Bates is off

jjbscotty12

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carsons Dog said:

I was talking to one of my mates recently who refuses to sign up to the RYDC lottery because he has this perception that we never seem to get any decent return on the kids we bring through.

Im beginning to see his point now

We bought Bates

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Don't think Rangers have even said anything about it yet :lol: 

Imagine he was just doing a tour of the Hamburg stadium and that was the bit he pretended to be signing for them with mock up newspaper article:lol:

Perhaps this is a strategic move from Allen as I think this was the club's decision to let him go - if we really wanted Bates to stay then I'm fairly confident we could of got him tied up a few months ago. 

Allen has most likely has defensive targets for next season and maybe the plan will be to promote Wilson next season to replace Bates as it was easier to shift Bates than it will be to shift the likes of Cardoso. 

Time will tell I suppose. 

29 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Perhaps this is a strategic move from Allen as I think this was the club's decision to let him go - if we really wanted Bates to stay then I'm fairly confident we could of got him tied up a few months ago. 

Allen has most likely has defensive targets for next season and maybe the plan will be to promote Wilson next season to replace Bates as it was easier to shift Bates than it will be to shift the likes of Cardoso. 

Just because it’s easier to shift Bates than  Cardoso doesn’t mean we should have got rid of Bates and keep Cardoso.

8 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

7.5k is nothing for a decent footballer ans should be well within our budgets. Think this is a terrible mistake from the club.

And I reckon we will end up spunking 20k a week on some has been...

We already are

49 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Wilson canny even get in the Dumbarton team. The team should have been built around Bates and McCrorie. Total fuck up again from these clowns in charge and first thing any decent manager would do is bin Allen.

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Just because it’s easier to shift Bates than  Cardoso doesn’t mean we should have got rid of Bates and keep Cardoso.

My point is if we want to bring better centre halves some will almost definitely have to move out. 

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Then why not move out the shite ones rather than keep Cardoso?

I didn't say we should I said it will be easier to shift someone who is out of contract than it is to shift someone with 2 years left or whatever it is. 

Someone at the club clearly didn't want/wasn't bothered about keeping Bates which says to me they have better lined up. 

16 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Wilson canny even get in the Dumbarton team. The team should have been built around Bates and McCrorie. Total fuck up again from these clowns in charge and first thing any decent manager would do is bin Allen.

So you don't think we could get someone better than Bates this summer? 

Archived