Murty until the end of the season

Bears r us

59 minutes ago, Smile said:

This is why it happened to bury bad news they could have waited until January.

:thumbup:They have no shame.

49 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

It's a shame for Murty because when he was iterim and we lost then the Board were getting flak for not appointing a Manager, Now Murty has taken the Job Permanently untill the end of the season he is going to get the flak for poor results. 

To wait until the summer after the way they have went about trying to get Mcinnes is a shambles, I really hope that Murty can turn this round but I think it's going to take someone experienced to turn us round.

The board seem to have no common sense, they have waited for so long they could have waited another week/10 days and seen how the three games starting today went, especially after the 1 - 3 last weekend, but some stupid prick decided that with the court case decision coming out on Friday let's appoint Murty then. Today just shows how fucking stupid that was.

25 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Wasn't Murty's press conference put on hold until the verdict for king had been announced?

Well it certainly came out after the King decision, after reading he had lost I went onto the Rangers website to see if it was mentioned and saw the Murty statement instead. I have no doubt it had been sorted out a couple of day before but the timing of the announcement was well planned IMO.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lying and madness in it all is, eminates from that abomination of a statement, where the board try to blacken McKinnes's character by stating he wasn't ready, yer they give the job to a youth coach.

Aoart from our board being lying bastard, they are utterly obnoxious lying bastards, totally bereft of any integrity.

Can't understand resting Alves for games coming up or perhaps Santa's delivering some CL games against PSG ,  Barca etc...

I hope to hell I am wrong but I think Murty is outta his depth.... but the board are even more outta their depth. Dundee Hamilton st Johnstone Kilmarnock and the Hibs game....the only reason they didn't wait till Jan to announce Murty or make a decision was to bury the king news. In effect the board have deceived the fans and the club 

26 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The lying and madness in it all is, eminates from that abomination of a statement, where the board try to blacken McKinnes's character by stating he wasn't ready, yer they give the job to a youth coach.

Aoart from our board being lying bastard, they are utterly obnoxious lying bastards, totally bereft of any integrity.

Not disagreeing, just get the impression BA has started on the Christmas cheer already

48 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It wisnae me says our DOF. 

DRxJn5_X4AAZfog.jpg:large

From the Herald 

Mark Allen: My role at Rangers has been greatly misunderstood

PERHAPS the only question asked more frequently among Rangers fans over the last few months other than who their next manager might be, is what exactly has director of football Mark Allen been doing while all the turmoil in the Ibrox dugout has been unfolding?

After all, isn’t it part of his detail to be the decisive presence that calms such choppy waters with a strategic, long-term plan for the direction of the club?

Well, according to the man himself, yes and no. Yes, it is his remit to present possible solutions to whatever problems the club may be facing to the board. But no, he is not the man who makes the final call on what path to proceed down.

Allen faced the media for the first time in the wake of the announcement that interim manager Graeme Murty would in fact now be keeping his hand on the Ibrox tiller until the end of the season at least.

And his first pronouncement was that perhaps the idea of what his job and responsibilities entail differ from the common perception of what his duties are.

"The director of football role is greatly misunderstood and there is a feeling that it's the all-encompassing decision-maker on everything, when actually, it's more the conductor of the orchestra, that's how see my role,” said Allen. “[My role] was always to come in and assess where the club perhaps needs to go, the things we need to put in place if we are going to be successful and sustained success moving forward and where do you start with that.”

So, with that in mind, in what direction does Allen feel Rangers do indeed need to go?

"My first and foremost thing was to look at it and say we need to put a scouting fraternity in place, that was my first priority, which we've done,” he said. “We identified key people to come in and start that process and that needs to be ongoing. You are scouting players all the time, for now, for next season and maybe for one or two seasons ahead, up and coming youngsters etc. That's the function of the scouting department.

"I oversee that, but I don't run it on a daily basis, that's [chief scout] Andy Scoulding. The next element is liaising with the first-team manager. I have made that position abundantly clear, the decision on players is the manager's. It always will be. Who plays and what system you play, what style, what tactics, what players you sign are all the manager's decision.

“My job in that is to link scouting with the manager and say these are the types of players we've been looking at, we've identified for the squad moving forward. Do these players fit that category? Yes or no. It's the manager who decides that.

"While all that's going on, you are overlooking the academy and making sure it's producing all the right levels in terms of pushing players through the system because in a sustainable football club, your academy is vital. A big part of your job is making sure they are all reaching the milestones we want them to.

"From a medical and sports science perspective, you are overseeing that because you're looking to see if we are attuned with the latest technology, are we across the latest protocols and disciplines, what are we doing in terms of medical development etc?

