Keep Tav as Captain...? Hopefully.

Ryju84

I haven't seen much said about this recently... so here goes.

With Wallace looking to return in the next few weeks, if not this week, I don't know if Tav will retain his Captain's armband. 

Personally, I hope so.

It may be a coincidence that we are playing well with Tav being the captain. We have new players in. New coaching staff etc... 

However, one thing that Wallace was shit at (as Captain) was commanding the team and defending our players. Every other captain from Junior leagues through to World Cup winners seems to do this.

Tav shouted commands in recent games for our players to follow... I couldnt hear Wallace doing this (although anyone in our Main Stand can prove me wrong). And with the ballsack punch on Bates you could see Tav questioning the ref about something (possibly card colour?) Wallace always seemed to shit away from confrontation with referees even though our players were hacked, or given cards for no reason.

Keep Tav as Captain?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tav has been awesome this season.

Given that hes committed to us with the new contract i think he should retain the Captaincy.

He has improved alot and seems to have a great attitude and respect of the other players. Wallace getting the armband is a step back imo. 

49 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Wallace is club captain, so if he plays it'll be him. Unfortunately he plays like a 36 year old now, and John will probably keep him out of the side whenever fit. 

When did you last see him play?

Guy was a virtual ever present as we came up through the leagues , think it took a lot out of him,  his performances went down hill and yeah he looked like a 36 year old, tired and not properly fit, think I'll hold judgment and see what he looks like after a long lay off and fully fit

If johns fit than Wallace won't be in the team. Tav should have the armband out of anyone else in the starting line up IMO. Martin possibly based on his experience and been captain for teams before so must have some leadership skills. Also like a CB or midfielder to have the armband preferably but no one else is deserving at the moment in those positions.

Tavs been excelling with the responsibility and its important to his continuing development that he takes on board responsibility and maintains his standards, concentration and discipline, the togertherness in the dressing room is as good as its been for years and theres spirit there again, I wouldn't upset that and I'd tell Wallace that he needs to concentrate on getting his form back and earning his shirt without the additional responsibility for being captain.