Vital times for Rangers on the pitch and off it

Lloyd

Vital times for Rangers on the pitch and off it

1 min ago

Advertisements

It’s fair to say the last few results have dented the run of positivity surrounding Rangers. From January Rangers had managed to string together a decent run of results and a real head of steam was being created as we approached the old firm game.

However the players failed to reach the heights they had previously set and we fell short, albeit not by the margins in games before that one.

It’s fair to say it was a better performance than previously and arguably we should have taken at least a point. However individual mistakes, on the pitch and off it are the margins and gap which we must close.

In January Rangers managed to recruit well and put a recruitment structure in place benefiting our club for the future. Young, hungry players were brought in and contracts renewed to set a solid footing for the club to build on. In that one window we managed to close the gap considerably but that window must be the first footing for more to come.

As we have discussed on this blog before, Mark Allen has the keys to this club now both structurally and in recruitment. He has the task to get the right men both on the pitch and in the dug out. He had previously said he presented the board with a list of managerial targets almost immediately after the departure of Pedro, something which the board failed to act upon.

It has not been given such short shrift this time as the rumours begin that we have began to cast our net managerially.

It has been said for a while that Dave King wants a man of ‘stature’ to lead us forward, rumours of discussions with the Clarke’s, Martinez and De Boer’s of this world remain just that, but they are sure to intensify as the coming weeks progress.

Rangers have a massive decision to make and it’s fair to say the fanbase do have a level of trepidation about it, after all this will be the boards fifth appointment in the dugout. The problem they have is there isn’t an obvious choice and outstanding candidate out there. There isn’t wiggle room, we don’t have more seasons to waste.

But the foundation is there for any new manager, the squad has a base to build on and whilst recruitment will once again be high in turnover it has been bolstered by a positive January. We don’t require ten signings, it has to be quality over quantity, with a budget similar to last season we can be more confident Allen will ensure it is spent better than before.

The stadium is having serious money spent on it as previously discussed on this blog. The club have begun the initial stages of the share issue where previous loans to directors will be cleared and fresh working capital raised going forward.

The club are talking to potential new investors and those rumours continue to circulate, this is where the board will come into it’s own because we need that fresh boost of investment new faces could bring, so it will be up to them to make sure that happens. Resolutions passed at the AGM mean they can carefully choose this process.

Rangers aren’t the toxic brand they once were, London is taking the Club seriously again and despite the nonsense spouted the club are on fantastic terms with the financial sector in the lands capital. Recent laughable rumours surrounding the club are exactly that, laughable.

With the club working hard and soon to be in a position to announce a new multimillion shirt sponsorship deal, the club will be free of toxic deals negotiated before them.

Thus again making the club more attractive to anyone looking to come in.

But it all remains up to our board, this appointment must be right as the ground work for the club has now been done and it’s up to them to secure the right external funding going forward

It’s interesting times ahead for Rangers and the club must get back to winning ways on the pitch immediately, whilst the board must grab this opportunity off it

For many it might just be their last chance

Ignore the Nonsense, the Irrelevant and the noise ?⚪️?

https://fourladshadadream.wordpress.com/2018/03/27/vital-times-for-Rangers-on-the-pitch-and-off-it/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The four lads have a dream were okay at first now they have just become a mouthpiece for King and this board. 

If anyone who supports Rangers can honestly say they see a future with this board at the Helm and improvement I wish they would let me know what it is.

It’s a well written piece full of optimism and positive propaganda. Dave king has done a good job! 

On a fantastic financial footing with the city of London? You’re joking right? We are a day or so away from being cold shouldered by all and sundry. If king doesn’t get his finger out we’ll be in big trouble. 

2 minutes ago, Shetlandblues said:

It’s a well written piece full of optimism and positive propaganda. Dave king has done a good job! 

On a fantastic financial footing with the city of London? You’re joking right? We are a day or so away from being cold shouldered by all and sundry. If king doesn’t get his finger out we’ll be in big trouble. 

We going to die again? Fuck sake.

This next season is the one for me.

This will really give me a better idea of actual progression.

Said before on here a few times, underwhelmed by the board but if they can get a good proven manager in, negotiate good retail deals and find a good sum of cash to back said manager with and all of this has a positive impact on the pitch then fine, I buy into it.

If we appoint someone mediocre and the level of quality doesn't improve along with performances then I would really hope even the most pro board fanboys would start to realise we are in the shit.

We have made a royal mess of coming back from our demise, let's just hope that next season we finally become and feel more like a recognisable Rangers.

In terms of the team, we need someone who makes us hard to beat. Usually it’s the creative part of a team that coaches struggle with but, with Candieas, Murphy, Windass (if we can get a shift out of him), Morelos and Cummings, making chances is not our problem. Walter showed ten years ago that an average side, if prepared properly, can achieve a great deal if they are a strong defensive unit. In coaching terms, stopping and destroying is considered much easier than scoring but you wouldn’t know that from watching us.

I belIeve king has to front the takeover cash today/tomorrow. Whether he does or not will give us a good indication of what we can expect in the summer. 

Part of me wants him to put up the cash but a big part of me wants rid of him and the rest of the clowns. We need a real owner with real cash

I think we’re a fan base (particularly online) of real extremes. 

King and co are either absolute heros who saved us from the big bad Ashley, or they’re utter charlatans who don’t have a clue.

I think the reality is they’re somewhere in the middle. Blogs on one side or the other are just agenda driven pish, and ‘bloggers’ are just full of their own self importance. 

The board could be much better, but they could be much worse. End of.