Vital times for Rangers on the pitch and off it

Lloyd

2 hours ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

This next season is the one for me.

This will really give me a better idea of actual progression.

Said before on here a few times, underwhelmed by the board but if they can get a good proven manager in, negotiate good retail deals and find a good sum of cash to back said manager with and all of this has a positive impact on the pitch then fine, I buy into it.

If we appoint someone mediocre and the level of quality doesn't improve along with performances then I would really hope even the most pro board fanboys would start to realise we are in the shit.

We have made a royal mess of coming back from our demise, let's just hope that next season we finally become and feel more like a recognisable Rangers.

More likely an asteroid hitting the Earth than that happening mate.

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

If the author hadn't put his name to it, you would have thought it came from the pen of Chris Graham.

Nothing more than a board sanctioned puff piece.

I don’t think the board have any say on this site 

17 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I don’t think the board have any say on this site 

Isn't the author (or one of the blog contributors) related to Billy Gilmour - that was the original connection / their in at the club?

The Rangers Observer having become an irrelevance and reduced to articles written by the snivelling wee cunt Carmody :sarcasm:

4 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Isn't the author (or one of the blog contributors) related to Billy Gilmour - that was the original connection / their in at the club?

The Rangers Observer having become an irrelevance and reduced to articles written by the snivelling wee cunt Carmody :sarcasm:

I dunno

54 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Rangers Observer / 4 Lads , makes no difference really . I think it's pretty clear that this Board ( King / Murray ) will have no shortage of useful idiots who can be relied on to be " on message " , and spread the word as required . 

Weeks now since the last courtroom judgement went against DK , yet not one of the bloggers above or Club1872 have dared to ask questions , even if only to dispel some of the more fanciful rumours .

3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

In terms of the team, we need someone who makes us hard to beat. Usually it’s the creative part of a team that coaches struggle with but, with Candieas, Murphy, Windass (if we can get a shift out of him), Morelos and Cummings, making chances is not our problem. Walter showed ten years ago that an average side, if prepared properly, can achieve a great deal if they are a strong defensive unit. In coaching terms, stopping and destroying is considered much easier than scoring but you wouldn’t know that from watching us.

Whilst we certainly need someone who can better organise us defensively, our main problem this season has been not being able to break down teams who sit in against us. That is evidenced by comparison of our home and away records.  Walter did put an emphasis on defensive organisation but he also had creative players in his team to unlock packed defences.  

2 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Whilst we certainly need someone who can better organise us defensively, our main problem this season has been not being able to break down teams who sit in against us. That is evidenced by comparison of our home and away records.  Walter did put an emphasis on defensive organisation but he also had creative players in his team to unlock packed defences.  

Our problem isn’t scoring we’ve scored the most goals in the league or we had done before the OF game but our defence is fucking dreadful

Just now, Siwel said:

Our problem isn’t scoring we’ve scored the most goals in the league or we had done before the OF game but our defence is fucking dreadful

We have scored most of our goals away from home where teams havent sat back against us! That’s not the case in games at Ibrox such as Hamilton, Hibs, celtic, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, etc.  That has cost us the league this season, or at least a better run at it.   

I’m not saying we don’t need to improve defensively but comparison of our home / away game record suggests that we have a problem breaking down a packed defence.