Midfield diamond

Dazzler

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Anyone know who decided to go with the diamond? Was it Murty, JJ or another. 

Only been two games but its the best we've looked in a while. Being solid at the back had given the entire team a boost. 

Expecting a good win today. 

Stevie from IT sorted it out.

Hope he sticks with it today. Jack missing might make him shuffle things around. Personally I’d like to see Barjonas or Candeias come in as a straight swap. I know it isn’t Candeias natural position but he’ll work his socks off and allow us to continue with the shape. Also hope Morelos gets a chance up top with Windass at some point! 

12 minutes ago, Cobham said:

Hope he sticks with it today. Jack missing might make him shuffle things around. Personally I’d like to see Barjonas or Candeias come in as a straight swap. I know it isn’t Candeias natural position but he’ll work his socks off and allow us to continue with the shape. Also hope Morelos gets a chance up top with Windass at some point! 

Yeah, would be good to see morellos and Windass up top. 

I think the formation and system we play will be dictated by the players we have available to us.  There's a number of players out due to injury or suspension.  Murty will need to look at what we have left and play to their strengths.  

I was one of several on here crying out for a 4 4 2 formation last season... which is what Murty has done. And you are right, it works.

Pedro had a 4 4 2 (I am sure) at the start of the season and we were winning games in Aug and Sept with Morelos scoring... then he changed it completely. Not sure of the reasons.

1 hour ago, Cobham said:

He might not even start Morelos, because the only player he could really drop is Miller and that ain’t happening. 

1 hour ago, Ryju84 said:

I was one of several on here crying out for a 4 4 2 formation last season... which is what Murty has done. And you are right, it works.

Pedro had a 4 4 2 (I am sure) at the start of the season and we were winning games in Aug and Sept with Morelos scoring... then he changed it completely. Not sure of the reasons.

Was probably told it's not fashionable.

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Anyone know who decided to go with the diamond? Was it Murty, JJ or another. 

Only been two games but its the best we've looked in a while. Being solid at the back had given the entire team a boost. 

Expecting a good win today. 

Hopefully one of the ITK muppets will be kind enough to answer your question mate. 

1 hour ago, Ryju84 said:

I think our recent formation has been more a fluid 3 5 2.  

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kenny Miller.

What a tactician and gives us a glimpse for next season when he becomes manager full-time..

Kenny takes the credit but I heard it was his neighbour.

Murty needs to try and keep the system so swap people directly into the existing positions.