False Economy

Gazza1212

Failure is an ongoing expense which brings increasing financial pressure with each passing year.

So that then begs the question.......... If King had made good on his original promise of investment,  would it have worked out cheaper in the long run than all these costly blunders?

They say you get what you pay for,  so seriously then....... Surely by the time you add up all the money wasted on sub standard players and management he could have saved himself, or more importantly saved us a relative fortune. 

13 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Failure is an ongoing expense which brings increasing financial pressure with each passing year.

So that then begs the question.......... If King had made good on his original promise of investment,  would it have worked out cheaper in the long run than all these costly blunders?

They say you get what you pay for,  so seriously then....... Surely by the time you add up all the money wasted on sub standard players and management he could have saved himself, or more importantly saved us a relative fortune. 

I agree with you mate, but i don't think the moneys there.

Most of the recent signing are loans with an option to buy (once the season ticket money comes in) & we have that loan option with close brothers now, again not exactly a high street lender!

Its high time Dave just pissed off and freed us up from this perpetual cycle of mediocrity.

We need some serious cash and professionalism at the club which wont happen until that cheapskate leaves.

21 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Speculate to accumulate, totally agree. We will get nowhere with bargain basement and loan deals. Money needs spent on quality, the only time some decent money has been spent it was given to an absolute clown to squander.

8 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I agree with you mate, but i don't think the moneys there.

Most of the recent signing are loans with an option to buy (once the season ticket money comes in) & we have that loan option with close brothers now, again not exactly a high street lender!

Its high time Dave just pissed off and freed us up from this perpetual cycle of mediocrity.

We need some serious cash and professionalism at the club which wont happen until that cheapskate leaves.

If the money isn't there then why just spend the little we do have anyway? it seems like spending for the sake of it ... I do see the logic in this Jan window in the aim to consolodate second but that looks like a struggle now - so in essence even if it seems good on the surface, in reality we've spunked more money yet again albiet mostly wages

I think the summer window vs the winter window is decent enough proof that’s it’s not how much you spend but how you spend it. I mean look at Kilmarnock.

Regardless of people’s opinions on how much King said he would/has put in - you can just as easily spunk £10m on garbage as you can spend £1m on quality. 

For me it’s not a question of “how much” - up until Jan it’s been a complete lack of strategy; it’s been clear even after kicking Ashley out there boardroom haven’t been united.

Only in Jan did we see any form of strategic spending, people are completely over reacting if they think the players purchased in Jan haven’t been a succes. I’d argue maybe only Martin is one I wouldn’t keep. 

Now we’ve got the players, we must focus on a manager. Today was bad, last weekend was worse - but we also had our best run of games in 3 years prior to this. 

Let’s be a little more objective. 

Until the vast majority wake up to wtf is going on right in front of their eyes and take action, nothing changes and we go around in circles, overanalysing failures, berating players and managers and just sbout every other cunt, becoming more fucking frustrated and miserable as the weeks go on as the challenge nosedives and  the league is lost yet again.

One can only hope that this board see that it's over for them and they find worthy suitors.

10 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I think the summer window vs the winter window is decent enough proof that’s it’s not how much you spend but how you spend it. I mean look at Kilmarnock.

Regardless of people’s opinions on how much King said he would/has put in - you can just as easily spunk £10m on garbage as you can spend £1m on quality. 

For me it’s not a question of “how much” - up until Jan it’s been a complete lack of strategy; it’s been clear even after kicking Ashley out there boardroom haven’t been united.

Only in Jan did we see any form of strategic spending, people are completely over reacting if they think the players purchased in Jan haven’t been a succes. I’d argue maybe only Martin is one I wouldn’t keep. 

Now we’ve got the players, we must focus on a manager. Today was bad, last weekend was worse - but we also had our best run of games in 3 years prior to this. 

Let’s be a little more objective. 

Kilmarnock are never going to come second in this league, never mind first.

We are overburdened with legacy and not a pot to piss in.

There was nothing strategic about spending in January. We were skint.

We remain to be skint and our future depends on king staying or walking away calling in his loans.

We reflect on the park what we are off it. Second rate.

