Bates is off

jjbscotty12

9 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Tomata, fair comment about McCrorie but Candeias apart Pedro's signings were poor and cost us a fortune.  I agree no manager gets every signing right but I,m just angry that we've lost Bates for nothing and think he could have developed into a really good player for us.  OK he did look like Bambi on ice with the ball at his feet but the boy can defend much better than Alves, Cardoso, or Martin.  I know it's water under the bridge but I don't think Dembele would have scored for them in the last game if Bates was still on the pitch, he wouldn't have been physically bullied like that.

The Mexican boys cost us a fortune but your only talking 2 players Morelos, candeias & dorrans he had the final say over aswell he’s a wanker an your right he paid fortunes for those 2 Mexican fanjitas, alves and cardoso have been shite but in alves the pedigree was there an most of us expected a rip roaring success, cardoso was meant to be his version of Bates an it looked at first like it could be good business but again the chances he’s had he’s not took them, the less said abt dalcio the better??

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

my point is - Walter Smith signed him, yup arguably our greatest ever manager. He seen something in him.....

Fuck being the manager of hamburg if it all goes Pete tong for big Bates ? you signed a Scottish   Boy to play football ?? ??

52 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

anyone know how young Aiden Wilson is progressing?, he looked decent at the tail end of last season, not saying he's the answer by any means but if he has progressed he maybe in line to step up to the first team squad ala Ross McCrorrie.

Think he'll be our development player promoted as 4th choice. Then there's Mccrorie. We then need two far better signings and Alves Martin and Cardoso mustn't be here as options.

Big challenge for Mark Allen.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Think he'll be our development player promoted as 4th choice. Then there's Mccrorie. We then need two far better signings and Alves Martin and Cardoso mustn't be here as options.

Big challenge for Mark Allen.

I'm really hoping that Mark Allen have someone up his sleeve here. 

We need quailty at CB. Ideally we need a mix of physicality and pace. 

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'm really hoping that Mark Allen have someone up his sleeve here. 

We need quailty at CB. Ideally we need a mix of physicality and pace. 

2 needed imo. Or 3 if Wilson doesn't get promoted to the 1st team squad. Problem will be moving on the contracted Alves and Cardoso to free up the positions in the squad and money for salaries.

Good luck to the young lad, time will tell if it was a good move or not.

We can all speculate why he is leaving, but I hope the board and/or DOF have a ready made replacement of a good standard as his replacement.

Again, time will tell.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

2 needed imo. Or 3 if Wilson doesn't get promoted to the 1st team squad. Problem will be moving on the contracted Alves and Cardoso to free up the positions in the squad and money for salaries.

Agreed we need 2. 

I don't think moving alves on will be a problem. He's looked checked out for month's now. I could see him heading to China or a Qatari style league after the euros. 

Cardoso could be more difficult to move on. 

Archived