Would Allan McGregor be an improvement on Wes Foderingham?

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

These sort of threads usually end with people moaning about living in the past and I know we’ve been over it already with Lafferty, Naismith & Davis but I think it’s a topic that can generate a decent discussion.

There are still a lot of people who question Foderingham’s capability to be our number 1 long term and think we need a better keeper if we want to win the league so if we do decide to look for a new keeper should we be looking at McGregor?

He’s kept Marshall (who cost Hull 5 million less than two years ago) out of the Hull side this season, he’s still playing international football and he’s out of contract in the Summer and has said he would “potentially” be open to the idea of coming back up the road.

On top of that you have the usual about knowing the club, having that winnng mentality and knowing what it takes having been the course before and so on.

The one obvious drawback (aside from him being one of the players who refused to TUPE in 2012) is that he’s 36 now but at the same time plenty of keepers seem to be able to play until they are close to 40 now so if everything went well we could get a few years service out of him yet.

Is a move for McGrgeor something that you think we should consider this Summer?

His last contract with us would've only ran out at the end of last season. He's better than Wes, but we can do better. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How about the one he let through his legs against the scum. 

This is the one I remember.

That was a miraculous stop on the night where we were absolutely fucking murdered, yet walked away on top. Still cannot believe that.

13 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

This is the one I remember.

That was a miraculous stop on the night where we were absolutely fucking murdered, yet walked away on top. Still cannot believe that.

Agreed mate, but like most goalies for every wonder save there’s the howlers to go along with. 

Penalty save from samaras was a belter as well. 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

I’m not sure if he’d be a replacement but we do need someone to provide better competition for Foderingham. 

Personally, I wouldn’t have McGregor anywhere near Ibrox again (a different conversation) but we do need a second good keeper to push Foderingham on.

You work for the record you should be nowhere near Ibrox ya cunt

There must be a young Belgian, German, French keeper out there knocking on the international door and wanting a high profile move to show his quality to the world. Dont need McGregor or some Hearts reject. Rangers whenever they have been at their most successful have had a world class keeper behind them. 

13 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

How would people feel about Jon Mclaughlin at Hearts?

He's out of contract in the summer. 12 clean sheets this season.

He’s going back to England. Good keeper but. 

6 hours ago, Smile said:

I like Gilks when he was here I thought he was a decent Keeper we should have done more to keep him.

Fur fuxsake get a grip he left us went to Wigan sat on the bench for 3 months and was freed and he is that good he still hasn’t got a club !!!!

10 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Fur fuxsake get a grip he left us went to Wigan sat on the bench for 3 months and was freed and he is that good he still hasn’t got a club !!!!

Did well when selected for us I thought I'm still firmly in the Hand of Fod camp anyway.