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If the money isn't there then why just spend the little we do have anyway? it seems like spending for the sake of it ... I do see the logic in this Jan window in the aim to consolodate second but that looks like a struggle now - so in essence even if it seems good on the surface, in reality we've spunked more money yet again albiet mostly wages

Board was under pressure after fucking up with Warbs and more so Pedro appointments. They must have felt the need to up the ante with the players to pacify the fans, but budget limited therefore we ended up with the u-20s coach and not a proper Manager!

28 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Kilmarnock are never going to come second in this league, never mind first.

We are overburdened with legacy and not a pot to piss in.

There was nothing strategic about spending in January. We were skint.

We remain to be skint and our future depends on king staying or walking away calling in his loans.

We reflect on the park what we are off it. Second rate.

Agree and disagree with different parts of your post. Ultimately though January was a turning point for me and Allen clearly has a strategy. We need to collectively get behind something at some point. 

As an aside, you only ever seem to wade in on negative chat and drive negative discussions, why?

I could’ve put my house on you being first to respond when I mentioned King (even though I wasn’t complimentary).

It’s unhealthy mate, try being a little more objective.

58 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Agree and disagree with different parts of your post. Ultimately though January was a turning point for me and Allen clearly has a strategy. We need to collectively get behind something at some point. 

As an aside, you only ever seem to wade in on negative chat and drive negative discussions, why?

I could’ve put my house on you being first to respond when I mentioned King (even though I wasn’t complimentary).

It’s unhealthy mate, try being a little more objective.

Utter pish. I was seventh on, so wrong to start with.

Allen got better players in as I've said on many occasions, but on the cheap and that was the strategy. We are behaving like fucking beggars and it's embarassing. Whilst those players were an improvement, not an improvement enough to take a title.

Too many bury their heads in the sand.

King was, is and always will be bad for this club.

We are second rate and always will be with him at the helm. If you think otherwise you are three years deluded.

The root cause of our current problems are this board.

You may be prepared to accept the erosion of standards across the board at our club and stay stoom, I'm not and I'm certainly not here to be compliant with king's suck arses who are driving this club into the ground.

The truth can be a bitter pill to swallow.

21 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Utter pish. I was seventh on, so wrong to start with.

Allen got better players in as I've said on many occasions, but on the cheap and that was the strategy. We are behaving like fucking beggars and it's embarassing. Whilst those players were an improvement, not an improvement enough to to take a title.

Too many bury their heads in the sand.

King was, is and always will be bad for this club.

We are second rate and always will be with him at the helm. If you think otherwise you are three years deluded.

The root cause of our current problems are this board.

You may be prepared to accept the erosion standards across the board at our club and stay stoom, I'm not and I'm certainly not hear to be compliant with king's suck arses who are driving this club into the ground.

The truth can be a bitter pill to swallow.

You were the seventh person to respond to me? What are you talking about?

I’ve not once complimented King, why do you keep suggesting I have? 

Stop letting your blind hatred of someone prevent you from being able to have a reasoned discussion. It makes you look stupid. 

2 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

if King had kept his promises we wouldn't have got pumped 5-1 twice and we wouldnt have had Pedro as manager

but hes a lying cunt and those who backed him are gullible mongo  twats who stay silent until he does something half decent then they act like hes a hero.

1 hour ago, Boyd9her said:

No chance we cannot spend what we don’t have and risk the clubs future. Mental chat 

The clowns running the club have been spending money we don't have for years. When you continually keep spending more than you take in the shit will eventually hit the fan.

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Totally agree.

If we want to be successful again we need to find the investment and buy these top players now we can pay it now and stop 10 in a row ... or we can pay the same after 10 in a row and suffer it now. We will still have to pay it anyway.

In fact forget 10, if don't do it we can give them 15-20 easily and lose our most successful team in the world reputation. 

Or we can keep on signing 3 players from Hamilton, Cardiff, QPR reserves etc instead of the 1 top class player we need and spend even more in the short term too.

This is not rocket science at all.

Was that not the thinking behind Alves? And look how that worked out. Would love to agree with you though.

On 17 March 2018 at 23:32, chris182 said:

THE fact that Kilmarnock have played us off the park twice this season is damning. 

The correct manager and the right players will work wonders

But who is the correct manager ?

since this board took over  nearly 3 years ago we've had McCall, Warburton, Pedro and Murty twice .