Would Allan McGregor be an improvement on Wes Foderingham?

4 hours ago, Siwel said:

“It was a massive disappointment that it didn’t happen at the time because you think it might be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I might never get the chance again to play for a club like celtic, who knows?

“When someone like Brendan Rodgers is interested in you, you’ve got to be flattered about it. I’ve thought I must be doing something right if clubs like that are looking at you. It was great to be linked with a club like celtic.”

that doesn't make him a taig

the vast majority of footballers have no side in the OF rivaly and would praise or play for either club

Cummings has more taigy traits than that abd you have him as your avatar, do yoi think he loved us when he played for the junior taigs?

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

that doesn't make him a taig

the vast majority of footballers have no side in the OF rivaly and would praise or play for either club

Cummings has more taigy traits than that abd you have him as your avatar, do yoi think he loved us when he played for the junior taigs?

We discussed this already.

Cummings scores goals and Trevor Carson doesn’t thats why he’s my avatar.

20 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He's a good shot stopper wes. But his positioning is awful. He can't control the box, distribution from goal kicks isn't great and he's suspect from long range. These are faults that he hasn't fixed in his time here IMO. 

I'm not thrilled with McGregor coming back. But he's a much better keeper than wes.

I completely understand your criticism of Wes, absolutely right,  he has things to work on. It bothers me a 37yo shagger will suffer similar physical limitations and worse - a hammering from the stands. 

Genuine question: what makes you think he is currently a better keeper then Wes? 

47 minutes ago, Drum said:

I completely understand your criticism of Wes, absolutely right,  he has things to work on. It bothers me a 37yo shagger will suffer similar physical limitations and worse - a hammering from the stands. 

Genuine question: what makes you think he is currently a better keeper then Wes? 

He's by far a better keeper than Wes. Watched the Hungary game and Greegs one on one twice saved Scotland. Wes wouldn't have. Simples. 

24 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

He's by far a better keeper than Wes. Watched the Hungary game and Greegs one on one twice saved Scotland. Wes wouldn't have. Simples. 

I suspect you have watched 'Greegs' once in 6 years.  

1 hour ago, Drum said:

Wes has been with the club 3 years now and countless times he's let us down in the big games. The faults I highlighted have shown no sign of improvement. I don't belive we can be a title winning team with wes as 1st choice.  

I think McGregor is more reliable than wes and would bring leadership and stability to our backline. His experience will also be a bonus.  

I'd also say McGregor is going to be safer from long range efforts and set pieces, areas wes has been a liability.

For 36 the comments I've been reading from hull fans show he's been a key player and there best performer. 

8 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Wes has been with the club 3 years now and countless times he's let us down in the big games. The faults I highlighted have shown no sign of improvement. I don't belive we can be a title winning team with wes as 1st choice.  

I think McGregor is more reliable than wes and would bring leadership and stability to our backline. His experience will also be a bonus.  

I'd also say McGregor is going to be safer from long range efforts and set pieces, areas wes has been a liability.

For 36 the comments I've been reading from hull fans show he's been a key player and there best performer. 

illustrated perfectly Courtyard Bear take note!

McGregor is a an improvement, I mind he was awful at corners though.

My issue would be if he was one of the players that tried to sue us for wages, id suspect no.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue, or the players that did?

Wait a minute fellow Bears, didn't most of you boo and slag Steven Naismith when he appeared on the pitch at Ibrox last week?

Lafferty got a more muted reception, so Davis and McShagger should get pelters also.  So if you hate Naisie the you should feel the same about Shagger.

5 minutes ago, Rupret said:

McGregor is a an improvement, I mind he was awful at corners though.

My issue would be if he was one of the players that tried to sue us for wages, id suspect no.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue, or the players that did?

It sounds like you're wet behind the ears and look like it too.    :lookinmirror:

7 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Wait a minute fellow Bears, didn't most of you boo and slag Steven Naismith when he appeared on the pitch at Ibrox last week?

Lafferty got a more muted reception, so Davis and McShagger should get pelters also.  So if you hate Naisie the you should feel the same about Shagger.

Not that I want to tread this path again but Naismith and Whittaker were the first to jump ship and see that they could get moves to England for a free and did their press conference where Naismith said:

”The loyalty I had was with Rangers. I’ve never met anyone from Sevco since it’s been formed. And I don’t think I could have moved forward on those terms.

“Will I ever come back and support the new club? I haven’t thought about it. Like a lot of Rangers fans, I’m just thinking short-term rather than long-term.”

McGregor left sure, but he left after them and at least didn’t pull a stunt like that press conference.

6 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

It sounds like you're wet behind the ears and look like it too.    :lookinmirror:

You evaded my question, I am not that new, I wont start a Scott Arfield welcome thread, until confirmed tomorrow.

Burnley midfielder Scott Arfield will join McGregor at Gers next season after he agreed a three-year deal.

5 minutes ago, Rupret said:

You evaded my question, I am not that new, I wont start a Scott Arfield welcome thread, until confirmed tomorrow.

Burnley midfielder Scott Arfield will join McGregor at Gers next season after he agreed a three-year deal.

I meant McGregor should be labelled along with Davis, Lafferty and Naismith.

5 hours ago, Siwel said:

I dunno much about Cummings thought he was a Hearts fan, Carson is not I know that now.

He was, at least.

21 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Every single one of them should be booed, but Naismith deserves it on another level, horrible wee wanker that he is

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He was, at least.

Every single one of them should be booed, but Naismith deserves it on another level, horrible wee wanker that he is

Please elaborate as I don't see why he should be singled out. Ok, I've met his father and his story sounds fine by me as to how he was shunned by Whyte and McCoist because there was no dosh.