“If you look from the analytical side, analytics is constantly playing a much bigger role in football, you are making sure you are at the forefront of that technology.

"Finally, the whole operation, making sure there's glue that holds all those component parts together. That is the role of the director of football, to make sure all of those things are working in conjunction towards a common goal and success for the football club, now and for the future. It's not to make a decision what team plays Saturday, what tactics and what players you sign.”

All well and good. But how does Allen respond to the charge that he, and by proxy, the Rangers board, seemed completely unprepared for their number one target – who they took weeks to identify and pursue – turning them down? Were all of the Rangers eggs placed solely in the Derek McInnes basket?

“We had a list within two days [of Pedro Caixinha’s sacking],” Allen said. “In an ideal world, you would like it to be something that happens very quickly, and something that is seamless.

“Sometimes when you are confronted with different things and obstacles it’s not as easy to do those things very quickly.

“My role in that was to present the potential solutions to the board to make that decision, for us to pursue them, which we did. It’s public knowledge that we did pursue it, and we’re now in a position where we’ve just appointed Graeme Murty.”

So, with Murty now in place until the end of this campaign, attention turns to the January transfer window. With Allen stressing that the manager will have the final say on all transfers, he explained how the scouting network he has put in place will help a manager who has never been tasked with signing players to put his own stamp on the squad he has inherited.

“I think it’s a collective thing,” he said. “Ultimately the manager has to have the vision and the foresight to be able to say on any decision that’s made: I’m comfortable to sign and play that player.

“They know what they are looking for in a player, they know the characteristics. Whether they brought them in or not they know, as a football coach, what they’re looking for in a player.

“So, I don’t see any issues in the fact that maybe Graeme hasn’t done this in the past. What I can say is that the recruitment process and the dossier we put together are very thorough. It looks at every aspect of a player, tactically, technically, physically and mentally. And does the very best in terms of that research in terms of identifying whether those players have the characteristics to fit into Rangers set-up.”

And within that comes the mentality to handle the expectation attached with playing in front of 50,000 demanding Rangers supporters every other week.

“The mental one is the most difficult one, if I’m honest, to evaluate because you don’t really know until you put them in there,” said Allen.

“But at least you are looking for certain traits that may lead you to believe that certain players could cope with that.

“They are the greatest supporters in the world, let’s be honest. No one enjoys support like Rangers Football Club. I’d like to see it as less of a burden and more of a driver for someone wanting to play and wanting to experience that and wanting to have that closeness with their supporters.

“I think for footballers it should be a privilege and I think it is for many, to step out on that pitch and play in front of such vocal and supportive groups of people.”

Source http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15791381.Mark_Allen__My_role_at_Rangers_has_been_greatly_misunderstood/

9 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

From the Herald 

Mark Allen: My role at Rangers has been greatly misunderstood

PERHAPS the only question asked more frequently among Rangers fans over the last few months other than who their next manager might be, is what exactly has director of football Mark Allen been doing while all the turmoil in the Ibrox dugout has been unfolding?

After all, isn’t it part of his detail to be the decisive presence that calms such choppy waters with a strategic, long-term plan for the direction of the club?

Well, according to the man himself, yes and no. Yes, it is his remit to present possible solutions to whatever problems the club may be facing to the board. But no, he is not the man who makes the final call on what path to proceed down.

Allen faced the media for the first time in the wake of the announcement that interim manager Graeme Murty would in fact now be keeping his hand on the Ibrox tiller until the end of the season at least.

And his first pronouncement was that perhaps the idea of what his job and responsibilities entail differ from the common perception of what his duties are.

"The director of football role is greatly misunderstood and there is a feeling that it's the all-encompassing decision-maker on everything, when actually, it's more the conductor of the orchestra, that's how see my role,” said Allen. “[My role] was always to come in and assess where the club perhaps needs to go, the things we need to put in place if we are going to be successful and sustained success moving forward and where do you start with that.”

So, with that in mind, in what direction does Allen feel Rangers do indeed need to go?

"My first and foremost thing was to look at it and say we need to put a scouting fraternity in place, that was my first priority, which we've done,” he said. “We identified key people to come in and start that process and that needs to be ongoing. You are scouting players all the time, for now, for next season and maybe for one or two seasons ahead, up and coming youngsters etc. That's the function of the scouting department.

"I oversee that, but I don't run it on a daily basis, that's [chief scout] Andy Scoulding. The next element is liaising with the first-team manager. I have made that position abundantly clear, the decision on players is the manager's. It always will be. Who plays and what system you play, what style, what tactics, what players you sign are all the manager's decision.

