Jamie Walker, Chris Cadden and Louis Moult all on pre-contracts as well come January.

52 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Whats that mate?

They introduced squad dynamics where the social groups fall into. So you have the leaders in the team, players who have been at the club for a similar amount of time or players who speak the same language etc.

m1dCv9s.png

So basically if you upset the main leaders it could filter through the team or if you upset say Pen, then Herrera and for some reason John could become upset.

Not entirely sure why Hodson is listed as an influential figure though :lol:

13 minutes ago, aird said:

They introduced squad dynamics where the social groups fall into. So you have the leaders in the team, players who have been at the club for a similar amount of time or players who speak the same language etc.

m1dCv9s.png

So basically if you upset the main leaders it could filter through the team or if you upset say Pen, then Herrera and for some reason John could become upset.

Not entirely sure why Hodson is listed as an influential figure though :lol:

because he is a northern irish loyalist :crabflute: