UPDATE: the remotest chance of winning the league this season.

23 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I take it the op doesn’t work as a motivational speaker.

I'm not so sure. He's started off the thread with a title saying not even a remote chance of us winning it but through writing the OP seems to have talked himself into having a bit of belief.

OP would do well to remember why he chose that username.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

@Helicopter Sundae

You would get less shite in this thread if you changed your thread title. Your OP contradicts the title in several places as you clearly believe there is a glimmer... and I agree a glimmer it is.

Let's see if the glimmer turns  brighter. A few weeks ago, there was a genuine feeling that the challenge was on, Then we fucked so many points, even after they lost a game, and we completely failed to capitalise.

I want us to win it this season, but I just think we have to temper the excitement. We were only 5 points behind in the run-up to Helicopter Sundae. And that mob have been Invincible for most of the season.

Was working yesterday so didn't get over to the game, going by what people are saying we were good and played well, had a few texts to say the same.

I have seen us up and down so many times recently, I'm just hoping that if we are on the rite track that we haven't left it too late to catch they cunts. 

And hopefully today will tell, maybe just maybe the sheep molesters will muster a fight and even a draw only gives them a point, if that happens myself and every other Rangers fan will hopefully start to believe until it's impossible, that's all we can do.

55 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Sad to have to say it, particularly after such a superb result at home against Hearts, the only team to have truly destroyed the bhastards in the SPL this season, but even though the dream is still on, and Helicopter Sunday Mark 5 or 6 is still a mathematical possibility, I just cannot see how we are going to be consistent enough, and for them to drop enough points for us to profit.I remember saying in here a few weeks ago that the feeling of being able to do it was building, and then we threw in some god-awful performances which at that time looked like our league challenge was dead in the water. People were even saying that playing as badly as we were against the lesser teams, there was a possibility of ending in the bottom 6 at the split. Thankfully, the caretaker took the players he had, enhanced the squad, and has put the belief back, where the only consistency had been the team's inconsistency.

By Sunday night, we will know if there is a glimmer of hope for our title challenge, and I hope there is, but I just cannot see those bitter twats blowing it.

But what a feeling if it could happen.

This post made me sad.

It is mathematically possible. We are bang on form while they are currently the unconvincibles.

Stay strong, believe and anything is possible.

55 is on mate.

1 minute ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Let's see if the glimmer turns  brighter. A few weeks ago, there was a genuine feeling that the challenge was on, Then we fucked so many points, even after they lost a game, and we completely failed to capitalise.

I want us to win it this season, but I just think we have to temper the excitement. We were only 5 points behind in the run-up to Helicopter Sundae. And that mob have been Invincible for most of the season.

Good post except the last bit mate. That mob have been bang average this season and between numerous dubious penalties * (Partick?, Motherwell, Killie?) and riding their luck with last minute clearances off the line (Lustig at Hibs) they really could have dropped more points. We also showed them up in the second half at Ibrox. Not complaining about the result there though as it was our own inability to put the ball in the net that done us out of the result I feel our play deserved. They are not invincible.

*The dubious penalties. Somebody correct me but I'm not far off. Partick??? the night before we played Hibs the first time there was some sort of dodgy penalty decision either for or against or not given??? Motherwell, Killie - Sinclair admitting diving then within a week MacGregor diving? Auld memory isn't so good anymore but I'm no too far off I think.

1 minute ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Was working yesterday so didn't get over to the game, going by what people are saying we were good and played well, had a few texts to say the same.

I have seen us up and down so many times recently, I'm just hoping that if we are on the rite track that we haven't left it too late to catch they cunts. 

And hopefully today will tell, maybe just maybe the sheep molesters will muster a fight and even a draw only gives them a point, if that happens myself and every other Rangers fan will hopefully start to believe until it's impossible, that's all we can do.

In my opinion it was the best performance of the season. Apart from a wee 10 minute spell mid-way in to in the first half we were really comfortable. At 80 minutes in and with the score only 1-0 there were a few people in the match thread using words like "squeaky bum time" and "nervy" but it really wasn't like that. In the recent past we've seen Rangers teams drop deep and invite pressure near the end of games while only holding a narrow lead. Well today we continued playing the game our way right up until full time, pressing the ball and winning more 50/50s than we lost, but more importantly, contesting every ball. We were that comfortable today that twice in the match Candeias done 5 keepy-uppies for a laugh. The first one was when the score was still at 1-0 so that tells you how much we were in control despite the slender advantage.

52 minutes ago, Gustav said:

In Walter's 3 titles 2nd time round we never went on a 10 game winning run at the finishing stretch.

Undefeated am sure we did to win the league. Different to this but take it one at a time you just never know.. 

