Midfield diamond

Dazzler

13 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I think our recent formation has been more a fluid 3 5 2.  

The last two games we've definitely played 4 at the back. Next line is McCrorie but after that fuck knows who is playing where. Looks something like this I think

Tav Alves Wilson John

McCrorie

Jack              Holt

Pena

Windass

Then Miller seems to be playing left or right or in between or behind Pena and Windass, whether through instruction or otherwise.

Definitely 4 at the back though.

7 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Anyone know who decided to go with the diamond? Was it Murty, JJ or another. 

Only been two games but its the best we've looked in a while. Being solid at the back had given the entire team a boost. 

Expecting a good win today. 

I was at a game a few weeks ago and shouted "play a fucking diamond in midfield", I was a few rows back from the dugout so it might have been me.

9 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

The last two games we've definitely played 4 at the back. Next line is McCrorie but after that fuck knows who is playing where. Looks something like this I think

Tav Alves Wilson John

McCrorie

Jack              Holt

Pena

Windass

Then Miller seems to be playing left or right or in between or behind Pena and Windass, whether through instruction or otherwise.

Definitely 4 at the back though.

That i where we differ mate.  I still think it looks more like a 3 5 2 although God knows what it actually is.   I did say a fluid 2 5 2 though.   After today I definitely think Murty is clueless.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

That i where we differ mate.  I still think it looks more like a 3 5 2 although God knows what it actually is.   I did say a fluid 2 5 2 though.   After today I definitely think Murty is clueless.

Who are the 3 at the back? Alves, Wilson and who because John and Tav seem to be playing just as far forward as each other. If you're thinking that it's a back 3 of Tav, Alves and Wilson then I think that is because John's positioning is even worse than Tav's if that's possible.

9 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Who are the 3 at the back? Alves, Wilson and who because John and Tav seem to be playing just as far forward as each other. If you're thinking that it's a back 3 of Tav, Alves and Wilson then I think that is because John's positioning is even worse than Tav's if that's possible.

No McCrorie is the third in an advanced back 3 (for me).  I felt today he pushed further forward though.  All Murty had to do was change a player for the suspended Jack.  He should have given the job to Barjonas.  God knows what formation today was meant to be.  We were fortunate to get the 3 points.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

No McCrorie is the third in an advanced back 3 (for me).  I felt today he pushed further forward though.  All Murty had to do was change a player for the suspended Jack.  He should have given the job to Barjonas.  God knows what formation today was meant to be.  We were fortunate to get the 3 points.

Ah right. I see what you are saying. I don't agree as I can't count McCrorie as part of a back three for the past three games but I do see what you are saying. It shows up both Tav's and John's lack of positional nous that you don't consider them as part of the defense though as I'm sure they were both meant to be playing RB/LB rather than LW/RW.

14 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Anyone know who decided to go with the diamond? Was it Murty, JJ or another. 

Only been two games but its the best we've looked in a while. Being solid at the back had given the entire team a boost. 

Expecting a good win today. 

Honestly mate, I couldn’t care less. 

We have a structure at the club that should allow us to have 2/3 head coaches that give us a wide degree of knowledge and ideas. 

15 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

He's Blue, He's White, He's Fuckin Dynamite, Ian Durrant . . . noo he wiz a Midfield Diamond !?

image.jpeg.7929f28cff474dbdcc4825d657d10fb5.jpeg

Always thought he’d of been the Scottish version of Gazza if it hadn’t had been for that cunt. All the ability in the world snatched right off him. Angers me every time I think about it