Murty until the end of the season

Bears r us

Of course it's a ridiculous decision to appoint Murty and one that should never have been made which in my view shows the complete contempt this board now have for our club, I honestly believe that they have run out of any idea of what to do next and are working on how the hell they can get out, there are definitely shenanigans going on behind the scenes as none of the decisions in the last few months especially make any sense whatsoever.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

IMO mate it has nothing to do with Murty or his performances, this has everything to do with King and whatever ramifications are soon to be played out re: the COS ruling, IMO, Murty is just being used as a means of riding out time until King decides on his get out plan.

Every chance you're right but I wonder what damage may be done to Murty's career. A lot of folk on here have said he's been thrown in front of the bus, he should have told the board he didn't have the knowledge and experience, and there's a lot of truth in these points of view.  I can see the scenario Reformation Bear described where it gets too much for Murty and he just holds his hands up and walks. Hope it doesn't pan out like that but if it does the board will not give a shit what happens to him, bastards.

3 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Of course it's a ridiculous decision to appoint Murty and one that should never have been made which in my view shows the complete contempt this board now have for our club, I honestly believe that they have run out of any idea of what to do next and are working on how the hell they can get out, there are definitely shenanigans going on behind the scenes as none of the decisions in the last few months especially make any sense whatsoever.

MAs statement definitely stinks of this is my job description don't even think of blaming me .....

6 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Every chance you're right but I wonder what damage may be done to Murty's career. A lot of folk on here have said he's been thrown in front of the bus, he should have told the board he didn't have the knowledge and experience, and there's a lot of truth in these points of view.  I can see the scenario Reformation Bear described where it gets too much for Murty and he just holds his hands up and walks. Hope it doesn't pan out like that but if it does the board will not give a shit what happens to him, bastards.

I think Murty is the only clever one in this whole debacle, he's been given a golden opportunity and knows he won't be blamed when it all inevitably goes to shit, he's recognized as a very good youth coach and could always go back to doing that, but in his future he will be able to use in any job reference his experience having the courage of being a manager of The Rangers when they were in turmoil, I can't see him being in charge for long for reasons I've given in above posts, but I don't see this experience harming him very much in his future career.

1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

I think Murty is the only clever one in this whole debacle, he's been given a golden opportunity and knows he won't be blamed when it all inevitably goes to shit, he's recognized as a very good youth coach and could always go back to doing that, but in his future he will be able to use in any job reference his experience having the courage of being a manager of The Rangers when they were in turmoil, I can't see him being in charge for long for reasons I've given in above posts, but I don't see this experience harming him very much in his future career.

Where is he recognised as a good youth coach?

22 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

That's just it mate he doesn't but it's still a win-win situation for him though.

Joke of a decision by a board even more incompetent than the one in the early 80s....at least they had a plan b) and plan c) and could actually get respected managers to Ibrox for talks...

Honestly hope it's curtains for this board if it goes tits up...ofcourse that's why Allen has stated what he has....

Ofcourse no respected manager wants to manage Rangers ...don't make me giggle....?

The decision to give him the gig till end of season must mean he's been given a contract. Being honest I can't see murty making it till the end of the season. So basically it's just wasting money once he needs paid off and we need a new u20's manager and a new manager. 

The board are going to embarrass themselves when they need to sack murty 

33 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

The decision to give him the gig till end of season must mean he's been given a contract. Being honest I can't see murty making it till the end of the season. So basically it's just wasting money once he needs paid off and we need a new u20's manager and a new manager. 

I hope its a case of he steps down back to the u20's but depends how pissed off he is at the board and going by recent shananigans he will end up down south as a coach or some shit as they have flung him in the deep end and his results are pish lets be honest apart from a few so we all know he will not pull a magic rabbit out the hat.

I feel sorry for him tbh.

Feel sorry for Murty.

there is no way he makes it past February if he keeps dropping points the way he is (We are at risk of dropping points in every match regardless of which team we play and regardless of whether it is Home or away).

5 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

That’s absolute bollocks Murty had a choice he’s chosen it and he will be gone sooner rather than later next 2 defeats and the fans will turn. 

2 hours ago, orangecountry said:

It takes the incompetence to a whole new level.  I was in shock after the announcement the other day.  It's clear as day this appointment will fail and embarrass everyone.  We can't have a guy in the dugout who is this clueless he needs to be removed immediately.  I truly believe we have the worst manager in the SPFL top-tier which is mind boggling.  Rangers are going to take an under 20s coach and put him in charge for the season?  This will be the straw that breaks the Camels back.  

13 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It takes the incompetence to a whole new level.  I was in shock after the announcement the other day.  It's clear as day this appointment will fail and embarrass everyone.  We can't have a guy in the dugout who is this clueless he needs to be removed immediately.  I truly believe we have the worst manager in the SPFL top-tier which is mind boggling.  Rangers are going to take an under 20s coach and put him in charge for the season?  This will be the straw that breaks the Camels back.  

To me it's obvious that a manager wasn't their biggest priority, but more about how they keep us afloat. If they had the money, McInnes or some other proven manager would be in the hot seat.

56 minutes ago, ChrisMcb said:

Rangers have sensationally sacked Graeme Murty after just 3 days in charge following the 2-1 defeat to Kilmarnock on Saturday.  Graeme Murty will take over as interim manager whilst the Ibrox club search for a new manager.

Where we will likely appoint, Graeme Murty as manager again. 

9 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Murty.thumb.PNG.89ea7de0be4bff73cf79716231f308d7.PNG

..........     P...W...D...L ...F...A... Pts.... GD
Pedro. . 10.. 5... 3... 2.. 21.. 12... 18... +9
Murty. . 10.. 6... 0... 4...18.. 13... 18... +5

Read this somewhere not checked it.

Archived