Murty until the end of the season

Bears r us

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I don't use those ones as much because our performance levels were much much higher and we deserved to win the games, Aberdeen were shite. 

That actually typifies it for me, we were sitting second after some god awful shite we've been served up this year, Ibrox with more holes in it than a sieve in shedding points this season and sacking our manager. Anyone, and I do mean anyone, with any level of managerial tactical nous would have us much higher up the league and who knows what would happen with some shrewd business in January e.g. getting rid of wage-thieving fuckers like Alves and Pena (and i stand by my comment that was ridiculed weeks ago on here about their weekly wage levels) and using those funds more wisely in January.  Unfortunately, yesterday's decision making has confirmed our board are devoid of any desire to move us forward and Murty managing us could see us finish in the bottom six. Anyone who doesn't think that is fucking deluded when you look at how the bottom six teams have played us off the park in the last two weeks alone.....and I mean played us off the park. 

I don't disagree with any of that. None of our expensive summer signings have convinced me one bit and watching us week in week out, I see opposition players at Killie, St Johnstone, Hibs, Hamilton, Hearts and the like doing a better job for a fraction of the money.

For all our poor results this season, we weren't that many points off them and while I accept the performances generally weren't fooling anyone, getting that close playing shite at least gives people hope that a few solid signings and we could be putting up a real challenge.  That appears to have been thrown under a bus for reasons I can't quite fathom.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Clyde SSB have just said murty has been put in place because something is gonna happen between now and season ends in regards to investment and perhaps they have another manager lined up for then.

wtf first time I've heard such talk

Do you mean the end of the season or before the end of the season, we all know that Murty won’t be the manager next season.

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Clyde SSB have just said murty has been put in place because something is gonna happen between now and season ends in regards to investment and perhaps they have another manager lined up for then.

wtf first time I've heard such talk

Makes you wonder is Big Mike coming back into play...

1 minute ago, Coop said:

I don't disagree with any of that. None of our expensive summer signings have convinced me one bit and watching us week in week out, I see opposition players at Killie, St Johnstone, Hibs, Hamilton, Hearts and the like doing a better job for a fraction of the money.

For all our poor results this season, we weren't that many points off them and while I accept the performances generally weren't fooling anyone, getting that close playing shite at least gives people hope that a few solid signings and we could be putting up a real challenge.  That appears to have been thrown under a bus for reasons I can't quite fathom.

We've no money mate

Just now, Moody Blue said:

We've no money mate

I know that and we're making a loss that needs directors to cover it with loans but if St Johnstone and Killie can afford half decent managers that know what they're doing then we've no excuse.  We're not talking EPL managers.  Shift the deadwood, high earners, which might be easier said than done, and get in some solid pro's who know Scottish football.  Guys like Alves, wtf? He'd make sense in the Advocaat era but not now in our current circumstances.

I'm left wondering if the court order on Friday forced the board into the Murty option.

4 minutes ago, Coop said:

I know that and we're making a loss that needs directors to cover it with loans but if St Johnstone and Killie can afford half decent managers that know what they're doing then we've no excuse.  We're not talking EPL managers.  Shift the deadwood, high earners, which might be easier said than done, and get in some solid pro's who know Scottish football.  Guys like Alves, wtf? He'd make sense in the Advocaat era but not now in our current circumstances.

I'm left wondering if the court order on Friday forced the board into the Murty option.

McInnes saying no forced them to appointing Murty, they simply had no other option; the court case probably hastened that. I don't think they needed to appoint, they could have said he will continue as interim boss for the foreseeable and see how results / performances went; the latter haven't been good enough. They've shown their hand now and it will be their inevitable downfall.

In terms of playing squad, if you hire a shite foreign manager, he's going to be buy foreign shite. Everyone knows spending the stupid fees and wages on Herrera, Pena, Cardoso, Candeias could've bought players like Moult, McLean, Walker, Jones, Morgan....would they have proved good enough? Who knows but you'd have weakened every one of the teams around you and made you stronger so a double whammy. 

Murty is pretty much over a barrel and can't win! If he says no to the job then he drops back down and probably into oblivion and would soon be done over by King and his followers for not wanting to be one of the "blazers". If he says yes and if/when it all goes tits up then he ends up carrying the can and King has someone new to blame for a while and can claim Murty was the right man at the time and did a good presentation but has let the Club down. Either way he will never get a decent managers role again at a professional level and he becomes damaged goods! His best and only option is to say yes and just pray to fuck that he can pull off a strong second place, get some more decent results against top six and maybe even a cup run and suddenly he has delivered against what are pretty low expectations anyway! Either he ends up with a second season in charge because he is the cheapest and only option on the table or he can least dip out and maybe pick up another managers role at somewhere like Inverness or St Mirren or if he is really lucky then a league one job down south but at least he has kept his career alive!! 

Best thing that could happen as a defeat today, things need to get worse before they get better, no more papering over the cracks or settling for mediocrity.

Need a few bad results for the general fan base to revolt and force these crooks out, clueless wastes of space who have continually wasted money and opportunities.

Depressing as fuck to think of the shitstorm the guys got coming his way. As expected, we'll lose an invaluable asset to our youths because of the fucking crooks in boardroom. 

Come the summer the same cyclical narrative will get wheeeled out. It'll be Murtys fault; a proper manager will be able to sort us out without spending silly money; said manager will make one or two promising signings but after another false dawn and declarations from the support that the banter years are over and 'the Rangers are coming,' yet again said new manager won't have the resources and we'll be the same fucking train wreck - maybe we'll just about make it a 50-50 toss up with Aberdeen for 2nd at the third attempt. 

Then when said manager gets us no closer to celtic, the blame will be placed on Mark Allen, who is nothing more than an extra protective layer to shield the board from the lynching they deserve. 

Clubs gone to the fucking wolves. 

Archived