Time for Dave King to depart Rangers - but who could take over at the Ibrox club?

Virtuoso

2 minutes ago, broomloanjamie said:

Surely to fuck Glasgow Rangers is an excellent investment opportunity for one of these rich beyond belief guys who buy the likes of Brighton and give Albion. We're bigger than most clubs in England but can't seem to attract one of these billionaires. Our league might be utter pish but dominating it and having a good crack at Europe has to make more sense than buying Leeds Utd or Salford city. 

Brighton are owned by a true fan of theirs, who has ploughed millions into them to get them into the EPL.

The same can't be said of Mendacious Dave.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Brighton are owned by a true fan of theirs, who has ploughed millions into them to get them into the EPL.

The same can't be said of Mendacious Dave.

Mendacious Dave's a Liverpool fan, he only took control of us 'cause he thought he could make a quick killing and crawl back under the rock from where he surfaced.

38 minutes ago, broomloanjamie said:

Surely to fuck Glasgow Rangers is an excellent investment opportunity for one of these rich beyond belief guys who buy the likes of Brighton and give Albion. We're bigger than most clubs in England but can't seem to attract one of these billionaires. Our league might be utter pish but dominating it and having a good crack at Europe has to make more sense than buying Leeds Utd or Salford city. 

We are, but not at paying up 20 mil plus for those loans.

We'd need a whole new team and the stadium brought up to scratch.

King and co will hang on in there in the hope they get their return, but it will never happen at that price, so that puts us in a perlous state.

ive always beend against the idea of fan ownership but I'm at the point I think that's our best option. The Rangers support could not and would not stand for this, and it's starting to look like the fans are the only ones who wouldn't stand for it

The level of apathy and the amount of turd polishing going on at the Club is just sickening

Bottom line is we need a) professional transparent board, quality CEO and most important of all a fekin manager.

Could you imagine the likes of Wallace, Alex Ferguson, Souness with this group of gutless bastards..

Money is unlikely and isn't necessarily the answer....success will bring money. No point giving 10m to a dud manager well as giving a giving a good manager 7 million  to spend and a salary of 3m...I bet Allen ain't happy with the appointment either...a hapless board announcement as a smokescreen ...why else not wait till Jan to announce Murty 's appointment...

PS For those that weren't watching Hibs outplayed us....Murty record ain't good.

9 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

ive always beend against the idea of fan ownership but I'm at the point I think that's our best option. The Rangers support could not and would not stand for this, and it's starting to look like the fans are the only ones who wouldn't stand for it

The level of apathy and the amount of turd polishing going on at the Club is just sickening

I agree. Never thought fan ownership could work and still not sure but could it be worse?

With a qualified, competent CEO it might be possible. 

32 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Where are the RST and the RSA in all this? Haven't heard anything from them in ages

I honestly think the board are unaware of the levels of anger. They're surrounded by sycophants and self serving dick heads.

And this isn't just about investment, this is about gross incompetence in the day to day operations of the club. The PR, the stadium, retail, managerial appointment or lack thereof, recruitment of players, managing players no longer wanted, etc, etc.

The club lurches from one shambles to the next. 

2 hours ago, broomloanjamie said:

Forget the defeatism, I agree with this. When Wolves owner Steve Morgan decided to sell up he stated he wanted the best possible owner before he would depart. They then actively employed someone to comb the world for a new buyer. Look at them now. I know the TV money etc makes English football clubs more attractive but to say we could not attract one of these type of owners is incredible insulting to the reputation of Rangers FC.

4 hours ago, broomloanjamie said:

we are not attractive to anybody  scottish football is not watched  in usa or the far east we are a big club only in the eyes of the fans as the other poster said championship clubs in england are far more attractive  you only need to look at the other day  chinese and u.s.a guys buying barnsley  that says it all

On 24/12/2017 at 12:32, With Heart and Hand said:

I am sure the whole idea of fan ownership is to ensure that the big teams would no longer have financial advantage or outside investment. Amateur teams and junior sides are fine for fan ownership but if we want to try to be professional and successful we should avoid this threat because there is no way that the lot from across the city would be stupid enough to agree to b run like an amateur club.

1 hour ago, Loyaleastend said:

The herald is a yahoo loving scottish nationalist paper, i don't get why anyone would even read it,  as for their annual hit pieces on the orange marches...

laughable rag, no one should take it seriously

That's just an ad hominem deflection.

It wouldn't matter if it was part of the Pope's Christmas address, it's mostly accurate and doesn't go nearly far enough.