**Official Rangers v Fraserburgh Match Thread**

BridgeIsBlue

Alnwick

Martin, A. Wilson, Cardoso, Haliday.

Rossitor

MOH, Docherty, Goss, Murphy.

Cummings.

A weird team for a weird game.

We could give MOH a free role, behind Cummings, just to see what he can do.

We should, in theory, and on paper, field any 11 players to play, and beat this lot without getting out of 2nd gear, but we all know that won't happen. We'll probably win 1-2, with either a last minute goal, or we scored 2 early goals, took our foot off the gas, and they scored, and we've been defending all 2nd half, and are relieved as fuck when the ref blows the final whistle.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It shouldn't really matter too much who we start but knowing us we'll make it hard on ourselves and I'm sure Fraserburgh will be right up for it. 

We could rest some players for the games the junkies but wouldn't go crazy with it. I want to see Cummings start. Maybe give Morelos a rest. Get Alnwick on too.

3 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Alnwick

Martin, A. Wilson, Cardoso, Haliday.

Rossitor

MOH, Docherty, Goss, Murphy.

Cummings.

A weird team for a weird game.

We could give MOH a free role, behind Cummings, just to see what he can do.

We should, in theory, and on paper, field any 11 players to play, and beat this lot without getting out of 2nd gear, but we all know that won't happen. We'll probably win 1-2, with either a last minute goal, or we scored 2 early goals, took our foot off the gas, and they scored, and we've been defending all 2nd half, and are relieved as fuck when the ref blows the final whistle.

Think that's a bit too extreme. But agree a few different guys should get a start. 

We're still trying to build a team and bed in new signings, this isn't the time for resting players or fucking about.

The players just had a mid-season jolly to Florida and some of the new boys are lacking sharpness, so just keep the shape and line-up pretty much as the last couple of games, other than maybe giving Cummings a start.

Perfect chance to give a few guys a rest as we have been playing 2 games a week and also have thistle next mid week as well.

Alnwick
  Hodson Martin Cardoso John
Atakayi Docherty Halliday Barjonas MOH
                    Cummings

Put guys like

Dodoo, Rossiter, Morelos, Candeias, Murphy on the bench

2 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

I'd rest Morellos tomorrow and Murphy,Tav and Candieas with the junkies on Saturday

Agree with all of that except Murphy. I think he needs game time so would give him at least 60-70 mins. 

15 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Perfect chance to give a few guys a rest as we have been playing 2 games a week and also have thistle next mid week as well.

Alnwick
  Hodson Martin Cardoso John
Atakayi Docherty Halliday Barjonas MOH
                    Cummings

Put guys like

Dodoo, Rossiter, Morelos, Candeias, Murphy on the bench

Why not chuck the gaffer in at fullback and JJ upfront as well seeing as we are giving everyone and there dog a game. 

11 minutes ago, Del said:

Why not chuck the gaffer in at fullback and JJ upfront as well seeing as we are giving everyone and there dog a game. 

Why not use the squad that we have managed to build. We have a big game on Saturday which should be more important. If that team cant win then they should chuck it

30 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Why?

Because we've not enough strength in depth, also we're trying to bed in several new players they need as much time playing together as possible. Defence needs time to gel. We have the goalie and Tav changed already. I'd possibly bring Docherty in and leave it at that.

Just now, Big Al II said:

Because we've not enough strength in depth, also we're trying to bed in several new players they need as much time playing together as possible. Defence needs time to gel. We have the goalie and Tav changed already. I'd possibly bring Docherty in and leave it at that.

We have more than enough strength in depth to make a shit load of change and beat a Highland League team

11 minutes ago, Gustav said:

We have more than enough strength in depth to make a shit load of change and beat a Highland League team

I'm not so sure, no point in taking risk in our last chance of a trophy IMO. Plus the team need as much time together as possible.

We have 2 changes guaranteed, id rest Holt for Docherty and that would be it for me.

20 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Plus to keep us in the Competition, agree the strongest team possible.

Archived