Within 5/6 points going into the split well win it!

The sheep have got to beat those cunts at some point and no better time that tomorrow when I feel the scum will be at their weakest.

After a long trip and a humiliation in Russia, then a journey up to the frozen north, I don't see those cunts having the character to bounce back.

IF the sheep are up for it and those scummy cunts wilting, I se a sheep win, but I'settle for a draw.

Of course not the end of it, as many more points to play for and I can only see us getting stronger as the January signings get into the groove. We will drop points, but so will they and we come out tops.

Those cunts drop points against the sheep, they're done for.

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The sheep have got to beat those cunts at some point and no better time that tomorrow when I feel the scum will be at their weakest.

After a long trip and a humiliation in Russia, then a journey up to the frozen north, I don't see those cunts having the character to bounce back.

IF the sheep are up for it and those scummy cunts wilting, I se a sheep win, but I'settle for a draw.

Of course not the end of it, as many more points to play for and I can only see us getting stronger as the January signings get into the groove. We will drop points, but so will they and we come out tops.

The sheep hate us more than them not a chance they will put a fight up and if they do then my mate who is a sheep will get pelters as says we only raise our game against them :lol:

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No we won't unless to them. There's only 10 games left. We need to win them all to win the league.

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We will drop points, but so will they and we come out tops.

We have 30 points left to play for and we're 9pts behind.  We can't afford to drop anymore points.  We need to win every game we play.

celtic have 11 games left to play and even if they lose 3 of them it'll come down to goal difference and right now they're way out in front (I think it's +12 over us).  It could take a 10 point swing to overtake them so no, we simply can't drop anymore points.  

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We have 30 points left to play for and we're 9pts behind.  We can't afford to drop anymore points.  We need to win every game we play.

celtic have 11 games left to play and even if they lose 3 of them it'll come down to goal difference and right now they're way out in front (I think it's +12 over us).  It could take a 10 point swing to overtake them so no, we simply can't drop anymore points.  

I quoted you the other day mate to talk about the goal difference. For us to get level on points the goal difference will naturally even itself out. 10 wins for us and 3 defeats for them (2 inflicted by us) could be enough.

2 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Sad to have to say it, particularly after such a superb result at home against Hearts, the only team to have truly destroyed the bhastards in the SPL this season, but even though the dream is still on, and Helicopter Sunday Mark 5 or 6 is still a mathematical possibility, I just cannot see how we are going to be consistent enough, and for them to drop enough points for us to profit.I remember saying in here a few weeks ago that the feeling of being able to do it was building, and then we threw in some god-awful performances which at that time looked like our league challenge was dead in the water. People were even saying that playing as badly as we were against the lesser teams, there was a possibility of ending in the bottom 6 at the split. Thankfully, the caretaker took the players he had, enhanced the squad, and has put the belief back, where the only consistency had been the team's inconsistency.

By Sunday night, we will know if there is a glimmer of hope for our title challenge, and I hope there is, but I just cannot see those bitter twats blowing it.

But what a feeling if it could happen.

Guy with Churchill as his avatar ready to roll over and let the taigs on top ffs...

"We shall fight on the beaches".....

We were up against it then too, that avatar's wasted on you

28 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I quoted you the other day mate to talk about the goal difference. For us to get level on points the goal difference will naturally even itself out. 10 wins for us and 3 defeats for them (2 inflicted by us) could be enough.

Our GD is +24

celtic's GD is +36

Even if we won both Old Firm games 2-0, and they got beat 3-0 off Aberdeen tomorrow, they'd still be ahead on goal difference.  Their goal difference is +12 over us at the minute and that takes quite a bit of pulling back.

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Our GD is +24

celtic's GD is +36

Even if we won both Old Firm games 2-0, and they got beat 3-0 off Aberdeen tomorrow, they'd still be ahead on goal difference.  Their goal difference is +12 over us at the minute and that takes quite a bit of pulling back.

In your scenario they would only be 1 goal in front?

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

In your scenario they would only be 1 goal in front?

Yes, so despite suffering 3 defeats they would still win the league.  That's why I said it might take more than a 9 point swing to overtake them.  

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Yes, so despite suffering 3 defeats they would still win the league.  That's why I said it might take more than a 9 point swing to overtake them.  

Only if we disregard the other 8 games. Right now a goal difference of 12 looks like as good as an extra point for them. I'm saying that for us to overcome the points difference, the goal difference will naturally balance itself out.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Right now a goal difference of 12 looks like as good as an extra point for them.

I know you're quick to dismiss it but that GD certainly puts them at an advantage.  As if pulling 9pts back wasn't enough we need to pull back all those goals as well.  It's a very big ask.