Alves ahead of Martin

CoatbridgeBear

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Smile said:

He was poor at the back so much so he got moved to midfield I do not get this McCrorie was great at the back Bates is far better in that position and makes fewer mistakes.

It was for Midfield I was meaning. I agree, he was pretty bad at CB. I don't want to see him playing there again. The goal we lost last night was coz Martin lost his man. Alves would be better IMO. 

When Murty inevitably rotates players for Falkirk I'd like to see Alves for Martin, Alnwick for God, Cummings for Windass (then Cummings for Morelos) and maybe Wallace if he's fit. If not, then someone for Candeias. No doubt Miller. 

4 hours ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Alves shouldn't be trusted for another big game after bowing out after 10 minutes and almost leaving us in the shit in the last one 

He got injured? It'd have been totally negligent for him to play in with a torn calf. 

It isn’t even about the last game or how good he has been in his career. 

The bottom line is Martin looks like he wants to be here, he gives it his all and isn’t as bad as he’s made out to be. 

Alves was clearly injured at the piggery but tbh I’ve never once watched him and thought he gave it his all there, not even for one tackle never mind a full game. 

I’d rather start with a CB on the pitch who’ll leave everything on it than one who gives a cba vibe everytime he steps on it

10 minutes ago, Sket said:

If Alves starts against the tarriers we will regret it,he cant be trusted to give us the level of effort and performance a game like that demands.

The defence is still shipping cheap goals whether Alves is playing or not therefore the current defence can't be trusted either, you summed it up perfectly.

26 minutes ago, Sket said:

If Alves starts against the tarriers we will regret it,he cant be trusted to give us the level of effort and performance a game like that demands.

Bullshit. We have sheep following that idea Alves isn't up for it. You think he fakes injury for 2 months? He has been unluxly with injuries. He wants to be part of the world cup. He's hardly going to be scared playing in the Scottish league :mutley:

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m not praising him. He’s been average. 

Telling him to fuck off and saying he’s lazy is nonsense though. Offers more than Martin who’s been rotten or Cardoso. Poor show when Bates is your best CB.

Poor show when you can't give the boy Bates any credit for out-performing 2 international centre backs and another who was tipped for big things in Portugal.

7 minutes ago, PolarBear1972 said:

Bullshit. We have sheep following that idea Alves isn't up for it. You think he fakes injury for 2 months? He has been unluxly with injuries. He wants to be part of the world cup. He's hardly going to be scared playing in the Scottish league :mutley:

He's a big poof, and that bun on his heed just reinforces my opinion.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Poor show when you can't give the boy Bates any credit for out-performing 2 international centre backs and another who was tipped for big things in Portugal.

I can.

Best CB at the club. Great at the basics of defending. Stuck up for him regularly.

We should have better than him though.

51 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I can.

Best CB at the club. Great at the basics of defending. Stuck up for him regularly.

We should have better than him though.

He is out playing the players on decent money who "should" be better than him though.

A bit of credit where credit is due for me.

11 hours ago, PolarBear1972 said:

Away and don't give me any of your pish. The cunt has contributed the square root of fuck all in a Rangers jersey.

11 hours ago, danger ranger said:

The defence is still shipping cheap goals whether Alves is playing or not therefore the current defence can't be trusted either, you summed it up perfectly.

Bates and Martin arent great but they are way more deserving of a start than Alves,he has done absolutely fuck all to deserve it. He has been a complete failure thus far.

just another reason we should re-sign Carlos Cuellar. He's playing in Israel at the moment and is available at the end of the season too. However something tells me that Martin will be made permanent. 

17 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Who the fuck tipped Cardoso for big things.  Must have been his doting mother and Pedro, and maybe Cardoso, and some poor blind bastard.