Best window since Walter returned?

KingKirk

Would rather wait til the window closes and see where we are. I wouldn’t mind shipping a few more out and getting some more in. But initially anyway, this window has been better than I expected...so far. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with cummings here  our attack options have been bolstered considerably - a proven goal scorer at this level; this fills me with fresh optimism I think him and morelos up front together will bang in goals for fun in scotland

Just now, sassaaaa said:

All these loans are a win win scenario for us , and its not because of any great business sense from this board either. They are fooling nobody , they are skint and need the next batch of season ticket sales.

To many times in the past we sign players on four year deals and they turn out to be fuckin donkeys and end up draining the club , this way if any of this mob go the same way we just end any interest in them , hopefully we get the odd gem this time.

Aye and the minute they play good there fee goes up 

1 minute ago, hugonot said:

with cummings here  our attack options have been bolstered considerably - a proven goal scorer at this level; this fills me with fresh optimism I think him and morelos up front together will bang in goals for fun in scotland

No he isn't. He's played 18 SPL games and scored 0 goals.

7 minutes ago, hugonot said:

well i meant in scotland you got me there; but anyway ive no doubt he will do well for us

Banging in goals for Hibs in the Championship is worlds apart from banging them in for Rangers in the SPFL. I really want him to do well, but folk seem to be talking about him like he's some kind of seasoned pro, stroking them in for fun at the top level. A proven championship striker is all he is, so I'll reserve judgement for now.

50 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The bheggars are not that good but it'll take more than a couple of loan signings to challenge them for real!

Do you think our team and new players will be a significant enough improvement to panic the peados into splashing some cash this window ?

They’ve been a bit quite which leads me to think they’re going bring a players in from left field at a heavy price but hopefully they bring in no one. I don’t think this title is beyond us if we get some consistency and the other teams take it to them rather than what’s been happening which is teams thinking they were beat before a ball was kicked.

4 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I'm not to keen on Cummings. Waghorn outscored him in the Championship and look how useless he was in the Premiership. Russell Martin doesn't fill me with confidence either. We just need to wait and see how they do on the park to properly judge. 

The premiership season they were a fucking shambles and him only being 18 doesn't help

They will strengthen during this window, no doubt whatsoever. Still, we have a good chance to push them all the way with the new signings that are already in the bag, and more to come. Not fussed about whether we can off load the supposed  ‘failures’ this window, some of them may prove themselves in a new set up with new team players alongside. Alves will probably leave in the summer, Dalcio’s loan won’t be extended even if he performs like he did in Florida, Miller and Kranjcar won’t be here and I’d expect us to shift Hodson. Hardie to go out on loan or sold. The others have a job to do imo. 

All in all it looks promising! 

For fuck sake calm down. We've beat a couple of Brazilian teams reserves and signed a couple of English teams' rejects and people are blowing their load all over the forum.

For the record, I think Murphy is a cracking signing and I hope Cummings will be too but it still doesn't change the fact that they are rejects from down south.

Not getting too excited as have been let down so many times, last summer I thought this it, seasoned international players in Pena & Alves, both have turned out to be bad decisions, now we're signing players on loan that cannot get a game at their club in the championship ffs, We can only hope it turns out well but if the last few windows are anything to go by there's going to be a lot of disappointed people. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Some folk only want to judge in hindsight however it IS in my opinion a good window and will hopefully get better. 

Murphy and Cummings I'm delighted with. Goss I know nothing about still but read positive reviews. Happy Pena and Nemane moved on.

If any/all of the 3 we're linked with come in then better still. There's about 8 I'd be pleased to see moved on too so fingers crossed.

If the new signings don't work out then we can discuss the merits of it. But surely we should have an opinion now on whether we believe them to be good or not. Every signing by every club is a gamble, do folk think our gambles are the right ones.

If folk don't give opinions now then it's a bit rich when they mouth off down the line saying they always thought it was a great signing or knew he'd be shit etc.

Bang on mate. On paper that’s the strongest squad we have had in recent years though can we get what’s required out of them is the question.

6 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

People need to stop getting hooked on the "loan" word... it is, of course a loan on paper, but with an option to buy. At least a couple have set fees. So basically we are trying before we are buying. Win-Win.

We are trying before we can afford to buy. Which is fair enough to an extent as long as the buy clause is favourable to us.

It does however limit our options in the summer as our budget is already allocated.

8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We are trying before we can afford to buy. Which is fair enough to an extent as long as the buy clause is favourable to us.

It does however limit our options in the summer as our budget is already allocated.

Thats true, but most people are commenting on how we havent bought a player... its "only" a loan, which on paper it is, but in reality it isnt.

Just now, johanhentze said:

Thats true, but most people are commenting on how we havent bought a player... its "only" a loan, which on paper it is, but in reality it isnt.

Yeah I get that.

But it depends on the detail of whether it's a guaranteed summer purchase regardless or whether we simply have 1st option, whether fees are set in stone etc. There's a few variables.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah I get that.

But it depends on the detail of whether it's a guaranteed summer purchase regardless or whether we simply have 1st option, whether fees are set in stone etc. There's a few variables.

Im sure a couple, at least, are fixed price.