JN

falkirkNS

Met Jimmy Nicholl at Queen st station last night, spent around 20 minutes chatting away, down to earth gentleman, bouncing about on public transport says that about him himself, was a frustrated figure and understood the concerns, still sussing the group of players out, gathered he thinks a good number of the group probably are'nt of "Rangers" standard that we have had in the past. Working on bosmans at the minute for the summer. Think only so much input he can have as assistant....

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Sounds very much like murty will be in charge fir next season if they are identifying targets for next season or it could be MA doing this on his own for the new manger to work with which could be a recipe to disaster AGAIN!!!

It won’t be Murty as we are too dependent on season ticket money to give him the job permanently 

I’m not saying there’s not some good Bosman’s (Ian Ferguson listed some above) but it’s worrying that we need top talent and some aren’t Rangers class by Nicholl’s own rightful admission then mentions Bosmans in the next sentence which strikes me as same mistakes about to be made again all over 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’m not saying there’s not some good Bosman’s (Ian Ferguson listed some above) but it’s worrying that we need top talent and some aren’t Rangers class by Nicholl’s own rightful admission then mentions Bosmans in the next sentence which strikes me as same mistakes about to be made again all over 

It’s about identifying the right ones. Prso and Boumsong were Bosmans. 

6 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

It’s about identifying the right ones. Prso and Boumsong were Bosmans. 

Totally agree.There will be players capable of taking us forward out there happily running down their contracts knowing any transfer fee that would have been paid can be used to increase their salary directly.Its having the people in place to identify and sign them.Hopefully MA is the man to do this.

42 minutes ago, bluemc said:

See Jimmy in Stirling alot seeing thats where he stays 

My sister lives in Bridge of Allan, Butcher,Gary Stevens and a few others lived there, Colin Hendry lived right round the corner from her, he had a black wrought iron  fence all round his house with hand painted thistles as the finials( it was a long fence someone must have been painting them for weeks)

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

My sister lives in Bridge of Allan, Butcher,Gary Stevens and a few others lived there, Colin Hendry lived right round the corner from her, he had a black wrought iron  fence all round his house with hand painted thistles as the finials( it was a long fence someone must have been painting them for weeks)

interesting fencing information

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I agree but can you see how getting that standard? I don’t 

they are out there for sure 

13 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

We got some absolutely horrendous bosmans in that same three year period or so as well though 

Not the best market to rely on too much 

With Mark Allan and the new scouting team on the case I’d be confident that we’d unearth the diamonds in the rough. 

Just now, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

With Mark Allan and the new scouting team on the case I’d be confident that we’d unearth the diamonds in the rough. 

Can we say that scouting team have really proved themselves yet?  Obviously we still need to see really but I can't feel over confident about it yet 

24 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Jury's still out tbh. I'd say our recruitment has been very good this window, but in all honesty it's not as if we've even came close to 'unearthing' anyone. Murphy, Cummings and Martin's availability would have reached us through agents alone regardless of who our manager or head of recruitment was, and Docherty caught the eye in the same league we play in.  And Goss and Declan John ain't no diamonds. 

11 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Jury's still out tbh. I'd say our recruitment has been very good this window, but in all honesty it's not as if we've even came close to 'unearthing' anyone. Murphy, Cummings and Martin's availability would have reached us through agents alone regardless of who our manager or head of recruitment was, and Docherty caught the eye in the same league we play in.  And Goss and Declan John ain't no diamonds. 

A week ago they were.

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Took so long an apprentice was sent for a long stand.. 69i57&client the first 

5 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Sounds very much like murty will be in charge fir next season if they are identifying targets for next season or it could be MA doing this on his own for the new manger to work with which could be a recipe to disaster AGAIN!!!

If it's Murty then I'm going to have a decision to make re my season ticket.

Murphy, Cummings and Martin didn’t need scouted. 

John is rank rotten.

Goss looks like a decent footballer but missing something but all in all I’ve been pleasantly surprised with him and the contribution he’s made.

Its too early to make comments about Allen being some sort of master scout or gem uncoverer.

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Eric Olthwaite, Ripping Yarns spring to mind.