“My job in that is to link scouting with the manager and say these are the types of players we've been looking at, we've identified for the squad moving forward. Do these players fit that category? Yes or no. It's the manager who decides that.

"While all that's going on, you are overlooking the academy and making sure it's producing all the right levels in terms of pushing players through the system because in a sustainable football club, your academy is vital. A big part of your job is making sure they are all reaching the milestones we want them to.

"From a medical and sports science perspective, you are overseeing that because you're looking to see if we are attuned with the latest technology, are we across the latest protocols and disciplines, what are we doing in terms of medical development etc?

“If you look from the analytical side, analytics is constantly playing a much bigger role in football, you are making sure you are at the forefront of that technology.

"Finally, the whole operation, making sure there's glue that holds all those component parts together. That is the role of the director of football, to make sure all of those things are working in conjunction towards a common goal and success for the football club, now and for the future. It's not to make a decision what team plays Saturday, what tactics and what players you sign.”

All well and good. But how does Allen respond to the charge that he, and by proxy, the Rangers board, seemed completely unprepared for their number one target – who they took weeks to identify and pursue – turning them down? Were all of the Rangers eggs placed solely in the Derek McInnes basket?

“We had a list within two days [of Pedro Caixinha’s sacking],” Allen said. “In an ideal world, you would like it to be something that happens very quickly, and something that is seamless.

“Sometimes when you are confronted with different things and obstacles it’s not as easy to do those things very quickly.

“My role in that was to present the potential solutions to the board to make that decision, for us to pursue them, which we did. It’s public knowledge that we did pursue it, and we’re now in a position where we’ve just appointed Graeme Murty.”

So, with Murty now in place until the end of this campaign, attention turns to the January transfer window. With Allen stressing that the manager will have the final say on all transfers, he explained how the scouting network he has put in place will help a manager who has never been tasked with signing players to put his own stamp on the squad he has inherited.

“I think it’s a collective thing,” he said. “Ultimately the manager has to have the vision and the foresight to be able to say on any decision that’s made: I’m comfortable to sign and play that player.

“They know what they are looking for in a player, they know the characteristics. Whether they brought them in or not they know, as a football coach, what they’re looking for in a player.

“So, I don’t see any issues in the fact that maybe Graeme hasn’t done this in the past. What I can say is that the recruitment process and the dossier we put together are very thorough. It looks at every aspect of a player, tactically, technically, physically and mentally. And does the very best in terms of that research in terms of identifying whether those players have the characteristics to fit into Rangers set-up.”

And within that comes the mentality to handle the expectation attached with playing in front of 50,000 demanding Rangers supporters every other week.

“The mental one is the most difficult one, if I’m honest, to evaluate because you don’t really know until you put them in there,” said Allen.

“But at least you are looking for certain traits that may lead you to believe that certain players could cope with that.

“They are the greatest supporters in the world, let’s be honest. No one enjoys support like Rangers Football Club. I’d like to see it as less of a burden and more of a driver for someone wanting to play and wanting to experience that and wanting to have that closeness with their supporters.

“I think for footballers it should be a privilege and I think it is for many, to step out on that pitch and play in front of such vocal and supportive groups of people.”

Source http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15791381.Mark_Allen__My_role_at_Rangers_has_been_greatly_misunderstood/

After reading that I have to say that Mark Allen is another talks a good game but doesn't deliver. We are going no where with our disjointed DOF Approach,  If we are not going to use the DOF Properly then what's the point of him being there taking a wage and talking pish about potential solutions and seamless processes when our latest Managerial search has been the biggest shambles I have ever seen at our great Club. 

15 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Says he gave a list of potential bosses to our board 2 days after pedro was sacked:megaanguish: it was there job to get the correct 1 I see the relationship is going well:whistle:

Aye, here's the list in full...

Derek Mcinnes....

Aye...

24 minutes ago, BlueSnowGoose said:

Did none of these clowns look at Murty stats or credentials before appointing him add in that Hibs were the better team....

I hope he can turn this around but I have serious reservations...

The only way Murty could turn this around if some one bought our club and handed him. An open check book to buy who he wants but then again he wouldn't be manager if someone bought us over 

There will be a number which when reached will mean Murty walking or Murty being pushed out.   A bit like one clock counting up and another clock counting down.  The question will be which clock sets off the 'get out', or 'sack him' alarm first.

My guess is there will be a number of losses or a number of dropped points or an early exit from the SC or a dawning that the league placing looks strongly like it is going to mean no european football, or a combination of these which, if they happen, will mean enough of a light bulb going on inside Murty's mind.   That will convince him of the thing he knew at the start but failed to heed, and that is he just does not have the bandwidth of managerial experience or know-how to do the Rangers job properly.    Whether his calculation of that number comes earlier than the Board's calculation of what level of failing it is prepared to accept before the plug is pulled on Murty is, for me, the only doubt.   

Either way I do not see anywhere near enough in Murty to believe he can create a situation in the first 4 months of 2018 where he applies managerial motivation, skill and know how to make sure the teams he selects win enough points and games.    As an absolute rookie and as someone still at the junior stages of learning the profession of football management and in the fierce arena of expectation that is Rangers he is just not equipped to deliver.   His appointment is a huge and reckless bet.  The only question in my mind is how soon the inevitable happens of him walking or King sacking him.     If he loses the remaining 2 games this year and a losing or points dropped trend continues at the start of the 2nd part of the league season then I think that number could be reached quite soon.

Never, imo, has a manager been appointed to Rangers who is so painfully ill-experienced and ill-equipped to do a proper job of managing Rangers.   Never, imo, has a Rangers board been so negligent and so disrespectful to the support and so incompetent as to sanction the appointment of such an ill-experienced and ill-equipped manager.   A case, I firmly believe, of two wrongs making for a massive disaster in the waiting.   

Recovering from that disaster, when it happens, will take some doing,   And not something this current King-led board would be capable of doing.    

9 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

There will be a number which when reached will mean Murty walking or Murty being pushed out.   A bit like one clock counting up and another clock counting down.  The question will be which clock sets off the 'get out', or 'sack him' alarm first.

My guess is there will be a number of losses or a number of dropped points or an early exit from the SC or a dawning that the league placing looks strongly like it is going to mean no european football, or a combination of these which, if they happen, will mean enough of a light bulb going on inside Murty's mind.   That will convince him of the thing he knew at the start but failed to heed, and that is he just does not have the bandwidth of managerial experience or know-how to do the Rangers job properly.    Whether his calculation of that number comes earlier than the Board's calculation of what level of failing it is prepared to accept before the plug is pulled on Murty is, for me, the only doubt.   

Either way I do not see anywhere near enough in Murty to believe he can create a situation in the first 4 months of 2018 where he applies managerial motivation, skill and know how to make sure the teams he selects win enough points and games.    As an absolute rookie and as someone still at the junior stages of learning the profession of football management and in the fierce arena of expectation that is Rangers he is just not equipped to deliver.   His appointment is a huge and reckless bet.  The only question in my mind is how soon the inevitable happens of him walking or King sacking him.     If he loses the remaining 2 games this year and a losing or points dropped trend continues at the start of the 2nd part of the league season then I think that number could be reached quite soon.

Never, imo, has a manager been appointed to Rangers who is so painfully ill-experienced and ill-equipped to do a proper job of managing Rangers.   Never, imo, has a Rangers board been so negligent and so disrespectful to the support and so incompetent as to sanction the appointment of such an ill-experienced and ill-equipped manager.   A case, I firmly believe, of two wrongs making for a massive disaster in the waiting.   

Recovering from that disaster, when it happens, will take some doing,   And not something this current King-led board would be capable of doing.    

IMO mate it has nothing to do with Murty or his performances, this has everything to do with King and whatever ramifications are soon to be played out re: the COS ruling, IMO, Murty is just being used as a means of riding out time until King decides on his get out plan.

2 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

IMO mate it has nothing to do with Murty or his performances, this has everything to do with King and whatever ramifications are soon to be played out re: the COS ruling, IMO, Murty is just being used as a means of riding out time until King decides on his get out plan.

Each to their view of course, and that is as it should be.   Mine remains that it has as much to do with Murty as it does with the board who appointed him.    My view remains that Rangers should not be the learning playground for kintergarden managers looking to live the dream.   The Club, imo, way to big and important for that sort of reckless gamble of a managerial appointment to be made.  The damage he alone could cause in his team selections and in trying to set up a team to win could yet be spectacular.  That is my real fear in appointing a patently inappropriate manager.    There we have it.  We'll see the outcome in a few short months.  He'll either get enough of a grip and do well enough or its the ling walk of a short plank with the only question being does he go voluntarily or will he be prodded at the end of King's cutlass. 

2 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

One thing is for sure King must go....any journo worth his salt would be hounding King on the timing of the Murty announcement. If it is a smokescreen he has put his own interests above that of the club's ....not even sure if that's an offence for a plc does anyone know ???

The only outcome was Murty getting the full time job and that was what Murty wanted from day one but if he keeps up these bad results even after January when he brings in a few players he wants which I think is another waste of money letting him buy players in January he won't even get the chance to go back to the under 20s 

Archived